Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1000s stormed area 51...um, no.

the13bats

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I saw a video with a fake entrance station for people to storm. If I was close to there I would have charged people a few bucks for the pleasure of being photographed storming area 5 even if it was a fake entrance station.

This is America and that is about capitalism. I salute the owner of the hotel that set up a temporary campground. They should have had an alien suit for photos with the alien.

There could have been an area 51 "museum" with an assortment of alien gizmos, mutilated livestock, stories of alien encounters, and then a boutique to purchase alien pet rocks, alien bubble bath, or an alien lovechild doll. You take a barbie doll and cut the hair short and spray paint the body gray.

rozwell has no shortage of alien museums, just a shortage of actual aliens....

• Haha 2

Just now, the13bats said:

rozwell has no shortage of alien museums, just a shortage of actual aliens....

I know. The chap that runs it used to be the undertaker who took decades and decades to remember that kiddie coffins were requested by whomever.

A traveling show hosted in truck trailers could be cool and at least would arrive at the American dream - emptying the wallets of the doofus.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I know. The chap that runs it used to be the undertaker who took decades and decades to remember that kiddie coffins were requested by whomever.

A traveling show hosted in truck trailers could be cool and at least would arrive at the American dream - emptying the wallets of the doofus.

glenn dennis rip...part of the mushroom gang  like Kauffman and Rowe the attention seekers who didn't come out with their tall tales until decades after 47..when rozwell was cool...glenn was busted in lie after lie, even ufologists started to dismiss him

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There are a number of other stormin efforts in the works such as storming Loch Ness

woo hoo wonder if a group will storm irs headquarters for dons tax returns....:P

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I was thinking of storming Paris Hilton

she still around, havent seen her since repo genetic opera.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, brian100 said:

The Alien thing is becoming a big movement of people now.

Read the link again, or, read the link. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

There are a number of other stormin efforts in the works such as storming Loch Ness

Good idea, here is a boat for them

neglected-old-wooden-boat-with-hole-and-

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

I was actually worried we'd have to hand out dozens of Darwin Awards due to this. Good to hear people are still (mouth) breathing.

Too bad I was looking forward to it.

On 9/20/2019 at 3:36 PM, _Only said:

You guys really, really need to understand that this was all a viral fun thing for the memes. Every time I see someone call these kids nuts or dumb, assuming that this was anything more than a fun thing for the lulz, I can't help but think you're older than you're letting on.

I don’t know why you associate age with cluelessness. Some people have no sense of humor or wonder regardless of age. People go to Roswell every year on the anniversary of the alleged crash, many of which are dressed up as aliens and just there to have a good time and most of them are far into adulthood. Do you think people didn’t get irony or humor until memes? 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 4:25 PM, sci-nerd said:

I was actually worried we'd have to hand out dozens of Darwin Awards due to this. Good to hear people are still (mouth) breathing.

I never thought that for a second. It’s mainly people having fun. The truth is the storm Area 51 thing would never have gone viral if not for Main Stream News. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I don’t know why you associate age with cluelessness. 

Well, in this case, it's about youngerr internet culture. Some older people just do not understand what memes are, or Naruto or any of that, heh. Because of that in particular, a lot of the nuanced humor being tossed around is sailing over the old uninitiated head, though of course they still usually have common sense. It's just it helps to know what people are actually referring to when they're joking around, and that's where the meme culture comes in - they're basically referencing other jokes, but if you don't know the joke, you're lost in translation, and often left taking things literally or at face value. 

Edited by _Only

If there only had been "Alienfest" there and Limp Bizkit as the main performer as some speculated earlier when this thing turned to "Alienfest". Now that's a gig that I'd watch later as one cam bootleg video on youtube. ;)

I always knew there can be no revolution in an individualistic society. Even such a small and stupid one. I don't blame anyone, it was really a stupid idea (I mean that Naruto run) but at least there was a chance this to become the first precedent of the completely new kind of expression of the general will. Would the storm actually happen, all that government's overconfidence in control over people would be shaken. If millions want to know, then it must be revealed, isn't it? After all who's secret it is? Government's or nation's? Can a nation demand anything from its representative government? It is representative? Isn't it? Ha-ha-ha! If not, then who are those people?

Anyway, I knew it would fail since they attempted to convert it to the commercial (i.e. controlled) Alienfest, distracting people from the original free-born idea. And then cancelled that. They know how to control people's minds. Now you can eyewitness how strong their control is. No violence needed, just turn revolution into entertainment by selling tickets and popcorn and then cancel the show. Everyone goes home.

Sorry, I shouldn't be writing this, cause I wouldn't storm the gates myself anyway: the chance there are aliens (at least now) is below zero, while falling from the bullets there would be worthy of the Darwin award. That's not the way it should be done.

Edited by Chaldon

OK fellow Europeans, if America is storming Area 51, we need to storm the Vatican.

They can take the Aliens and we'll take the Predators. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Don't you just hate it when people get you all hyped up only to learn it was all hot air?:angry:

• Like 1

It's so easy to sign onto some online whatever than it is to get the old lard butt out of their parent's basement and to a physical location.

• Haha 2

On 9/21/2019 at 10:02 AM, _Only said:

Man, you are misguided about that small town's innocence, and quite a bit of a jerk here, no offense.

I choose to laugh, not to shake my head at the hypocrisy...