Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Annual Mothman festival in Point Pleasant

Recommended Posts

 
Desertrat56

Looks like fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
acute

Ah..... That's where all the Area 51 stormers went, then.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Quote

Thousands descended on the West Virginia town at the weekend to celebrate the world-famous monster

More than what turned up to the area 51 bash.

@acute

I had it in my head when I read the title.

Looks like the fake monsters are more popular than the fake aliens.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

i would love to go likely a hoot and a bit bigger than the zellwood corn festival

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highdesert50

Mothman does exist ... Greta Thunberg just descended upon the UN and reminded us what is at stake with the crisis of climate change.

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

I did not know that the mothman statue had arms. The original description of mothman did not include arms. That was a later addition to the form of mothman.

I seem to recall that one of the early witnesses changed over time from no arms to arms. I wonder if that is why the statue has arms.

 

Found a blog on that topic.

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/mothman18/

Edited by stereologist
info added

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bella-Angelique
20 hours ago, freetoroam said:

 

@acute

I had it in my head when I read the title.

Looks like the fake monsters are more popular than the fake aliens.

Have to admit the costumes are more based and have more variety.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
On 9/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, stereologist said:

I did not know that the mothman statue had arms. The original description of mothman did not include arms. That was a later addition to the form of mothman.

I seem to recall that one of the early witnesses changed over time from no arms to arms. I wonder if that is why the statue has arms.

 

Found a blog on that topic.

http://www.cryptozoonews.com/mothman18/

i was under the impression the artist felt arms, more human ish gave in to the scary alien myth folklore better, one has to keep in mind that even the late john keel who wrote the book that spring boared what wasnt a big story ( about like loveland frog, and you go huh? )

he even said when he was there he saw folklore in the making.

coming down to earth weeding out embellishments and attention seeking "me toos" bandwagon effect.

the orginal description which was from a few kids out joy riding partying aside of size was perfect for that of an angry owl

mothman.jpg.6b3d5ef711be71c7ff3e76dfe0faa064.jpg

images(52).jpg.09bb1a81fa89247921661cee678504b8.jpg

 

note that first drawing had the horns,

after it started sever others saw their "versions" ranging from large birds to gargoyle type creatures.

 

 

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

I would go for the food and entertainment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Caspian Hare

I have never seen Mothman in West Virginia.

I have seen Methman, however.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThereWeAreThen
11 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

I have never seen Mothman in West Virginia.

I have seen Methman, however.

No way!!! I've seen Methman all over South Wales! How can he be at some many places at once!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
XenoFish

The methman phenomena is real. Not sure about mothman, which has been oddly silent. Perhaps Mothman and Bigfoot finally eloped?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
On 9/24/2019 at 1:38 AM, UM-Bot said:

Thousands descended on the West Virginia town at the weekend to celebrate the world-famous monster

Don't forget the naphthalene.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

I would love something fun campy like this to be near me,

seems the flying hook was gonna try to do a lot lizard fest but it didnt pan out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I would love something fun campy like this to be near me,

seems the flying hook was gonna try to do a lot lizard fest but it didnt pan out.

Where do you live.  I thought every area had something like this once a year. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats

lol, i moved after 46 years in orlanduh to useless, um eustis, fl, the closest "fest" was really that zellwood corn festival, 

there might be a skunkape fest down south i better look into that.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.