Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eating meat ‘could be banned like smoking’

Still Waters

Just now, openozy said:

Probably because of the lack of protein in your brain.

Yes, the old 'where will I get my poor old protein from' angle. Plenty of nuts and beans, legumes, etc. Not a problem, it's all good.

1 minute ago, zygote_myles said:

Yes, the old 'where will I get my poor old protein from' angle. Plenty of nuts and beans, legumes, etc. Not a problem, it's all good.

Read Xeno's Bloody vegan hands.Your ideas are crap.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, zygote_myles said:

Well, it's not about 'we' it's about 'you' - the individual. You said we can all make a difference and change begins with us - and that's very true LightAngel. I believe in you!! :)

Well. :D

Then believe me when I tell you this.

Stop preaching because you can only change you.

The best creature will win in the end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@XenoFish @openozy

It's all pro meat industry, pro killing the animals propaganda. There's nothing you can do to make me see your foolishness as anything other than that. 

Listen, I know letting go of your meat eating ways is a scary thought - a terrifying thought actually  - but you can do it, believe me. Believe in yourself!

4 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

Well. :D

Then believe me when I tell you this.

Stop preaching because you can only change you.

The best creature will win in the end.

If preaching is how you see it, well, I'll never stop preaching on behalf of the animals who have no voice. Who can't say 'no, please don't kill me' and who can't say 'please stop abusing me'. It's not us against them. We're all here together.

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

If preaching is how you see it, well, I'll never stop preaching on behalf of the animals who have no voice. Who can't say 'no, please don't kill me' and who can't say 'please stop abusing me'. It's not us against them. We're all here together.

Thank you.

And I feel much the same about plants.  Indeed, it makes me a real vegan.  I beieve in vegetable rights.   I eat animals - as many as I can - to help save plants from being viciously eaten alive :) 

(And also because there is no foodstuff in the universe tastier than juicy, tender, raw steak :D )

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, zygote_myles said:

Thank you.

I guess I have to repeat myself here!

We all have our own "language" here.

So............ stop preaching because you are wasting your time because the only ones who will ever understand you is the ones who "speak" your "language".

Do you get my point now?!

Live and let live - and let the best creature win!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

@XenoFish @openozy

It's all pro meat industry, pro killing the animals propaganda. There's nothing you can do to make me see your foolishness as anything other than that. 

Listen, I know letting go of your meat eating ways is a scary thought - a terrifying thought actually  - but you can do it, believe me. Believe in yourself!

You do know preaching is against forum rules right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The preaching is what annoys everyone,who cares who eats what?Only the bored or boring.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Preaching religion probably is, yes. I'm just responding to replies to my comments in a way I deem appropriate - just like everybody else. It's a thread about veganism remember. 

15 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

It's all pro meat industry, pro killing the animals propaganda

Do you have pets zygote?

Edited by openozy

Preaching religion probably is, yes. I'm just responding to replies to my comments in a way I deem appropriate - just like everybody else. It's a thread about veganism remember. 

No, I'm quite sure you're preaching vegan superiority. How much more morally correct you are than all those pitiful primitive meat eaters. You've even chosen willful ignorance that shows veganism isn't all that environmental friendly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Do you have pets zygote?

Nope, I have a little cactus, though. I sort of considerate a pet. Had it for about ten years I think.

Why do you ask?

Nope, I have a little cactus, though. I sort of considerate a pet. Had it for about ten years I think.

Why do you ask?

Just wondering what you would feed your dog or cat.

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

No, I'm quite sure you're preaching vegan superiority. How much more morally correct you are than all those pitiful primitive meat eaters. You've even chosen willful ignorance that shows veganism isn't all that environmental friendly. 

Okay, whatever. But it will be a happy day when eating meat finally becomes banned. A very happy day indeed. 

3 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Okay, whatever. But it will be a happy day when eating meat finally becomes banned. A very happy day indeed. 

Your on the wrong planet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, openozy said:

Just wondering what you would feed your dog or cat.

I've thought about that, and if for some reason I decided to have a cat or dog, there are good meat free alternatives for them. I'd have to buy something along those lines. Make sure the pet enjoyed eating it and remains healthy the whole time as well. But right now, no pets for me. 

55 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

@psyche101

To answer some of the points you made:

• I'm no more 'forcing my view' than you are. We're just talking. Sorry you feel attacked, not.

I'm not seeing it that way when you are outright trying to guilt shame people, going on about the planet and pain to animals. That's playing on emotion. Perhaps you don't realise that you are doing that. Perhaps that what actually converted you. I don't know but I don't find it an ethical or moral approach. 

Like I say. If your choice works for you, more power to you. No judgement on your choice, but your attitude speaks for itself. I mean what's next. You drive a Prius right? 

• People being 'omnivorous' is simply a choice just as being 'vegan' is a choice. Don't worry about the semantics so much as the practicalities.

We wouldn't actually be the species we are if we had not included meat in our diet. It's a part of put genes and history, so it's naturally going to appeal to many. 

Ever heard of Marissa Landrigan? She stopped eating meat for ethical reasons, and then started eating meat again for ethical reasons. She uncovered that strawberries could be grown with chemicals that endangered the environment and the people who worked the fields, and as others have pointed out, demand for quinoa led to overproduction and unstable crop prices for Peruvian farmers. Avocados are associated with drug cartels and deforestation in Mexico, the Vietnamese nut industry has been accused of producing “blood cashews,” forcing drug addicts to shell the nuts through treatment centres doubling as labour camps. Soy crops — though mostly used for animal and chicken feed — have been linked to destruction of the Amazon rainforest.

You might want to get of that high horse now. 

https://www.thestar.com/life/2017/04/10/why-eating-vegetarian-may-not-be-the-most-ethical-diet.html

• As for the animals, let them live freely in the wild where they belong. Let them make their own way in their world without us exploiting and abusing them, destroying their habitats. If anything, due to the kind of animal we are, we should protect them in every way.

What makes you think there's anything natural about that? What makes you think animals respect each other, or the planet? 

• 'Vegan' is a label, yes. It tells you something about the persons values. It's all choices, remember that.

It tells others one has made a choice and likely for one of various reasons.

Thats all. Your perception appears inflated. 

It's not entitlement to instant respect. Just as in any other aspect of life, that still has to b earned.ike I said, the example matters. Being a self righteous dick isn't a good example. 

Just sayin. 

• And forget about 'who attributes rights' and who doesn't, it doesn't mean anything when it comes to your actions in this world. The actions make a difference one way or the other.

Why should I forget that? That makes no sense. 

You're just dodging my questions. Simple fact is, what the species is doing right now is actually how nature intended it, as hard as that may be to believe for some. Nature puts us in a race for top predator. Thats just how life works, well beyond our little ideas about the world. This is what top predator does. If we hadn't made it, possibly Neanderthal man or Denisovians might have, could have been one of many options. Nature has been heading toward what we are today for millions of years. 

Its not up to us to protect animals, but some of us do. We are the first species ever to care. Not all of us granted, but stereotyping the entire species as the worst we can portray is just emotional manipulation. 

• And look at the world - it's not doing very is it. Because of us, not the lions or the orangutans.

Do they care if they eat a plant or species into extinction? 

Like I say, the world doesn't care. If we go too far it will wipe us out and go back to how it's been for the majority of its existence. Its fine. 

Just be practical psyche101. Don't get lost in your head all the time.

How about you go first huh? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

it will be a happy day when eating meat finally becomes banned. A very happy day indeed. 

That won't remove the wickedness!

The best day will be the day when truth wins.

And the truth can only win when we have 100% freedom - and I'm talking about all kinds of freedom!

Please understand that you are a part of the problem if you don't understand that humans are just another animal.

If you "hate" humans, then you hate all animals - if you want the best creature to win - then there is only one way....

Live and let live.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

How about you go first huh? 

No, it's okay mate. You've had your say, I've had mine. I'm absolutely set in my ways about this so, yeah.

Might chill on some other UM topics for a while. Cheers.

8 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

I've thought about that, and if for some reason I decided to have a cat or dog, there are good meat free alternatives for them. I'd have to buy something along those lines. Make sure the pet enjoyed eating it and remains healthy the whole time as well. But right now, no pets for me. 

If you fed my old pig dog in my avatar a meat free diet, I'd give you three days before you lost a limb so stick to the cacti.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

Those 'alternative' end up killing the pet. 

• Like 1

@LightAngel

Yes, LightAngel, I like your wisdom. Your insight.

But I just want to say one thing my dear, and it's something quoted a lot. It's: 'with great freedom comes great responsibility.' 

Thank you.

I'ma chill on some other topics for a while now.

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked