Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1000s stormed area 51...um, no.

the13bats

With all the hoopla i wondered how many frosted flakes really would go to area 51 and prove how big of horses rears they are,

well, the boast of 10s of 1000s was an epic fail, 100 showed up and the jackass of the day award goes to the guy arrested for taking a leak in public,

so all the milk carton kids, extraterrestrials, crypto creatures, ghosts and haunts and Elvis remain safe deep in groom lake facilities.

OR its a cover up, break out your tin foil hats more people than would hit a stones concert stormed area 51, torches, tar feathers, boards with nails....ET warned them artificial light makes him appear green.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

40 minutes ago, the13bats said:

With all the hoopla i wondered how many frosted flakes really would go to area 51 and prove how big of horses rears they are,

You guys really, really need to understand that this was all a viral fun thing for the memes. Every time I see someone call these kids nuts or dumb, assuming that this was anything more than a fun thing for the lulz, I can't help but think you're older than you're letting on.

Memers say they're coming and going to Naruto run so the bullets won't hit them, the whoosh crowd is seeing "they're going to run right towards the base, those fools"! 

Heh.

edit: Also, that article seems to be ill informed, or at least unfair in their reporting. There may have been 100 people at that gate at that point in time on that day, but there have been thousands piling into the area, according to this guy, who's there: (0:38)

At 10:22 you can see the guy mention all the cars parked in Rachel alone, and this is just one area of multiple where people are setting up - the scheduled event not even until a bit later tonight, before that article wrote that obviously. Also for added lulz watch a few seconds more and hear him talk about the Naruto run for the memes. Funny stuff.

OP article fake news??

Heh.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, _Only said:

You guys really, really need to understand that this was all a viral fun thing for the memes. Every time I see someone call these kids nuts or dumb, assuming that this was anything more than a fun thing for the lulz, I can't help but think you're older than you're letting on

images(44).jpg.584399616f20a80c957bafeef7d743d3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

I mean of course the whole thing was never serious, nobody expected thousands of people to actually rush at Area 51. 
But there's always the danger that somebody IS stupid (or drunk or high) enough to try to go through with it. Because people can be that dumb.

Only takes one idiot to make things messy.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

images(44).jpg.584399616f20a80c957bafeef7d743d3.jpg

Ironic, heh.

1 minute ago, _Only said:

Ironic, heh.

um no, you taking my funning post so serious you had to lecture like some old curmudgeon that was ironic.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

um no, you taking my funning post so serious you had to lecture like some old curmudgeon that was ironic.

lolwhat?

images(44).jpg

tenor.gif?itemid=14383108

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, _Only said:

Also, that article seems to be ill  informed, or at least unfair in their reporting. There may have been 100 people at that gate at that point in time on that day, but there have been thousands piling into the area, according to this guy, who's there:

hum, perhaps some of the meme kids did go geek out after all.

• Haha 2

Just now, the13bats said:

hum, perhaps some of the meme kids did go geek out after all.

Only 1 thing I demand and it is what black op is paying you to post this 100 population fake news!

• Haha 2

admit it you are one of those meme kids arent you?

• Haha 2

I was actually worried we'd have to hand out dozens of Darwin Awards due to this. Good to hear people are still (mouth) breathing.

• Like 5

Cool drone shot of a more accurate representation of about how many people are there (at least in Rachel, not Hiko):

From Rachel's website:

>Alienstock update 09/20/19: So far the Alienstock event in Rachel attracted about 2,000 visitors this weekend. After the creator of the Storm Area 51 movement pulled out less than a week before the event and the organizers started suing each other the event became much smaller in size and easier for the town of Rachel to manage. Most of the vendors pulled out but most of the visitors came prepared. There is a heavy law enforcement presence and so far there have been no major incidents. Two arrests were made last night when about 100 people gathered at the Area 51 gate at 3am, following the original facebook post. They did not storm the base.

Nice to see things seem to be going great for the town, and I'm not surprised everyone's being kosher and making a great time, despite the constant negativity and insults from people sitting at home.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, _Only said:

Cool drone shot of a more accurate representation of about how many people are there (at least in Rachel, not Hiko):

how many are the geek meme kids just there for the lulz and how many are the regular tin foil hatters always there with nothing better to do...hum, do i detect a similarity?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

camping miles away from area 51, getting drunk & drugged up is hardly storming.. the only things stormed are their brains- still, a nice day out

• Like 6

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

well, the boast of 10s of 1000s was an epic fail, 100 showed up and the jackass of the day award goes to the guy arrested for taking a leak in public,

so all the milk carton kids, extraterrestrials, crypto creatures, ghosts and haunts and Elvis remain safe deep in groom lake facilities.

OR its a cover up, break out your tin foil hats more people than would hit a stones concert stormed area 51, torches, tar feathers, boards with nails....ET warned them artificial light makes him appear green.

Listening to your description made me think of the circus atmosphere in the movie CONTACT.  It was a wild bunch :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, _Only said:

Nice to see things seem to be going great for the town, and I'm not surprised everyone's being kosher and making a great time, despite the constant negativity and insults from people sitting at home.

Jerry, do I remember correctly that you got ticketed or fined for being too close to a fence or something a few years back?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Jerry, do I remember correctly that you got ticketed or fined for being too close to a fence or something a few years back?

You know it baby, heh. Back before it was cool!

https://area51trip.tumblr.com/

Edited by _Only
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

since Rachal uses the whole area 51 alien thing to drag tourist dollars to the tiny little town im sure they were thrilled a new gen of dorks stirred a nothing burger, i didnt check their events calender but i wouldnt be surprised if they jumped up and had some sort of event, hey they could get jefferson starship to play, they played free here,

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, the13bats said:

since Rachal uses the whole area 51 alien thing to drag tourist dollars to the tiny little town im sure they were thrilled a new gen of dorks stirred a nothing burger, i didnt check their events calender but i wouldnt be surprised if they jumped up and had some sort of event, hey they could get jefferson starship to play, they played free here,

Man, you are misguided about that small town's innocence, and quite a bit of a jerk here, no offense. This whole thing scared them.

Edited by _Only
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

19 minutes ago, _Only said:

Man, you are misguided about that small town's innocence, and quite a bit of a jerk here, no offense. This whole thing scared them.

Why do people say "no offence" when they,arevtrying to offend?

None taken, i dont take forums or people on them personal, no one should.

i read your story link well skimned it you do have a drawn out writing style of drama mixed with self importance, it did show you are no one to judge or gauge another persons intelligence, or personality or anything,

im not being a jerk at all, im just going for a bit of humor, and innocent or scared not withstanding that town loves the $$$ they make off the myths of area 51, and they love people like you who drop close to 700 just for being yourself.

now a favor, post a big pic of that ufo highway sign, i wanna see the stickers on it...ty.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

:huh:

Edited by the13bats

Skipping over all your unwarranted directed negative critique towards me personally, I just want you to understand that the citation I got went to Lincoln County, whose police department enforces laws over a lot of these small 50 resident unincorporated towns, which are called 'census-designated places' (or CDP), which are what very small self-governed non-incorporated towns are designated as. So none of the money of a ticket goes to this non city of 50 or so people. Like I said, you're really misunderstanding things. 

Of course, the small community has been making efforts to 'cash in' on the popularity of the military base close to them that gained popularity back in the 90's with the rise of popularity of aliens and Area 51 with all the movies, shows, etc. that spiked back in the day, but there is no problem in that. Basically, it expanded as far as the town putting in 3 or so large trailers as motels for incoming enthusiasts, and having a gift shop in their local bar trailer, the Little A'Le'Inn.

That's it. 

Until this weird event, they'd been getting a modest amount of travelers filtering through (I'm sure it was more traffic back in the height of Area 51's rising popularity in the late 90's or so), which I'm happy they receive, and hopefully helps them out to keep living out there in the middle of nowhere. Really, it's all they have as a source of mild revenue, essentially all that's keeping the little town ticking. How selfish of them, right?

At the end of the day, really, how are you gonna toss shade on a small community town that has a town sign using Comic Sans font? :lol:

524370f1716916f782e783b3ae8a3cab1982200d

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I saw a video with a fake entrance station for people to storm. If I was close to there I would have charged people a few bucks for the pleasure of being photographed storming area 5 even if it was a fake entrance station.

This is America and that is about capitalism. I salute the owner of the hotel that set up a temporary campground. They should have had an alien suit for photos with the alien.

There could have been an area 51 "museum" with an assortment of alien gizmos, mutilated livestock, stories of alien encounters, and then a boutique to purchase alien pet rocks, alien bubble bath, or an alien lovechild doll. You take a barbie doll and cut the hair short and spray paint the body gray.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1