Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eating meat ‘could be banned like smoking’

Still Waters

Good luck with that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'm calling for a breathing tax on Politicians first... 

~

notworthy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Now here is some info from a few years back.

https://www.itv.com/news/central/2015-06-02/firm-fined-16-000-for-using-chicken-in-lamb-kebabs/

Ever wondered why it is lambs being stolen and not pigs or chickens?

Now since the trading standards have been on to the chicken/lamb scandal, what is the cheapest way to get lamb?

STEAL IT. 

Come on veggies, get into the fields and do something useful. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm guessing Michael Mansfield QC is a Tory agent planted to make the Labour party look like a bunch of radical hippy loonies. 

Even more than usual I mean. 

• Like 9

The best way to save the planet would be to ban politicians and other egotistical morons like Mansfield.  *snip*

Edited by rashore
3n
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Still Waters said:

One of Britain’s best known barristers will tell the Labour Party conference that eating meat could be banned like smoking, it has been reported.

Michael Mansfield QC, a self-described “radical lawyer” who has worked on some of the UK’s most high-profile court cases, will call for the crime of “ecocide” to be introduced.

He is set to give a speech today launching the Vegan Now campaign at the party’s conference in Brighton.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/eating-meat-banned-smoking-barrister-labour-party-conference-065154301.html

I think he is misguided.  Is plastic illegal in the UK yet?  That seems to be a good place to start if you want to create the term "ecocide".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think he is misguided.  Is plastic illegal in the UK yet?  That seems to be a good place to start if you want to create the term "ecocide".

There are a few bans, like straws (woop woop). Plastic bags are dwindling, but still.out there.

Like the packaging used by suppliers. All well and good the supermarkets cutting plastics, but if the suppliers are not cutting down then the plastic is still getting in. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49674153

Problem is, we can make bans, but all suppliers, here and overseas have to follow the rules.

No use delivering the goods to the UK in plastic if we are the ones who then have to get rid of it. Get rid of plastic packaging globally.

• Like 3

Passing laws that empower government to control citizens more and more seems to be a reflex for politicians.  In America it is predominantly from the Progressive Left but so-called Conservatives get on the train at times.  I think it's going to end badly sooner rather than later.

• Like 3

Interesting fact, a plant based diet can be even worse for the environment than an omnivorous one. We need a lot more plants by volume to get the same calories which means a lot more land clearance. Plus the kind of vegetables vegans seem to be obsessed with don't tend to grow too well here so you've got the transport pollution too. 

Unless this lawyer plans to live on carrots and cabbage? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

One of Britain’s best known barristers will tell the Labour Party conference that eating meat could be banned like smoking, it has been reported.

Michael Mansfield QC, a self-described “radical lawyer” who has worked on some of the UK’s most high-profile court cases, will call for the crime of “ecocide” to be introduced.

He is set to give a speech today launching the Vegan Now campaign at the party’s conference in Brighton.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/eating-meat-banned-smoking-barrister-labour-party-conference-065154301.html

They've also promised a 4 day working week, and to abolish private schools. Thing is, you can promise almost anything when you know you'll never be voted into government.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

They've also promised a 4 day working week, and to abolish private schools. Thing is, you can promise almost anything when you know you'll never be voted into government.

I did enjoy that the 4 day week is to be introduced within a decade. So longer than a government is in power for... 

However, just to be clear, Labour is not proposing a ban on meat. Just a speaker at a campaign event. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Still Waters said:

If they ban meat then thats the final straw for me.

I will emigrate.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Setton said:

Interesting fact, a plant based diet can be even worse for the environment than an omnivorous one. We need a lot more plants by volume to get the same calories which means a lot more land clearance. Plus the kind of vegetables vegans seem to be obsessed with don't tend to grow too well here so you've got the transport pollution too. 

Unless this lawyer plans to live on carrots and cabbage? 

I simply wouldnt be able to function on a plant based diet.

A day in I would have craving, panic attacks for meat, moodiness, and the general feeling I`m malnourished.

• Like 3

Biggest cause of tropical deforestation?  Soya and palm oil

I prefer home bred meat :)  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Setton said:

I did enjoy that the 4 day week is to be introduced within a decade. So longer than a government is in power for... 

However, just to be clear, Labour is not proposing a ban on meat. Just a speaker at a campaign event. 

If I had to work a 4 day week I'd go bust .....  Labour doesnt work  ;)  

• Like 1

Cows, therefore grassing herbivores, are one of the main causes of global warming so when the vast herds of Buffalo that stretch from horizon to horizon on the grass lands of north America were nearly made extinct this was a good thing? do we need to look at doing something about the vast herds of Wildebeest and other grazers, on the Serengeti, Maasai Mara, etc, the Maasai who live nearly entirely off their cows must individually be the biggest culprits, do we need to make them illegal? you won't hear this speech at the Labour (nut case) conference.  

• Like 3

I doubt very much that the way things currently stand, eating meat will become illegal anytime soon. It should be a gradual process of humanity finally coming to it's senses before such a law is enforced. I think his views are correct. It would be a massive step in the right direction for the planet itself [the very thing sustaining us(!)], the physical health [and mental health] of the meat eating individual him/herself, and not to mention, for the millions of animals being exploited, abused and killed every day. The world would stand a far better chance if peoples mindsets changed toward care and compassion in all these respects. It's really not rocket science.

"Ecocide" - yes, I like that. Planetary murder and self genocide, sure.  

Go vegan boys and girls - it's for the best.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Cows, therefore grassing herbivores, are one of the main causes of global warming so when the vast herds of Buffalo that stretch from horizon to horizon on the grass lands of north America were nearly made extinct this was a good thing? do we need to look at doing something about the vast herds of Wildebeest and other grazers, on the Serengeti, Maasai Mara, etc, the Maasai who live nearly entirely off their cows must individually be the biggest culprits, do we need to make them illegal? you won't hear this speech at the Labour (nut case) conference.  

No, it's more deforestation, the forests being cut down, burned, at a shocking rate daily to make way for cattle farms, that needs to be made illegal. You will hear that argument.

• Like 1

If I had to work a 4 day week I'd go bust

Same here - when I work I'm on an hourly rate, signed the European Working Hours directive opt-out which meant I could work the distance. 

Labour doesnt work

Labour used to be that way - don't know if they are any more. ie if you don't work you don't get anything ie welfare.

That's why the Muslims have Halal meat and the Jews Kocher, so that the Satanists can't ban it. So we need a British term for 'right meat'.

Edited by ethereal_scout

4 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

Same here - when I work I'm on an hourly rate, signed the European Working Hours directive opt-out which meant I could work the distance. 

Labour used to be that way - don't know if they are any more. ie if you don't work you don't get anything ie welfare.

That's why the Muslims have Halal meat and the Jews Kocher, so that the Satanists can't ban it. So we need a British term for 'right meat'.

Fish and chips?

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked