Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
RoofGardener

Poll of Palestinians

50 posts in this topic

RoofGardener

The Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research has released the results of its latest survey (an annual event), and it makes for grim reading. 

56% of PA residents said that they oppose a two-state solution, presumably instead favouring the destruction of Israel and the removal of the Jews, with 63% saying that a two-state solution would not be practical to achieve. 37% favour an armed struggle, with only 32% favouring peace negotiations. 

61% approved of the bombing that killed a 17-year-old Israeli civilian teenager in a park in August. 

All in all it doesn't make happy reading :( 

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/269092

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Sir Smoke aLot
45 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research has released the results of its latest survey (an annual event), and it makes for grim reading. 

56% of PA residents said that they oppose a two-state solution, presumably instead favouring the destruction of Israel and the removal of the Jews, with 63% saying that a two-state solution would not be practical to achieve. 37% favour an armed struggle, with only 32% favouring peace negotiations. 

61% approved of the bombing that killed a 17-year-old Israeli civilian teenager in a park in August. 

All in all it doesn't make happy reading :( 

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/269092

Palestinians are sane enough to realize that Israel has effectively destroyed (or it is successfully working towards destroying) every prospect for two states, especially in last decade. As if Palestinians had any power to act based on their wishes shown in pools.

There are many pools which point out how radicalized Israeli way of thinking is but conclusions which we can make by observing any of these surveys are usually going into far right direction and most of those pools are disconnected from reality.

From Haaretz pool :

1.7047378.2251268780.gif

LINK to article on Haretz.

Is there anyone who opted for ''do not know'' or something else among Palestinians in that article?

One interesting fact, there is no mention of 28 year old Palestinian woman who was shot dead recently, allegedly she ''had a knife''. I've searched for also some other important data but site is lacking. From your link

''When asked what the best path is for the PA vis-à-vis Israel, a plurality (37%) favored terrorism, or what pollsters called an “armed struggle against the Israeli occupation". '' It's so biased site that i find JPost sounding more professional.

It's easy to shape an opinion with such objective text. Meanwhile even you support Israeli 'actions' against protesters on Gaza border in protests which are lasting from March last year. Bloodbath, not protests actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Gwynbleidd
3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

only 32% favouring peace negotiations

That's an extremely pitiful number in favour of peace. :mellow:

RoofGardener

I know :( 

Mind you, many would have been afraid of giving any other answer than "Jihad", fearing that the PCPSR's data might be captured by the PA or PLO, and retributions enacted against any Palestinian who voted against PLO orthodoxy. 

• Thanks 3

spartan max2
3 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Palestinians are sane enough to realize that Israel has effectively destroyed (or it is successfully working towards destroying) every prospect for two states, especially in last decade. As if Palestinians had any power to act based on their wishes shown in pools.

There are many pools which point out how radicalized Israeli way of thinking is but conclusions which we can make by observing any of these surveys are usually going into far right direction and most of those pools are disconnected from reality.

From Haaretz pool :

1.7047378.2251268780.gif

LINK to article on Haretz.

I might be reading that wrong but that sounds like only 16 percent are radicalized .

Annexing with full citizens rights isn't bad. If you raise everyones standard of living and increase infurstrature, force people to go to school together, the fighting would start to stop. 

• Thanks 1

and then
5 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Bloodbath, not protests actually.

Those protesters regularly try to breach the border and are usually armed with knives, rifles or grenades.  If those young people choose to try their luck then what happens to them is on them.  One thing is sure, Israelis don't ask them or force them to attempt to breach the border.  I believe that average,youthful Palestinians would gladly put this struggle behind them and make peace for the chance of a better life IF their leaders wouldn't KILL them for trying.

• Thanks 1

Earl.Of.Trumps

I don't blame the Palestinians, I really don't.  Israel has made it clear over the decades that their idea of "peace" is that Palestinians should shut up and move out.  Attitudes tend to harden with generations of human rights abuses, and it can never go away because Israel is a racist nation and that is the whole basis for abuse to the Pals.

So Jihad it is and will be. Die with your boots on.

• Like 1

RoofGardener
On 9/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I don't blame the Palestinians, I really don't.  Israel has made it clear over the decades that their idea of "peace" is that Palestinians should shut up and move out.  Attitudes tend to harden with generations of human rights abuses, and it can never go away because Israel is a racist nation and that is the whole basis for abuse to the Pals.

So Jihad it is and will be. Die with your boots on.

I really disagree with you @Earl.Of.Trumps. Israel has been an active player in many peace proposals; possibly the most significant (initially) being Oslo II. 

It has always.. ALWAYS.. been the Palestinians (or more accurately, the PLO) who have either outright said "no", or who have quietly betrayed every single peace initiative. (again, including Oslo/Oslo II)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and then
35 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I really disagree with you @Earl.Of.Trumps. Israel has been an active player in many peace proposals; possibly the most significant (initially) being Oslo II. 

It has always.. ALWAYS.. been the Palestinians (or more accurately, the PLO) who have either outright said "no", or who have quietly betrayed every single peace initiative. (again, including Oslo/Oslo II)

When they are coerced into an agreement by their Arab brothers in the region, they will still break it.  The only way to avoid that would be to wholesale execute all the leaders and willing followers of the PA and the Hamas.  For them it isn't about the "people" it's about the power and wealth and the day peace goes into effect that gravy train ends.

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
39 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

It seems that Israel always makes it the case in any negotiations that exiled Palestinians will not be let back in.

Would you sign a "peace" agreement like that? I wouldn't.  

• Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
5 minutes ago, and then said:

When they are coerced into an agreement by their Arab brothers in the region, they will still break it.  The only way to avoid that would be to wholesale execute all the leaders and willing followers of the PA and the Hamas.  For them it isn't about the "people" it's about the power and wealth and the day peace goes into effect that gravy train ends.

If you kill the leaders, you may then have to consider genocide. Don't expect these Palestinians to ever accept that and their neighbors won't either

Dark_Grey

You may never see those polls on Facebook as Facebook has been quietly banning pro-Palestine accounts for years. You know, in an effort to combat "fake news" or something.

Independent.uk (2016)

A new report from a Palestinian rights organisation has found that the number of incidents in which people - including many journalists - have been arrested for social media posts has drastically increased in the last year, leading to worries over an Israeli crackdown on the right to freedom of expression.
[...]
This week, the activist collective Palestinian Information Centre (Pic) reported that at least 10 of their administrators’ accounts for their Arabic and English Facebook pages - followed by more than two million people - have been suspended, seven of them permanently, which they say is a result of new measures put in place in the wake of Facebook’s meeting with Israel.

Facebook gave no explanation why other than that members had violated Facebook's 'Community Standards', Pic member Rami Salaam told The Independent. The move was about “preventing our voice from reaching out to the world,” rather than incitement, he said.

• Like 1

Setton

Die on your feet or live on your knees. 

• Like 2

RoofGardener
On 9/23/2019 at 4:57 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

It seems that Israel always makes it the case in any negotiations that exiled Palestinians will not be let back in.

Would you sign a "peace" agreement like that? I wouldn't.  

Oh, Israel has said it would allow the original Arabs back in on MANY occasions. But not their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. 

This is in line with every refugee crisis that has ever existed anywhere and anywhen. But the PLO (aided and abetted by UNRWA) want it otherwise - uniquely in history. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

Oh, Israel has said it would allow the original Arabs back in on MANY occasions. But not their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. 

This is in line with every refugee crisis that has ever existed anywhere and anywhen. But the PLO (aided and abetted by UNRWA) want it otherwise - uniquely in history. 

You know the old saying Roofie, "Blood is thicker than water". 

I know I'd never let my kids go.  And really, is it truly Palestinian property if they cannot control it to the point where they cannot bring their own kids with them? Hell no. It shows that Israel is willing to let some people live on a prison farm controlled by Israel, like Gaza is. No true autonomy. 

Firetruck that!

third_eye

I think what the Zionist are saying is that only Palestinian zombies are allowed to return.. 

~

• Haha 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
6 hours ago, third_eye said:

I think what the Zionist are saying is that only Palestinian zombies are allowed to return.. 

~

Ya, the old bastids like me that can't fight and won't live long. Those folk - Israel will tolerate *somehow*. 

bigot bastids.

• Thanks 1

RoofGardener
23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You know the old saying Roofie, "Blood is thicker than water". 

I know I'd never let my kids go.  And really, is it truly Palestinian property if they cannot control it to the point where they cannot bring their own kids with them? Hell no. It shows that Israel is willing to let some people live on a prison farm controlled by Israel, like Gaza is. No true autonomy. 

Firetruck that!

Actually, the refugees in Gaza live in prison camps within the prison camp, courtesy of the PLO and HAMAS. Did you know that they are confined to refugee camps INSIDE their own country ?

• Thanks 2

RoofGardener
22 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

ZOMG... does the IDF have a Chainsaw Battalion ? :unsure2: 

• Haha 1

Sir Smoke aLot
On 9/20/2019 at 5:21 PM, and then said:

Those protesters regularly try to breach the border and are usually armed with knives, rifles or grenades.

Can you name me one IDF soldier who was shot by Palestinian rifle since March 2018, when protests started (if i remember the date)? Thank you.

Same question for bombs. For knives, well it seems to me that you imply that Palestinians are wild crowd of self suicidal maniacs who are willing to make knife runs on fully equipped IDF soldiers - soldiers who are also known not to have restraints when it comes to using lethal force (argument which is supported by statistics about injuries and deaths so far).

We again return to the claim of holiness of the border and it's significance - both which surpass the importance of human life. Sorry man but that statement doesn't hold weight.

On 9/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, spartan max2 said:

I might be reading that wrong but that sounds like only 16 percent are radicalized .

Annexing with full citizens rights isn't bad. If you raise everyones standard of living and increase infurstrature, force people to go to school together, the fighting would start to stop. 

I was merely pointing out the absurdity of using poll's in order to portrait the general mindset of a nation. We can dig out many surveys and whatnot but i do not really see the point in that, at all.

Annexation, whatever the result of it might be in the future still can not deny that by annexing land and the people you deprive those people of the most essential values. Would your nation accept annexation by it's rival in such case?

Would you give your historical rights for money? Would you maybe prefer to actually work hard to achieve that which can be achieved instead of submitting and letting others put you in your place? It's beyond comprehension for me, to even offer such thing. Like going to the neighbors home and offering to satisfy something, hmm, and give him money in return. Is his home prostitution market or something that neighbors should respect.

If family is sacred to that hypothetical neighbor so is the land for the Palestinians.

third_eye
1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

ZOMG... does the IDF have a Chainsaw Battalion ? :unsure2: 

It won't surprise me, they have death tractors to run civilians over like they did little Rachel Corrie... 

~

• Like 1

RoofGardener
27 minutes ago, third_eye said:

It won't surprise me, they have death tractors to run civilians over like they did little Rachel Corrie... 

~

Excellent. I WANT one ! 

• Haha 1

third_eye
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Excellent. I WANT one ! 

but Of course you do... 

~

Earl.Of.Trumps
5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Actually, the refugees in Gaza live in prison camps within the prison camp, courtesy of the PLO and HAMAS. Did you know that they are confined to refugee camps INSIDE their own country ?

Yes, some of them. Not all.

RoofGardener
3 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Yes, some of them. Not all.

Umm.. I think you'll find that ALL of the 1948 refugees are held as ... well ... refugees in the camps, and NOT allowed to mingle with other Gazan's and the general Gaza population ?