Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eating meat ‘could be banned like smoking’

Still Waters

5 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

No, it's more deforestation, the forests being cut down, burned, at a shocking rate daily to make way for cattle farms, that needs to be made illegal. You will hear that argument.

That's not why Indonesia is burning ;)    We should ban palm oil first!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Essan said:

If I had to work a 4 day week I'd go bust .....  Labour doesnt work  ;)  

They are proposing the same money, just for fewer hours worked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

I doubt very much that the way things currently stand, eating meat will become illegal anytime soon. It should be a gradual process of humanity finally coming to it's senses before such a law is enforced. I think his views are correct. It would be a massive step in the right direction for the planet itself [the very thing sustaining us(!)], the physical health [and mental health] of the meat eating individual him/herself, and not to mention, for the millions of animals being exploited, abused and killed every day. The world would stand a far better chance if peoples mindsets changed toward care and compassion in all these respects. It's really not rocket science.

"Ecocide" - yes, I like that. Planetary murder and self genocide, sure.  

Go vegan boys and girls - it's for the best.

No, eating meat is needed for for an healthy mind and body any lifestyle that requires a chemist to achieve this is perverse,  i do care and have compassion for animals, we'd have never evolved into humans without eating meat.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Essan said:

That's not why Indonesia is burning ;)    We should ban palm oil first!

There's a number of reasons for massive deforestation in Indonesia; palm oil plantations, logging, farming, mining, etc. But, yes, it's irresponsible and should be stopped. Not the least reason being to save the animals natural habitats. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

No, it's more deforestation, the forests being cut down, burned, at a shocking rate daily to make way for cattle farms, that needs to be made illegal. You will hear that argument.

No, they claim it's both.

Eating lamb chops that come from a farm a few miles down the road is much better for the environment than eating an avocado that has travelled from the other side of the world.

Take avocados and quinoa, whose prices have been pushed up so much by Western demand that they’ve become unaffordable to those who depend on them in their country of origin.

Now, Mexico makes more money from exporting the stoned fruit than it does from petroleum, and it has become a driving force in illegal deforestation to make way for planting more avocado trees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/veganism-environment-veganuary-friendly-food-diet-damage-hodmedods-protein-crops-jack-monroe-a8177541.html

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

No, eating meat is needed for for an healthy mind and body any lifestyle that requires a chemist to achieve this is perverse,  i do care and have compassion for animals, we'd have never evolved into humans without eating meat.

No, it's a myth that you need to eat animals for a healthy lifestyle - just ask any nutritionist, doctor, or any of the millions of vegan/vegetarians functioning perfectly well worldwide. A vegan lifestyle is only 'perverse' as you put it, to the mind, the culture, conditioned to the destruction of animals as being tolerable and okay. But it's not okay. 

Everyone says, "I care for the animals" "I love the animals" and "I would never hurt the animals". Well, if you truly mean it, you should stop eating them and buying things that have animals in them.

You can do it, friend. For the animals! For Mother Earth!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

No, they claim it's both.

Eating lamb chops that come from a farm a few miles down the road is much better for the environment than eating an avocado that has travelled from the other side of the world.

Take avocados and quinoa, whose prices have been pushed up so much by Western demand that they’ve become unaffordable to those who depend on them in their country of origin.

Now, Mexico makes more money from exporting the stoned fruit than it does from petroleum, and it has become a driving force in illegal deforestation to make way for planting more avocado trees.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/veganism-environment-veganuary-friendly-food-diet-damage-hodmedods-protein-crops-jack-monroe-a8177541.html

Yup, it's all pretty messed up, but of course, it pays to know where your food comes from. I don't eat lamb chops at all as farming animals should stop, period. 

43 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

No, it's a myth that you need to eat animals for a healthy lifestyle - just ask any nutritionist, doctor, or any of the millions of vegan/vegetarians functioning perfectly well worldwide. A vegan lifestyle is only 'perverse' as you put it, to the mind, the culture, conditioned to the destruction of animals as being tolerable and okay. But it's not okay. 

Everyone says, "I care for the animals" "I love the animals" and "I would never hurt the animals". Well, if you truly mean it, you should stop eating them and buying things that have animals in them.

You can do it, friend. For the animals! For Mother Earth!

I like to live as nature intended, all vegans (you can be cured of this phobia) claim to love animals but most do sweet F,A about it, the vast majority get over the fad and come back to nature, i shot a mink this week and have been cleaning weed from a clogged pond and stream, which as done far more good that you moaning on here and flying food around the world.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:
52 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Yup, it's all pretty messed up

Well stop doing it then.

53 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

I don't eat lamb chops at all

Eat the chops, save the planet you, can do it. 

• Like 2

@hetrodoxly

Stop doing what? Eating vegetables? Haha. Your idea of contributing to a better planet is just to make yourself 'sound right' on a website, when your actions show you're not. Eating meat is harmful in many ways, not the least of which to the animals themselves. But you care more about your taste buds over a life, right? Yes, I'm right. One day you'll wake up - hopefully.

Stop destroying the animals and our planet.

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

I like to live as nature intended, all vegans (you can be cured of this phobia) claim to love animals but most do sweet F,A about it, the vast majority get over the fad and come back to nature, i shot a mink this week and have been cleaning weed from a clogged pond and stream, which as done far more good that you moaning on here and flying food around the world.

Oh, you shoot and kill the animals too! Haha! Wow, you really do have a caring heart don't you. Such good you do for the animals.

Just now, zygote_myles said:

Oh, you shoot and kill the animals too! Haha! Wow, you really do have a caring heart don't you. Such good you do for the animals.

So your saying it is evil to eat meat? 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

So your saying it is evil to eat meat? 

I used to eat meat and I felt I was committing an 'evil', yes. You can call it what you like. But it's not really about the label, it's about the reality. It's wrong to bring suffering onto the animals the way we do. We don't have a right to take their lives from them, we just think we do. And it's not beneficial to destroy our planet either. Those are realities.

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

From reading this thread, is it any wonder why people dislike vegans? 

Good. Carry on living in your little dreamworld. Sorry [not] for the inconvenience of showing you how you're killing the planet little XenoFish. 

Good. Carry on living in your little dreamworld. Sorry [not] for the inconvenience of showing you how you're killing the planet little XenoFish. 

It's doomed anyway. If you want to end world hunger, tell everyone to grow a garden. If people wish to eat dead animals by what authority do you have the right to tell them not to? 

• Like 2

Just now, XenoFish said:

It's doomed anyway. If you want to end world hunger, tell everyone to grow a garden. If people wish to eat dead animals by what authority do you have the right to tell them not to? 

The same authority you give yourself every time you post your view anywhere. 

The same authority you give yourself every time you post your view anywhere. 

And by that same authority I deem your view invalid. Does that change anything? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

And by that same authority I deem your view invalid. Does that change anything? 

Well, you're too far gone to change, going by what I've read of yours, haha. 

But yes, I do think things can change by expressing a viewpoint. It's the only way things begin to change.

8 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

But yes, I do think things can change by expressing a viewpoint. It's the only way things begin to change.

Perhaps you're just as 'far gone' as everyone else. 

• Like 1

Here's the thing. Even the vegans are killing other life forms. Plants are living. Animals, including insects do eat plants. Tons of toxic chemicals are dumped on those very same plants, killing those creature just so a vegan can enjoy their soy latte. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

I used to eat meat and I felt I was committing an 'evil', yes. You can call it what you like. But it's not really about the label, it's about the reality. It's wrong to bring suffering onto the animals the way we do. We don't have a right to take their lives from them, we just think we do. 

The reality is that we are omnivorous. Do you consider lions, hawks or other carnivores more evil than us for subsisting entirely on meat? 

Most abattoirs offer far less suffering or fear than death in nature. 

Who attributes rights? Do some species have the right to live as their genetic makeup demands? 

Isn't vegan a label? 

There's nothing wrong with making a choice. But I firmly believe it is wrong to force one's personal choices on another. 

11 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

And it's not beneficial to destroy our planet either. Those are realities.

Because that can't happen in nature? Who do we blame for the runaway global warming on Venus? 

Nature will do what it will do. If we go to far, it will let us know ruthlessly, and then go back to doing what it is doing. The harm will be to us. Not the planet. Our mark will last longer on the moon than it would on earth should we dissappear tomorrow. Your trying to guilt shame others, and that's manipulative and IMHO wrong, if that's your choice, more power to you, but no need to be a self righteous dick about it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Leading by example is more respectable than forcing your view. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked