Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

15 hours ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Trump's claims about Biden. But hey, I get it. Conspiracy theories are so much more fun.

<Grin>  like Trump Collusion.  Yes, yes, yes. I understand.

• Haha 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

If it werent for the IG already reporting to congress that the story is real I would probably feel kinda the same.

Lots of folks predicting impeachment will come today but ill bet Pelosi is negotiating behind the scenes to get congress the whistleblower report today before she has to allow the impeachment to commence.

Ooooooh... IMPEACHMENT. We've never heard THAT one before. 

< munches popcorn > 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Former Massachusetts governor Bill Weld, a RINO whose face bears all of the signs of severe, chronic alcoholism, has declared Trump to be guilty of treason for daring to suggest the Biden family needs investigating...and that death is the only penalty suitable for Trump.

Man oh man, are the c-ockroaches panicking now.  Didn't know the Dem roach motel had Repubs in it?  Now you do.

GOP challenger Bill Weld: Trump committed treason and 'the penalty for treason ... is death'

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/23/politics/gop-primary-bill-weld-mark-sanford-joe-walsh-trump/index.html

Weld is a former governor of Massachusetts. Need I say any more, Hack?  I live here. believe me, he's the best repub friend the dems ever had.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ooooooh... IMPEACHMENT. We've never heard THAT one before. 

< munches popcorn > 

Add butter and maybe a little Cholula or Gringo Bandito

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

This has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump coving wrong doing. Show me where Biden or son have done anything wrong?

If Biden and son have done nothing wrong, why are dems freeking the f out over re-opening the investigation? Nothing to hide, right?

face it, Trump went after a criminal. Joe Biden and son.

• Like 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If Biden and son have done nothing wrong, why are dems freeking the f out over re-opening the investigation? Nothing to hide, right?

Theyre not theyre freaking out over the abuse of power by Trump .

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Ye gods... this chap has SERIOUS Trump Derangement Syndrome ! Where does he get treason from ? 

Well you know Benedict Arnold the British hero was much despised by the Revolutionaries for selling them out for personal gain.  One might argue that using the power of office to eliminate a political opponent is strictly for personal gain and not the good of the nation or any other. .

• Like 2

Here's how an impeachment inquiry would play out

The growing controversy over President Trump's phone call with Ukraine's president has brought House Democrats near a "tipping point" on impeachment as the party weighs how to respond to the incident. 

Remember: The House has not taken any steps toward an impeachment inquiry. But if Congress does take action, here's a step-by-step look at how it would play out:

• The committee investigation: The full House would authorize one of its committees — usually the judiciary committee — to investigate and consider impeachment, according to an overview from the Congressional Research Service. That committee conducts an investigation and draws up articles of impeachment.
  • The committee vote: They then vote in that committee on whether to refer some or all of the articles to the full House. If the committee votes to impeach, they prepare a report for the full House.
  • The House debate and vote: The full House would then debate and vote on the articles. The House can approve some of the articles and not others. (In the case of Bill Clinton, for instance, two of four articles were approved by the full house.)
  • The Senate trial: If the full House votes for impeachment on a simple majority, the approved articles are then referred to the Senate, which conducts a trial. Chief Justice John Roberts would preside, according to the Constitution. Members of the House lead the prosecution and senators are jurors.
  • The conviction: Senators then meet in closed session and vote on whether to convict and remove from office. A conviction requires a two-thirds majority — that's 67 senators.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Whistleblower followed legal avenues for recourse

Yes he did and I am glad we have whistleblower protection laws. Truly.
Did Turmp do wrong by trying to reright the ship and get that investigation of criminals back running. I say, morally , NO!

28 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It appears Trump acted illegally in the withholding of funds and the conversation in an attempt to get the Ukraine to reopen an investigation.

He is acting illegally by not releasing the whistleblower report to congress as dictated by the law.

Does that help?

All of this is very unclear Farmer. But I await to see the charges. Trump has the AG advising him. So we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Theyre not theyre freaking out over the abuse of power by Trump .

It is well within Trump's power - AS IT WAS WITH OBAMA/BIDEN to withhold funds. 

"equal protection" clause in the constitution should have meaning here.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It is well within Trump's power - AS IT WAS WITH OBAMA/BIDEN to withhold funds. 

"equal protection" clause in the constitution should have meaning here.

Yeah man its the whole, withhold funds to coerce another nation to become engaged in the American electoral process thing that is the problem.

Oh and the violating the law via obstructing congress from doing their job by refusing to release the whistleblower report. That in and of itself is a pretty big deal.

• Like 1

If true some good news!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Add butter and maybe a little Cholula or Gringo Bandito

What on EARTH is Cholula and Bandito Gringo ? 

Also, I'm confused. I thought we'd already had an impeachment inquiry, either earlier this year or last year ? I'm SURE it was discussed somewhere on UM ? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Also, I'm confused. I thought we'd already had an impeachment inquiry, either earlier this year or last year ? I'm SURE it was discussed somewhere on UM ? 

This is a wholly seperate issue than anything before but no there wasnt an official inquiry where folks actually had to vote on whether to impeach or not.

Trump just tweeted he was going to release the transcript of the entire convo though so assuming Bill Barr doesnt swoop in and claim "national security" hopefully it can all be avoided.

Reallly makes me wonder what else, and there is allegedly a "something else" ,  is in the whistleblower complaint that makes him willing to release the transcript but not the complaint (assuming he actually does release the transcript)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

OOOH i almost ignored the most important part of your post! Hot sauces. I know it sounds crazy but skip the butter and sprinkle a dash on a handful of popcorn and its freaking amazing.

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Ye gods... this chap has SERIOUS Trump Derangement Syndrome ! Where does he get treason from ? 

Escalating the public rhetoric with a casual claim that Trump deserves death is a sign of how much our civility has deteriorated.  Words have the power to move people to action if they are often enough repeated by those in power.  He didn't "get" treason, he just used the charge to throw red meat to the media.  I tell you Roofy, if Trump gets re-elected it is going to be a real shat-show over here afterwards.  So be it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Well you know Benedict Arnold the British hero was much despised by the Revolutionaries for selling them out for personal gain.  One might argue that using the power of office to eliminate a political opponent is strictly for personal gain and not the good of the nation or any other. .

So, working with the enemy in time of war to defeat your own country is the same as modern hard knuckle politics?  Really, Tat?  How, exactly, would Trump asking for a criminal investigation of a possibly corrupt government member be equated to trying to bring down our country?  It's a very specious analogy.

If there is a recording or transcript that shows Trump broke a law then he should censured for it publicly.  If it was criminal behavior, indict him after he leaves office.  Considering what team Obama did to him before during and after his election, the outrage rings a little hollow to most Trump supporters.  This is the result of 3 years of unending drama, hysteria and false claims and half-truths by the media and the Dems (but I repeat myself).  I can't even imagine what the true crescendo of anti-Trump hysteria will look like next year at this time.  

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

The amount of heights that TCSS has reached on this thread is....unfathomable.

Better get those water wings checked.  It gets worse from here ;)  We will match you outrage for outrage to protect our way of life.  No surrender.  Maudlin hysteria, juvenile aggression, and grave intonations from "government officials" hasn't worked.  What do you plan next?  All the usual methodologies of the media propaganda efforts have failed and they are beside themselves.  How DARE this president not know he is shamed?  How dare he not be humble before them?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

If it was criminal behavior, indict him after he leaves office. 

Hopefully he will actually release the transcript of the conversation and the whistleblower report and this can all be avoided. If not can you explain why you think impeachment isnt the appropriate constitutional action?

The Constitution provides for impeachment in cases of “treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors.” Trump’s alleged attempt to strong-arm Ukraine into smearing a political opponent fits well within this framework. Using the office of the president for personal political benefit comports with both the standard understandings of bribery and the broader category of high crimes and misdemeanors.

Trump's Ukraine call mentioning Biden is the strongest reason yet for impeachment

• Like 2

House Democrats think the Ukraine whistleblower report will be leaked if it's not 'turned over voluntarily'

It will be fun to compare the whistleblower report to what the administration releases as transcripts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Let me take a crack at this. Most - if not ALL democrats are happy that a whistleblower exposed Trump.

But when Trump plays the whistleblower trying to expose Biden the apparent criminal, he's a bad guy.

hmmmm….

It's just like HRC getting exposed by a leaker. Nobody cared that HRC was a criminal election fraud artist, they just wanted to blame Trump for the expose. Uh huh.

I keep asking for an example of Bidens corruption but no one can give me one. Instead it’s a case of poor Trump.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, and then said:

So, working with the enemy in time of war to defeat your own country is the same as modern hard knuckle politics? 

No not really.  That answers Roofs question about how Weld came up with his comment.  It is extremism, just not coming from a Democrat this time.

It is about using the power given to you by the republic to further your own ends rather than the republic's  needs.  I would not personally call him a traitor, just an opportunist.

I would not say it is just hard knuckle modern politics. either..  If the Re-elect Trump organization and the Republican Party want to spend money investigating Joe Biden and turning over every rock, that is modern politics.    Using foreign countries to do it is not cool.

It is so fake to hear the President talk about how important it is to discuss corruption in Ukraine. He has called just about every country either a sh**hole or corrupt.  The President has called out about half of the cities in the US and he hasn't done jacks*** about that.

We have Iran to deal with a trade impasse with China, those are a lot more important than corruption in Ukraine.

If the Pres can find evidence of Biden being corrupt in the US, that would be a bigger issue, and that is the rightful job for the DOJ and FBI.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

face it, Trump went after a criminal. Joe Biden and son.

Freaking out? Lol

again list what the Bidens have done wrong. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

How DARE this president not know he is shamed?  How dare he not be humble before them?

Good work andthen.  Greta would be proud.

• This topic was locked and unlocked