Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eating meat ‘could be banned like smoking’

Still Waters

6 minutes ago, openozy said:

If you fed my old pig dog in my avatar a meat free diet, I'd give you three days before you lost a limb so stick to the cacti.

I doubt that. Why? Did you breed it to be violent? An aggressive animal? That's the abuse of animals I'm talking about.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

@LightAngel

Yes, LightAngel, I like your wisdom. Your insight.

But I just want to say one thing my dear, and it's something quoted a lot. It's: 'with great freedom comes great responsibility.' 

Thank you.

I'ma chill on some other topics for a while now.

Good idea.

Because this topic is going around in the same circle now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, zygote_myles said:

No, it's okay mate. You've had your say, I've had mine. I'm absolutely set in my ways about this so, yeah.

I'm not at all interested in changing your ways. 

Might chill on some other UM topics for a while. Cheers.

Being 'chill' would be a good start. I don't often agree with LightAngel but I think I'm on the same page today. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LightAngel said:

Good idea.

Because this topic is going around in the same circle now.

With all due respect I feel I made some valid points that were brushed off. 

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm not at all interested in changing your ways. 

Being 'chill' would be a good start. I don't often agree with LightAngel but I think I'm on the same page today. 

You would agree more with me if you found your own proof about the afterlife!

Ok, I will behave. :D

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Oh, you shoot and kill the animals too! Haha! Wow, you really do have a caring heart don't you. Such good you do for the animals.

Yes i do, the greatest crime committed to British wildlife was when idiots like yourself released mink into the wild, it caused devastation the water vole nearly went extinct, if it wasn't for like minded people like me it would be extinct, but you 'The Animal Lover' should know these things, the last thing wildlife needs is bleeding heart idiots. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LightAngel said:

You would agree more with me if you found your own proof about the afterlife!

Ok, I will behave. :D

You're not the first one to say that. Someone very dear to me often says the very same :)

Haven't seen anything yet, but if I do, you'll be the first to know. :tu:

Well, second probably :lol:

I just can't unsee the science. And I've no good reason to doubt it. Just my path I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Good. Carry on living in your little dreamworld. Sorry [not] for the inconvenience of showing you how you're killing the planet little XenoFish. 

Is it possible to kill people by crushing the life spirit out of them with unbearable self-righteousness? You and Saint Greta sound like you're soulmates. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Is it possible to kill people by crushing the life spirit out of them with unbearable self-righteousness

Hmm...

Many people do that - just read the news or people's thoughts.

People kill each others happiness with their negativity most of all.

If you don't want to do that, then there is only one way.

Let people be people (live and let live).

The best one will win in the end (sorry to repeat myself here).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zygote_myles said:

I've thought about that, and if for some reason I decided to have a cat or dog, there are good meat free alternatives for them. I'd have to buy something along those lines. Make sure the pet enjoyed eating it and remains healthy the whole time as well. But right now, no pets for me. 

There are no meat free alternatives for cats. Trying to feed a cat a vegan diet is a sure way to make them unhealthy. And it's really particularly cruel, to give an animal food that it can't process correctly or doesn't meet it's dietary needs so it starves even while it's eating. It about compares to force feeding an herbivore meat products, like if you were feeding a cow with chicken parts. Dogs can survive better on vegan diets, but it's still cruel to force an animal to feed according to your morals instead of their nature. Please, if you ever want a pet, just get one that is supposed to have a vegan diet, like an iguana or a rabbit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

A vegan activist said she was attacked after rescuing 16 rabbits from a farm, but she may have caused the deaths of nearly 100 bunnies.

A vegan activist who said she was attacked after rescuing 16 rabbits from a farm may have caused the deaths of nearly 100 bunnies, according to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia.

The Barcelona-based activist, who goes by the name "Mythical Mia" on social media, took the rabbits from a farm in the Osona region of Catalonia, in northwest Spain, on September 1.

She said on Instagram, where she has 40,000 followers, that a farmer attacked her and other activists when they tried to release dozens of rabbits from his property, and even shot at their car while they were driving away, though police disputed that claim.

cont...

https://www.insider.com/vegan-activist-mythical-mia-rescued-rabbits-caused-deaths-of-90-2019-9

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Michelle said:

A vegan activist said she was attacked after rescuing 16 rabbits from a farm, but she may have caused the deaths of nearly 100 bunnies.

A vegan activist who said she was attacked after rescuing 16 rabbits from a farm may have caused the deaths of nearly 100 bunnies, according to the Spanish newspaper La Vanguardia.

The Barcelona-based activist, who goes by the name "Mythical Mia" on social media, took the rabbits from a farm in the Osona region of Catalonia, in northwest Spain, on September 1.

Of all the things one could do to spread the gospel of Veganism in a positive way, stealing just 16 rabbits from a farmer is her big plan?

She said on Instagram, where she has 40,000 followers, that a farmer attacked her and other activists when they tried to release dozens of rabbits from his property, and even shot at their car while they were driving away, though police disputed that claim.

That explains everything. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, rashore said:

There are no meat free alternatives for cats. Trying to feed a cat a vegan diet is a sure way to make them unhealthy. And it's really particularly cruel, to give an animal food that it can't process correctly or doesn't meet it's dietary needs so it starves even while it's eating. It about compares to force feeding an herbivore meat products, like if you were feeding a cow with chicken parts. Dogs can survive better on vegan diets, but it's still cruel to force an animal to feed according to your morals instead of their nature. Please, if you ever want a pet, just get one that is supposed to have a vegan diet, like an iguana or a rabbit.

Dogs are omnivore's like humans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Actually, dogs do not do well on vegan diets.  They need meat and they cannot digest grains.  They can eat fruit and some vegetables and need some but they still need mostly meat to be healthy.  I agree, no cat could survive very long on a vegan diet and people who have cats need to read the label of the cat food because now days Peas and legumes are in almost every brand and those cause nervous system issues in cats.  It is a cheap filler but like soy in dog food it is toxic to the animal.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Actually, dogs do not do well on vegan diets.  They need meat and they cannot digest grains.  They can eat fruit and some vegetables and need some but they still need mostly meat to be healthy.  I agree, no cat could survive very long on a vegan diet and people who have cats need to read the label of the cat food because now days Peas and legumes are in almost every brand and those cause nervous system issues in cats.  It is a cheap filler but like soy in dog food it is toxic to the animal.

Heh, I didn't say do well.. I said survive better. Cats really can't vegan, and by comparison a dog can survive better. Still, I think we can agree that if a person wants a vegan pet, they should not get a cat or a dog, because neither are herbivores. I personally think treating such animals like herbivores kind of goes against the whole notion of being good to/causing no harm to animals part of veganism.

Though that does lead a bit back to the OP. If human consumption of meat were banned, where would that then leave owners of pets that require meat in their diets? Or places like zoos that have carnivores, omnivores, and herbivores?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

Well, if you truly mean it, you should stop eating them and buying things that have animals in them.

Let me ask... do you own or drive a car?  With leather seats or steering wheel?

Do you wear shoes, boots or sneakers? Made of leather? Or a belt even? Do you have a wallet? 

You'd be very hard pushed to get by in day to day life without using things that don't come from animals. Soap, candles, lipstick, crayons and plastic bags can all contain tallow and that list goes on and on. And on.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Let me ask... do you own or drive a car?  With leather seats or steering wheel?

Do you wear shoes, boots or sneakers? Made of leather? Or a belt even? Do you have a wallet? 

You'd be very hard pushed to get by in day to day life without using things that don't come from animals. Soap, candles, lipstick, crayons and plastic bags can all contain tallow and that list goes on and on. And on.

Jello, don't forget Jello.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, zygote_myles said:

I used to eat meat and I felt I was committing an 'evil', yes. You can call it what you like. But it's not really about the label, it's about the reality. It's wrong to bring suffering onto the animals the way we do. We don't have a right to take their lives from them, we just think we do. And it's not beneficial to destroy our planet either. Those are realities.

So nature is also evil by this logic.

• Like 1

These are the same people warning us to cut down on meat consumption for the planet. 10,500 steaks...

Steak, beer and politics: 2020 Democrats descend on Iowa

Democratic presidential candidates made a colorful and often loud pitch to Iowa Democrats at the Steak Fry fundraiser in Des Moines on Saturday as a new poll showed Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden in a close race in the state.

cont...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/steak-beer-and-politics-2020-democrats-descend-on-iowa/ar-AAHBM9v#page=2

• Like 2

The “action levels” sets by the FDA are for maximum insect contamination, so you ultimately ingest less than these limits. Nevertheless, bugs are making it into your gut whether you see them or not. Layla Eplett over at the Scientific American Guest Blog estimates that “an individual probably ingests about one to two pounds of flies, maggots and other bugs each year without even knowing it.”

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/but-not-simpler/i-hate-to-break-it-to-you-but-you-already-eat-bugs/

SO...unless you grow, pick and process ALL your own fruit and veggies, you have eaten bugs.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, glorybebe said:

“an individual probably ingests about one to two pounds of flies, maggots and other bugs each year without even knowing it.”

mmm, crunchy.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Why does the vegan alternatives to meat try to taste like meat? 

IF we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, openozy said:

If you fed my old pig dog in my avatar a meat free diet, I'd give you three days before you lost a limb so stick to the cacti.

Our Bull Terrier would Kiwi Fruit

• The topic was locked