Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

Greta Thunberg's speech

369 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

OverSword

So what are your reactions to this little girls speech in which she tearfully and furiously yells at members of the UN and at adults around the world collectively?  Sympathy?  Amusement?  Disgust?  Agreement?  Personally I find her contrived and I am sick thinking about the SJW parents that must have raised such a self important little twit.  I work next to City hall and every Friday this summer while school was out personally witnessed dozens of children and their activist parents stand outside of city hall with signs yelling at people about the environment and shaming the people that drive by for being in cars.  Now I agree we must all do what we can and especially our governments and big business, to be a eco friendly as possible, but these kids are brainwashed and ultimately in for a life time of anger and disappointment when the world doesn't do an instantaneous 180 degree turn.  

 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So what are your reactions to this little girls speech in which she tearfully and furiously yells at members of the UN and at adults around the world collectively?  Sympathy?  Amusement?  Disgust?  Agreement?  Personally I find her contrived and I am sick thinking about the SJW parents that must have raised such a self important little twit.  I work next to City hall and every Friday this summer while school was out personally witnessed dozens of children and their activist parents stand outside of city hall with signs yelling at people about the environment and shaming the people that drive by for being in cars.  Now I agree we must all do what we can and especially our governments and big business, to be a eco friendly as possible, but these kids are brainwashed and ultimately in for a life time of anger and disappointment when the world doesn't do an instantaneous 180 degree turn.  

 

I didnt appreciate the way she came across. She however has Asperger so her demeanor becomes understandable. Still isnt the face or tone I really want leading a movement.

I do think Trump exposed his soul and those of his followers by mocking her . My local fox station laughed and left the tweet on the screen while they chuckled so we could all appreciate the "sick burn" on a child.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I work next to City hall and every Friday this summer while school was out personally witnessed dozens of children and their activist parents stand outside of city hall with signs yelling at people about the environment and shaming the people that drive by for being in cars.

This was my childhood except we were protesting porn shops and adult movie theaters.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I didnt appreciate the way she came across. She however has Asperger so her demeanor becomes understandable. Still isnt the face or tone I really want leading a movement.

I do think Trump exposed his soul and those of his followers by mocking her . My local fox station laughed and left the tweet on the screen while they chuckled so we could all appreciate the "sick burn" on a child.

 

Almost like the left demonizing the hell out of a Catholic school boy who did nonething but stand silently while being harassed - Covington Cathelic highschool.

I actually recall you yourself stating multiple times that you wanted to punch that child's face. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

This was my childhood except we were protesting porn shops and adult movie theaters.

Which are gone but not from protesting.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aaron2016

Sad to see young children being manipulated and fed dogma just to gain political points.  She probably just wanted a Barbie doll and was given a Sindy doll by mistake.

 

A witty response from President Trump.   

trump1.png

 

 

Edited by Aaron2016
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Almost like the left demonizing the hell out of a Catholic school boy who did nonething but stand silently while being harassed. 

Setting the arguments about his actions aside how can you use "the left" to justify the bullying of a child by the most powerful man in the world?

Do you realize how broken you have to be to not see that behavior , from what is supposed to be the most respected office in the world, as a problem?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Setting the arguments about his actions aside how can you use "the left" to justify the bullying of a child by the most powerful man in the world?

Do you realize how broken you have to be to not see that behavior , from what is supposed to be the most respected office in the world, as a problem?

Not justifying it. I think it is gross to mock a child in both instances. 

Just showing you a mirror. 

You mentioned you wanted to punch a child for standing silently while being harassed . While you judge Trump for also mocking a child he disagrees with.

Pot/kettle/black.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I actually recall you yourself stating multiple times that you wanted to punch that child's face. 

Still do  it has nothing to do with politics. He just looks punchable in an Adam Schiff  - Pharma Bro kind of way.

Weirdly im also still not POTUS so its kind of not the same thing in the slightest.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, spartan max2 said:

While you judge Trump for also mocking a child he disagrees with.

See above ^ 

I judge Trump for using the most powerful office in the world to do it. Its really sickening you guys dont have the guts to do the same. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Still do  it has nothing to do with politics. He just looks punchable in an Adam Schiff  - Pharma Bro kind of way.

Weirdly im also still not POTUS so its kind of not the same thing in the slightest.

Mocking children is wrong only when you disagree with them. Got it.

Also she put herself in the public eye on purpose. The Cathelic kid just wanted to be left alone. 

Yep , it's bad of Trump to do. Just be aware you have done the same thing but worse. 

If this was a republican 16 year old who made a conservative speech at the U.N I doubt your reaction would be the same. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Socks Junior

She's pretty overwrought and angry.  Or, rather, has some pretty overwrought speechwriters.

I'm sure she's pretty wound-up about climate change, but it's a caricature at this point.  Talking about "stolen dreams" etcetera. - but hey, she's a kid.  Probably doesn't understand how it comes off.

Of course, her whole crusade doesn't really achieve much.  People who already understand the science know she's being overly dramatic, people who 'trust' science enjoy being condescended by a child prophet, people who don't understand the science (i.e. see conspiracy threads in the sub-forum) think that she's annoying and dramatic.

I personally don't get why people find it so influential and important - it's entirely manufactured.  I feel sorry for her.  Living your life in hopeless fear ain't a fun way to go through it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

See above ^ 

I judge Trump for using the most powerful office in the world to do it. Its really sickening you guys dont have the guts to do the same. 

But you have no problem with the sick adults using this child and creating an emotional wreck of a human being for the sake of propaganda?

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Yep , it's bad of Trump to do. Just be aware you have done the same thing but worse. 

No I havent. How is it you guys are missing this ???????

My posts on here dont get people death threats. Trumps tweets do. My posts on here dont cause a massive troll army to harass and intimidate whomever I insult. Trumps tweets do. My posts on here dont endanger anyone. Trump's tweets do.

There is a massive difference between the expectations, and the consequences of , behavior when youre a private citizen and when youre the most powerful man in the world.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

But you have no problem with the sick adults using this child and creating an emotional wreck of a human being for the sake of propaganda?

IDK the whole story. If shes a prodigy shes most likely driving the train herself  in that case of course I dont have a problem.

If your impression is true then of course I would have a problem.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc Socks Junior
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No I havent. How is it you guys are missing this ???????

My posts on here dont get people death threats. Trumps tweets do. My posts on here dont cause a massive troll army to harass and intimidate whomever I insult. Trumps tweets do. My posts on here dont endanger anyone. Trump's tweets do.

There is a massive difference between the expectations, and the consequences of , behavior when youre a private citizen and when youre the most powerful man in the world.

 

If Trump were to unironically tweet, "Good job, Greta, very cool!" there would still be harassment and intimidation.  Visible public figures experience that online.  Doesn't make it good, doesn't make it right...just a lot of sad angry people online.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Doc Socks Junior said:

If Trump were to unironically tweet, "Good job, Greta, very cool!" there would still be harassment and intimidation.  Visible public figures experience that online.  Doesn't make it good, doesn't make it right...just a lot of sad angry people online.

Exactly. I find the indifference to that reality (if we grant them the benefit of the doubt)  from Trump and company to be very frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

Emotion, disgusting!  A nice friendly speech with kudos and smiles would be so much better, it could be forgotten by today.

Besides, that much anger, frustration and feelings of world ending doom should be the sacred province of old white guys yelling at us because we can't see that assault rifles are the only thing that stands between civilization and chaos.

That  may be why some people cherish the unborn, they don't have opinions, they are not yet going through the painful process of coming to understand the world and themselves and evolving their beliefs.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

We did a lot of yelling, too, back in the 60s.  Didn't do much good.

Doug

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
2 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

We did a lot of yelling, too, back in the 60s.  Didn't do much good.

Doug

The hell it didnt.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
48 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK the whole story. If shes a prodigy shes most likely driving the train herself  in that case of course I dont have a problem.

If your impression is true then of course I would have a problem.

Here is a little tidbit and should really make us all question the wisdom of putting an emotionally unstable depressed child in the world spotlight all in order to bring attention to climate change:

Quote

 

The case of Greta Thunberg is even more egregious. Thunberg began suffering from depression as a child, by her own admission, in part because she learned about climate change at age eight. She was later diagnosed with autism and obsessive compulsive disorder and gradually became despondent as she obsessed over her fear of climate change. She developed mutism and an eating disorder so severe that she once went two months without food, and she stopped going to school. Her only sibling, a sister named Beata, also suffers from Asperger's and OCD, as well as ADHD.

Now tell me, does it seem healthy to place a child with this many mental illnesses under the spotlight of public scrutiny, with a sole focus on the very phenomenon and associated alarmism that triggered her in the first place?

 

link

Can we really expect to hear anything reasonable from such a mentally challenged child?  These parents need to re-prioritize an agenda and what's healthy and not healthy for their child.  Rather it seems this disturbed kid is running the parents.  They seem unfit from that POV IMO.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Farmer77 said:

The hell it didnt.

It was public opinion that won against Nam. If you supported the war you were voted out. 

and all those environmentally conscious hippies became yuppies who goose stepped right behind Reagan when he reversed all the progress Cater made. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
36 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Exactly. I find the indifference to that reality (if we grant them the benefit of the doubt)  from Trump and company to be very frustrating.

WHO GIVES A **** WHAT TRUMP SAYS?!?!?!?!  This thread or trumps thoughts about this child are not the subject of this thread.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Here is a little tidbit and should really make us all question the wisdom of putting an emotionally unstable depressed child in the world spotlight all in order to bring attention to climate change:

link

Can we really expect to hear anything reasonable from such a mentally challenged child?  These parents need to re-prioritize and agenda and what's healthy and not healthy for their child.  Rather it seems this disturbed jid is running the parents.  They seem unfit from that POV IMO.

You know I tend to cringe when I see "Washington Examiner" but that was a very well written article.

Based on the odd family history I wouldnt bet against this being their version of making their kid a "reality TV star".

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The hell it didnt.

Please elucidate.

Doug

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.