Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Egyptian jig saw

Martas

I made from the representation carved on Egyptian glyphs, a possible example of a saw or engraving tool. My example is crude and made from a coat-hanger. When I can get the copper I will experiment with larger devices. Using a larger spring or large copper wire as a source to make a reciprocating saw and hammer drill.

Isn't that the 'cosmos bulb'?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stiff said:

Isn't that the 'cosmos bulb'?

Wots it too yah Midlonder??? :angry:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Wots it too yah Midlonder??? :angry:

Have at ye!

Light-Sabres.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

looked like a giant eggplant or pod person

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Martas said:

I made from the representation carved on Egyptian glyphs, a possible example of a saw or engraving tool. My example is crude and made from a coat-hanger. When I can get the copper I will experiment with larger devices. Using a larger spring or large copper wire as a source to make a reciprocating saw and hammer drill.

Oh my. First, welcome to UM. Second, do realize that contributions are subject to critical scrutiny.

In this particular case it is readily apparent the you have no actual familiarity with lithic technology or relevant metallurgy. Nor would you appear to have a sound grasp of the rather well documented culture/technologies of the period in question.

In short, your "proposition" is simply not supportable. Any attempts by yourself to experimentally demonstrate your speculation will result in conclusive failure.

However, do carry on and present us with your findings.

Edit:Typo.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Martas said:

What does the text in this picture say about what is depicted?