Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump’s Loose Lips with Ukraine

Raptor Witness

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

House Democrats think the Ukraine whistleblower report will be leaked if it's not 'turned over voluntarily'

It will be fun to compare the whistleblower report to what the administration releases as transcripts

Apparently it will be a redacted version which when the unedited edition finally comes out will make for interesting reading. 

...the interesting thing is watching Trump in panic mode all of a sudden talking about Democrats not doing anything on health care and gun control. It’s Trump and his party that’s been stonewalling on these subjects all because the Ukraine bunsen burner is under his **** and feeling the heat.

• Like 3

Big developments.

Pelosia is going ahead with a formal house impeachment inquiry.

Trump announces he will authorize a full unredacted phone transcript in response. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Typically you. There is absolutely no proof of any Biden wrong doing. Trump and his conspiracy theories are fueling a new generation of paranoia.

That pretty much nails it; you're not acting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Apparently it will be a redacted version which when the unedited edition finally comes out will make for interesting reading. 

...the interesting thing is watching Trump in panic mode all of a sudden talking about Democrats not doing anything on health care and gun control. It’s Trump and his party that’s been stonewalling on these subjects all because the Ukraine bunsen burner is under his **** and feeling the heat.

Yeah this may be them trying to run interference but something about this one feels different and may be part of his panic Republican-led committee is now ‘ratcheting up pressure’ on Trump as scrutiny over whistleblower intensifies

Since the explosion of the scandal surrounding President Donald Trump’s efforts to induce Ukraine to investigate former Vice President Joe Biden, Democrats have mostly taken the lead in drawing attention to the blatant corruption. But that changed Tuesday, when the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee revealed its own investigation into the matter and requested that an intelligence community whistleblower appear in closed session by the end of the week.

Chair Richard Burr, a North Carolina Republican, wrote a letter to lawyer Andrew Bakaj, the lawyer representing the still-unidentified whistleblower, asking for the testimony “no later than Friday, September 27, 2019, in a mutually agreeable secure location.” Yahoo News’ Michael Isikoff first reported on the letter. The committee said the hearing would be conducted to “ascertain an appropriate path forward for your client while protecting your client’s privacy.” Democratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia signed the letter as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

If Biden and son have done nothing wrong, why are dems freeking the f out over re-opening the investigation? Nothing to hide, right?

face it, Trump went after a criminal. Joe Biden and son.

If Biden has done something wrong, let him be investigated.  I think AG Barr could even appoint a special prosecutor..

It was due process that Mueller followed which resulted in no charges for President Trump.  Due process is a good thing to apply to everybody.

Otherwise Trump would have been carried of for tar and feathering by a mob of screaming people with no evidence.

It is not just Democrats that get concerned.  It is people that want a rule of law and justice to be served.  We don;t have to like the verdict if we can have confidence that the process was fair.

Otherwise, it is just a witch hunt.  I am sure you have heard of those.

• Like 5

Confused Fox News not sure how to spin Trump’s admitted Ukraine collusion

The looming challenge for Fox News: How do you defend Trump from allegations of collusion, when Trump has confessed to doing it? (Trump to reporters: “There was pressure put on [Ukraine] with respect to Joe Biden.”) For his media defenders in the conservative biosphere, the Ukraine scandal represents a completely different assignment than the Russian election interference scandal, which Trump vociferously denied being involved in. “The last time he was accused of collaborating with a foreign power to influence an election, he denied it and traveled the country practically chanting, “No collusion!” This time, he is saying, in effect, so what if I did?” The New York Times noted.

Perhaps sensing his political mistake in admitting to collusion, Trump on Tuesday tried to change his cover story, claiming he withheld aid to Ukraine because Europe wasn’t contributing any funds, not because he wanted the Ukraine government to dig up dirt on Biden.

Meanwhile, initial attempts to discredit the whistleblower who raised concerns about Trump’s Ukraine collusion have also fallen flat, in part because Trump has undercut Fox News’ spin. Early on in the story, as Media Matters noted, Fox News contributor Geraldo Rivera called the whistleblower a “deep state” punk who’s “snitching out the president’s phone calls to a foreign leader.” Fox host Jesse Watters denounced the whistleblower as a “snake,” while Sean Hannity suggested the person committed a “crime” and spied on the president. Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy dismissed the whistleblower complaint by claiming, “It’s almost as if they’d heard a rumor.” But again, that ship seems to have sailed because Trump has admitted to what the whistleblower is claiming. What’s the long-term upside of attacking Trump’s accuser, when Trump has essentially conceded that the accuser’s claim is accurate?

Indeed, Trump appeared to pull the rug out from under Fox News as the scandal first developed. Initially, the network rushed to try and downplay the whistleblower reports, suggesting the complaint was sour grapes and merely over “policy.” “Maybe this whistleblower just disagrees that he won the election,” stressed Brian Kilmeade. “And number two, the way he’s conducting foreign policy.”

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

If Biden has done something wrong, let him be investigated.  I think AG Barr could even appoint a special prosecutor..

It was due process that Mueller followed which resulted in no charges for President Trump.  Due process is a good thing to apply to everybody.

Otherwise Trump would have been carried of for tar and feathering by a mob of screaming people with no evidence.

It is not just Democrats that get concerned.  It is people that want a rule of law and justice to be served.  We don;t have to like the verdict if we can have confidence that the process was fair.

Otherwise, it is just a witch hunt.  I am sure you have heard of those.

Sure, and the Dems have spent the last three years conditioning the public in accepting what's called a witch hunt as O-KAY. Good luck trying to uncondition them.

• Like 1

I knew you never read articles you know you wouldn't agree with, farmer.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Now if you really want to investigate corruption that has been a thorn in the side of Republicans and many others, why not investigate Hillary? That is a good target.  Oh yeah, she is not a threat in the next election.  Got it.

Candidate Trump spent a lot of time calling out crooked Hillary but did not come up with anything solid enough for an indictment.  He could have saved the world a lot of trouble if he had more than facts to back him up.

As Hacktorp believes, maybe the justice department has been grinding on it for three years and any day now charges will come down. That is the Republican dream. These are the same impatient people who though the Mueller investigation took too long.

Nothing has been made public in Trump's entire administration about charges against Hillary.  

She and Bill are pretty cagey lawyers, they may not have left a trail of illegal activities, just unethical ones.. 

• Like 3

Just now, Michelle said:

Oh you misunderstand. There is a time and place for everything. Throwing that out at 1549 ET today, when impeachment is going to be announced at 1700 was just hilarious timing and a great example of the tactics we've been dealing with for years now.

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh you misunderstand. There is a time and place for everything. Throwing that out at 1549 ET today, when impeachment is going to be announced at 1700 was just hilarious timing and a great example of the tactics we've been dealing with for years now.

The question has come up wondering what the Biden's offences could have been. That article lines it up fairly well how he abused the office of vice-president.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Sure, and the Dems have spent the last three years conditioning the public in accepting what's called a witch hunt as O-KAY. Good luck trying to uncondition them.

Nope, won't happen.  People love witch hunts.

You say what happened to Trump was a witch hunt, the flip side of the coin is people saying it is important to discuss Trump's corruption in foreign countries.  Not a lot different than today.

Trump's white house going to provide the transcript but not the complaint.

Why not, unless Ukraine is a smokescreen or the complaint contains information additional to the 'provided' transcript which is damning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

knew you never read articles you know you wouldn't agree with, farmer.

I read it.  IF Erik ,Don Jr, Ivanka and Jered ,work out a few sweet deals with China and Saudi Arabia and others, is it just because they are smart businessmen?

I am all for smart business on the one hand and for exposing corruption on the other.  I would rather it not be partisan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

I read it.  IF Erik ,Don Jr, Ivanka and Jered ,work out a few sweet deals with China and Saudi Arabia and others, is it just because they are smart businessmen?

I am all for smart business on the one hand and for exposing corruption on the other.  I would rather it not be partisan.

If that were the topic I would discuss them too.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Michelle said:

You know you kinda got me there. I did start reading it but stopped when I got to "the timing of that was also curious".  I just dont have the energy to connect dots on that level, at least not until there are real charges brought by real humans. Hopefully meaning #46 whomever that is.

No thats not partisanship thats exhaustion after chasing down Vince Foster, Whitewater, Benghazi, Seth Rich , Uranium1, Pizzagate , Birtherism, emails and so much more.

Edited by Farmer77

Cant wait to hear what guidance the Acting DNI offers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

<Grin>  like Trump Collusion.  Yes, yes, yes. I understand.

No, it appears you don't understand. There was ample evidence of 'collusion' just not enough to prove (beyond a reasonable doubt) a criminal conspiracy of the Trump campaign with Russians. But they did collaborate, of that there is no question. The Mueller Report stated as much.

29 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No thats not partisanship thats exhaustion after chasing down Vince Foster, Whitewater, Benghazi, Seth Rich , Uranium1, Pizzagate , Birtherism, emails and so much more.

You forgot Operation Fast and Furious and weaponizing the IRS, but you did mix up several CT's with real scandals.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, hacktorp said:

The Burisma investigation was reportedly put on ice back in 2014, during the Obama administration.  Shokin was preparing to re-open it when he got sacked in 2016 due to Biden's threat.

The investigation wasn't put on ice; it just never really got properly underway. Ukraine officials were uncooperative from the get, despite repeated demands and threats from the US and UK. When Shokin became Ukraine's prosecutor general in 2015, he promised an overall corruption clean-up and also indicated that he would be looking into Burisma. 

HOWEVER

Shokin’s deputy, Vitaly Kasko, told Bloomberg that the promise was empty rhetoric and that their office did nothing to pursue its investigation into Zlochevsky throughout 2015.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-07/timeline-in-ukraine-probe-casts-doubt-on-giuliani-s-biden-claim

Shokin got sacked because he wasn't investigating, not because he was. His office was totally ineffective in reigning in corruption. If Biden was truly acting to protect his son, then his strategy would have been to keep Shokin in place, rather than have him replaced with a more effective prosecutor general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Inside the shady private equity firm run by Kerry and Biden’s kids

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside-the-shady-private-equity-firm-run-by-kerry-and-bidens-kids/

Wow! Just..wow! Why weren't we hearing about all of this at the time? No wonder they weren't happy when Trump started challenging China. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, skliss said:

Wow! Just..wow! Why weren't we hearing about all of this at the time? No wonder they weren't happy when Trump started challenging China. 

During Obama's presidency the media was protecting the administration. They are still saying Obama had a scandal free eight years, which is far from the truth. They never let the truth get in their way though.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Let me take a crack at this. Most - if not ALL democrats are happy that a whistleblower exposed Trump.

But when Trump plays the whistleblower trying to expose Biden the apparent criminal, he's a bad guy.

hmmmm….

It's just like HRC getting exposed by a leaker. Nobody cared that HRC was a criminal election fraud artist, they just wanted to blame Trump for the expose. Uh huh.

Still obsessing over Hillary. Lol. Nice deflection. Makes me laugh when trumper's claim tds when they're backed in a corner. There's enough irony to build a bridge to Puerto Rico to deliver the hurricane aid they never received because someone may have said something about trump.

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked