Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wearable chair lets you sit where you want

Still Waters

On Wednesday night, the Tech Insider Twitter account made a simple statement: “This wearable chair could change how we work and travel.” The text was accompanied by a short video advertising the LEX bionic chair, a pair of £200 foldable aluminium legs that you strap to your bum and lean against whenever your legs get a bit tired. In the video, a man uses the LEX while sitting at a desk, waiting for a bus, and taking photos. It really does it all.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/shortcuts/2019/sep/19/the-wearable-lex-chair-lets-you-sit-where-you-want-but-will-it-catch-on

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7486687/Wearable-chair-straps-ones-backside-dividing-social-media-users-going-viral.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

It actually looks like something that could help people with such issues.  It seems to require a more erect posture for the spine so a person can balance themselves and that's all to the good as well.  I'm not sure I'd want to cough up 250 dollars for it though.

• Like 2

My question is the same I asked my daughters when they wanted a specific pair of shoes, "Nice, but can you run when your wearing them/it?"  I could see this being useful for people with mobility issues, but not young healthy people.  And I want to know where the guy sat when he got on the bus.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

My question is the same I asked my daughters when they wanted a specific pair of shoes, "Nice, but can you run when your wearing them/it?"  I could see this being useful for people with mobility issues, but not young healthy people.  And I want to know where the guy sat when he got on the bus.

Yeah...I can't see it being for any other market than for older folks with mobility issues or as a "luxury" type purchase for outdoor sporting events, maybe.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah...I can't see it being for any other market than for older folks with mobility issues 

I can. I see obese people riding single wheel vehicles rather than walk when I’m  downtown, I can imagine these same people wearing a chair on their ass so they can sit down and rest at will.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I see obese people riding single wheel vehicles rather than walk when I’m  downtown,

Huh? A what? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Like this. 

They must be for young, obese progressives, since it is Seattle. :lol: The closest thing I've seen to that are Segways used in huge warehouses.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, OverSword said:

Like this. 

I'm 100% positive I would break my a$$ on this thing! hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

I'm 100% positive I would break my a$$ on this thing! hehe

Turn it down a few percentage points.  These things are a gyroscope and won't tip easily.  I've seen some pretty uncoordinated looking people riding them easily.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Turn it down a few percentage points.  These things are a gyroscope and won't tip easily.  I've seen some pretty uncoordinated looking people riding them easily.

My grandson has the two wheel contraption that was shown at the beginning of the video.  He and his friend love riding that up and down the street.

• Like 1

Pixar out there predicting the future

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

OK, I'll go to 97%, but only reluctantly. As soon as I saw the young guy go face first trying to go up a hill, I was like "yup, I'm in the dirt" lol. Or even more fun, I get going too fast downhill hahaha. :)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Calibeliever said:

OK, I'll go to 97%, but only reluctantly. As soon as I saw the young guy go face first trying to go up a hill, I was like "yup, I'm in the dirt" lol. Or even more fun, I get going too fast downhill hahaha. :)

Yeah but if you notice the guy in the video is cruising around after about an hour on all kinds of different terrain.  I'm sure they are much easier on the sidewalk going about 5 mph.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

Egad, I can hardly wait for the porta-potty attachment.

Don't give California any ideas.

• Haha 1