Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Arrest Made in 1985 TWA hijacking

BrooklynGuy

I'm not sure if I am mixing this up with another hijacking, but is this the one where they blew up the B747 on the tarmac?

If so, it explains why TWA went belly up, just like Pan Am Airways with their Pan Am #103 over Lockerbie. They were all done after that. Can't recoup, good name lost. All done. and it was the most prestigious airlines in America at that time.

PS: just reminiscing here. Anyone remember the shuttle craft going to the moon in "2001, a Space Odyssey"?  That was a Pan Am craft. The computer on board HAL was IBM but IBM backed out when they found out that the computer was going to kill, so the author moved all letters by 1 place back. I -> H, B -> A  M -> L.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I'm not sure if I am mixing this up with another hijacking, but is this the one where they blew up the B747 on the tarmac?

If so, it explains why TWA went belly up, just like Pan Am Airways with their Pan Am #103 over Lockerbie. They were all done after that. Can't recoup, good name lost. All done. and it was the most prestigious airlines in America at that time.

PS: just reminiscing here. Anyone remember the shuttle craft going to the moon in "2001, a Space Odyssey"?  That was a Pan Am craft. The computer on board HAL was IBM but IBM backed out when they found out that the computer was going to kill, so the author moved all letters by 1 place back. I -> H, B -> A  M -> L.

Well that's interesting but I always assumed that HAL stood for Hardware Abstraction Layer.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year

The movie Delta Force starring Chuck Norris was loosely based on this event.