Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gyroscope recorder and amplifier

trevor borocz johnson

Here's a simple setup for a gyroscope recorder. A gyro is placed in a vaccum chamber with 12 tuning forks. The tuning forks are then placed on top of or touching a recorder inside the chamber. 

in the drawing above I show to amplify a smaller spring into a larger one. The gyro at A pushes in on the spring between it and the wall at B. The part at C is attached to the gyro only and sticks through the wall and spring, the flag type piece at the end of it comes out pushing up on the piece at D. The piece at E then lifts up allowing water to flow from F into H. The turbine at G then spins putting tension in the spring at I and pulling on the gyro at K.

• Like 1

Thanks. I can finally power my Flux Capacitor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Have you put it forward for a patent? I'd get in quick before Elon Musk steals your idea 

Here's a better setup I think. Everyhtiing is the same up to the point at E which is erased, where the piece at E is now letting air pressure out and holding it in as the gyro moves.

When the gyro moves out at it pushes the flag like piece at B out and allows the small weight at D to drop slightly as its weight is specified to push down slightly on the pole at C. The weight at E is attached to the cap at F and when the gyro pushes in and out on the flag air pressure is allowed in small amounts spinning the turbine at H and amplifying the torque on the spring at I. The air pressure comes from the tank at G.

Does this let you talk to your cat?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

what are you recording??

And what are you amplifying?

voices and dizzyness, and dreams, and ear whistling and my spaceheater radio show 

Can you explain how it records voices and dreams?

In the previous pictures I use a turbine to put the amplified torque on the spring, then I realized that wouldn't work. So instead of the wave created by the first spring spinning a turbine I have it coming out the end of the conduit at Hand hitting the plate that pushes in on the gyro and spring. the ratio of the lever to how much water the faucet releases and the ratio of the springs to the degree of amplification have to be determined ahead of time.

13 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Well in my gyroscope recording I made at https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/330305-recording-of-sounds-from-gyro-vestibular/  there were several times I played the recording and it seemed to be picking up voices. I played back the same part and clearly heard voices say the same thing over and over in one spot. Then the spots where I was hearing things and what they were saying would change as if listening to it again replaced what was there with nothing. I think there is a problem with keeping what you record recorded. right now I believe there is a bird sound in the middle of the recording and that's it but there was a time when it was full of voices much clearer then what you would get listening to white noise.

In the same vein..  I am an expert on this stuff.  The vestibular effects induced by a gymballing gyroscope are (of course) non-linear, and latitudinal, not longitudinal.  All that goes without saying really.  So the forces are at right angles to what you might expect, and thus any dreams that are not similarly oriented will give you zero output.  To date no-one has solved this problem, and quantum levitation induced by mag-lasers, may be the only answer.  Of course, using such devices would be fatal - not only to the vestibul-ee, but to anyone he/she has touched.  And also potentially start a black hole reaction.

The answer, as always, is...

.. you'll need a much stronger spring, don't use a modern recording device (we all know why that is!!!) - Edison wax cylinders are the only way to go, and most importantly .. stand just slightly back from the Event Horizon.

Any questions?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

Well in my gyroscope recording I made at https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/330305-recording-of-sounds-from-gyro-vestibular/  there were several times I played the recording and it seemed to be picking up voices. I played back the same part and clearly heard voices say the same thing over and over in one spot. Then the spots where I was hearing things and what they were saying would change as if listening to it again replaced what was there with nothing. I think there is a problem with keeping what you record recorded. right now I believe there is a bird sound in the middle of the recording and that's it but there was a time when it was full of voices much clearer then what you would get listening to white noise.

Perhaps the voices are in your head and you've recorded nothing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Perhaps the voices are in your head and you've recorded nothing.

It might be, and I doubt this is what you are suggesting, but the computer brain stores the memory and does the 'recording', however when I record a few words into the gyroscope soundtrack I can mix them or cut them off mid sentence and back to the start which I don't t think is something the human brain can keep up with.

In the drawing in post ten you could replace the gyroscope with a spinning record so that the piece pushing in from water pressure pushes in on a needle and carves a record this way. You might have to do this to all six sides of the gyro.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

It might be, and I doubt this is what you are suggesting, but the computer brain stores the memory and does the 'recording', however when I record a few words into the gyroscope soundtrack I can mix them or cut them off mid sentence and back to the start which I don't t think is something the human brain can keep up with.

By the looks of it only you can hear these voices in this noise.  If the human brain couldn't keep up with sound you wouldn't be able to interpret anything.

22 hours ago, trevor borocz johnson said:

In the drawing in post ten you could replace the gyroscope with a spinning record so that the piece pushing in from water pressure pushes in on a needle and carves a record this way. You might have to do this to all six sides of the gyro.

If you can already record these voices, what is the point of this water pressure recorder?

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

By the looks of it only you can hear these voices in this noise.  If the human brain couldn't keep up with sound you wouldn't be able to interpret anything.

If you can already record these voices, what is the point of this water pressure recorder?

I'm telling you it's more then just hearing something in the same spot, I have manipulated the voices in the recording and even recorded jokes like baseball announcers. When I play the recording in mid sentence it plays in an impossible way for a person to just jump in mid sentence with there own will to hear something. An occurrence that is common is when I record a brief couple words, they will playback at first from the point I start the playback, but then if I rewind it a little the whole recording is erased. I don't know why they erase but it seems like if you play the words recorded a little further back then its a crapshoot as to when you will hear them and for some reason you end up hearing nothing at all. 

My hopes for the water pressure recorder is it will be able to identify and record any activity that takes place in the vestibular, and that those recording be permanent unlike the messing around with ghost hunting type stuff.