Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

War in Iran is coming

brian100

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Saddam did have the start of a making a atomic bomb, Isreal did bomb a nuclear plant in Iraq

Sorry, Docy, Iraq did not have the 15-20 laboratories necessary to start making a nuke bomb, they had no centrifuges, no yellow cake even.

And yes, Israel did bomb a nuclear power plant - an act of war. Should we bomb every nuclear power plant in the world, Docy?
Does Israel or *anyone* have the right to blow up nuclear power plants? how about America's power plants, can someone just blow them up?

Sorry, I disagree. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

gee all nobody want to start a war with Iran and killing anyone but stopped them  from creating a  atomic bomb by them,  a deal .   

Did anyone stop Israel from developing the bomb? Now Iran has Israel's nukes aimed at them. Is this fair?

I believe in the "equal protection" clause of the constitution. What's good for the goose is good for the gander

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sorry, Docy, Iraq did not have the 15-20 laboratories necessary to start making a nuke bomb, they had no centrifuges, no yellow cake even.

And yes, Israel did bomb a nuclear power plant - an act of war. Should we bomb every nuclear power plant in the world, Docy?
Does Israel or *anyone* have the right to blow up nuclear power plants? how about America's power plants, can someone just blow them up?

Sorry, I disagree. 

You see @Earl.Of.Trumps, the thing is about a nuclear power plant, is that you don't NEED cetrifuges. A nuclear reactor is an ALTERNATIVE to centrifuges. And the Iraqi's had about 75Kg of highly enriched uranium, courtesy of the French, let alone yellowcake. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

...... how about America's power plants, can someone just blow them up?

I believe that - traditionally - we leave that up to the plant operating companies ? 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Did anyone stop Israel from developing the bomb?

Israel has proven to be a trustworthy custodian of nuclear weapons. They have not used them, or even threatened to use them. 

I do NOT believe that Iran would be as trustworthy. End of. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

You see @Earl.Of.Trumps, the thing is about a nuclear power plant, is that you don't NEED cetrifuges. A nuclear reactor is an ALTERNATIVE to centrifuges. And the Iraqi's had about 75Kg of highly enriched uranium, courtesy of the French, let alone yellowcake. 

So in other words, international law does not take precedence, Israel law does and it is "Israel can do it, you can't" law.  Screw that. 

You wonder why Iran wants the bomb? If Israel tried that crap with an armed Iran, they'd have to consider being nuked. So the bomb then becomes an indispensable political weapon. That, Israel understands. Now you have their attention and respect.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

RG, that reactor was destroyed in 1980 for gawd's sake. They had nothing going on to make a bomb or Israel would have destroyed it

2 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

RG, that reactor was destroyed in 1980 for gawd's sake. They had nothing going on to make a bomb or Israel would have destroyed it

Umm.. Israel DID destroy it ???? 

Interestingly, Iran has at least one operational nuclear plant and is - I believe - building at least one more. But Israel has made no moves against them because - unlike the Iraqi reactor - they are under much tighter international controls, and their design isn't suitable for making bombs. 

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Interestingly, Iran has at least one operational nuclear plant and is - I believe - building at least one more. But Israel has made no moves against them because - unlike the Iraqi reactor - they are under much tighter international controls, and their design isn't suitable for making bombs. 

I believe the reason for destroying the Iraq nuke plant is because it was a breeder reactor. It's waste is plutonium that can be used to make bombs.

Not sure about Iran's nuke plant but I am guessing it is not a breeder reactor or Israel would have had the US nuke it for them long ago. 

Anyway. Israel has never signed on to the nuclear non proliferation treaty which makes them the only unreliable owner of nukes in the world. How they get away with this crap is astounding.

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

So why withdraw from the deal that was maintaining those controls? 

Thanks to the US, Iran now has no incentive not to develop a nuclear weapon. 

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Anyway. Israel has never signed on to the nuclear non proliferation treaty which makes them the only unreliable owner of nukes in the world. How they get away with this crap is astounding.

I don't think it's so strange.  Because of their unique history, whether you agree, or not, the world's leaders know of a certainty that bullying them militarily will bring down REAL consequences.  The U.N. is a joke and has been since its inception.  

5 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I believe the reason for destroying the Iraq nuke plant is because it was a breeder reactor. It's waste is plutonium that can be used to make bombs.

Not sure about Iran's nuke plant but I am guessing it is not a breeder reactor or Israel would have had the US nuke it for them long ago. 

Yup, the ONLY "unreliable" owners of nukes in the world. 

Along with Pakistan, India, North Korea, South Africa, Libya and Syria. (yes, both LIbya and Syria have - or had - nuclear power stations capable of refining Uranium. I BET you didn't know that ? ). 

Hmm.... not a particularly DESIRABLE club, it has to be said. But then... unlike all the other non-Treaty nuclear powers, Israel was the only one under threat of annihilation by its neighbors. 

Still, interesting information about the breeder reactor. I didn't know that - thanks @Earl.Of.Trumps

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

So why withdraw from the deal that was maintaining those controls? 

Thanks to the US, Iran now has no incentive not to develop a nuclear weapon. 

The Iranian atomic bomb program did NOT rely on its nuclear power plants, but on centrifuge technology, as you well know, @Setton

Go to bed with no supper ! 

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

unlike the Iraqi reactor - they are under much tighter international controls, and their design isn't suitable for making bombs. 

That isnt completely accurate.  The Arak nuclear reactor was capable of producing weapons grade plutonium and the design changes done due to the JCPOA to prevent weapon grade plutonium production can be quickly undone and even with the new design changes spent fuel from the Arak reactor can still be reprocessed to extract weapons grade plutonium.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:21 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sorry, I disagree. 

There is no proof that Isreal ever made a atomic bomb, or any other country ever  given them one , but President Bush did give them defense missiles.  

Edited by docyabut2

Iraq actually did have some yellowcake uranium, but none was ffrom after the 1991 war. It was declared to the UN and was under supervision of the IAEA, with the seals intact when the second war broke out.

They quietly sneaked it out of the country by 2008

Edited by The Caspian Hare
added sentence