Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greta Thunberg's speech

OverSword

And don't forget Greta's soulmate, Occasional Cortez, with her passionate standing up in Congress to present her highly factual, rigorously scientific evidence that human life has only 10 years left on Planet Earth!! . The woman who's astonished and bemused by dishwashers. :mellow:

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Trump excluded himself from the equation a long time ago

...which is exactly why he needed to be addressed. He's the leader of the free world yet Greta didn't find that important while she had the stage? She was reciting a script that would be better received coming from a young girl than the people that wrote it for her. That's all this is. Push kids to the front of the crowd to push your agenda. Who would dare criticize an innocent little girl? 

She's the David Hogg of climate change. I've seen enough of these protests now to recognize astroturfing. 

Spoiler

"Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by grassroots participants."

This is fallout from Trump pulling out the Paris Climate Accord and a general desire all over the world to revisit the established "science" of climate change.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, third_eye said:

In your world, "mentally challenged" might be a term of endearment, you try calling your beloved leader that and see if it is not a bad, rude or untrue... 

I'll hold your beer for you... 

~

In my world saying someone is mentally challenged who has one or more diagnosed mental conditions is not an insult.  Is the truth impolite?  You're being a little sensitive.

You know, I know a man with autism and asperger and he is in many way a genius.  Very intelligent individual with a gift for computer programming.  His condition also makes it very difficult for him to interact normally with others.  He also is easily obsessed with racism (against white people) just the way Greta is obsessed with climate change. He is not normal he is by definitions challenged, and that is not a rude thing to say.

11 hours ago, third_eye said:

The kid was getting in your face? 

Sorry Duncan, I don't believe you have a face that fantastically large even if you want to believe that, what's wrong with just saying you disagree with her and leave it at that like a good believer in Christ that you always insists that you are, and please, enough with the claims to victimized whataboutism... 

~

Attend, please, there are huge numbers of people online saying exactly that.  She came across as an angry, petulant child demanding a new iPhone.  Whatever your other blathering was about, enjoy, fool.

13 hours ago, tmcom said:

have been waiting for this, and it happened sooner than l thought, since who can knock her when she crys about it? Pretty easy for me, as l will always be on the side of a freezing pensioner, dying in their cold houses, than this brainwashed brat.

Well from us freezing pensioners, thanks a lot.  It would have been nice to be concerned when the oil companies were jacking up the prices or the pharmaceutical companies making us choose between heat and drugs.  But those are harder targets than a slightly unbalanced teenage girl.

Tmcom, it is not the environment that is making our life difficult, it is the greed and ingratitude of the parties in power that determine who gets heat and who doesn't.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

And don't forget Greta's soulmate, Occasional Cortez, with her passionate standing up in Congress to present her highly factual, rigorously scientific evidence that human life has only 10 years left on Planet Earth!! . The woman who's astonished and bemused by dishwashers. :mellow:

I think Greta was a little harsh on AOC too, they are not soulmates.  Her comments seemed to indicate that climate action SHOULD NOT be a political issue.   

That was both honest and realistic.  As long as climate change is seen as the province of ******* Democrats being all snoflakey and worried about the extinction of bees, what  tough minded Republican in office can afford to back it?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

At least get it right.  AOC took the point at which we reach 2C temperature rise (2026 - 2040), rounded it to 2030 and set some goals based on that.  She's right in that stopping warming will get much harder the longer we wait and especially after we reach 2C of warming.  Her resolution is not binding and it didn't pass anyway.  It was only a statement of the will of Cingress.  Apparently, Congress does not will it.

AND, we probably won't reach those goals, no matter what we do.  We'll need to add 180,000 wind turbines as an opner.  That is beyond our apacity at the moment (We have about 60,000 in operation.).  She is asking for too much too fast.  Besides, we don't have the technology to efficiently extract CO2 from the air, or to do anything with it once we have extracted it.  Her proposals are naive.

BUT:  By 2050 most of them could be achieved.  And by then, we should have the technology for efficient extraction and sequestration of CO2.  We CAN beat this thing.  All it takes is a little know-how and innovation.  This is America - innovation is what we do best.

Doug

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

This is fallout from Trump pulling out the Paris Climate Accord and a general desire all over the world to revisit the established "science" of climate change.

~

8 hours ago, OverSword said:

In my world saying someone is mentally challenged who has one or more diagnosed mental conditions is not an insult.  Is the truth impolite?  You're being a little sensitive.

You know, I know a man with autism and asperger and he is in many way a genius.  Very intelligent individual with a gift for computer programming.  His condition also makes it very difficult for him to interact normally with others.  He also is easily obsessed with racism (against white people) just the way Greta is obsessed with climate change. He is not normal he is by definitions challenged, and that is not a rude thing to say.

~

7 hours ago, and then said:

Attend, please, there are huge numbers of people online saying exactly that.  She came across as an angry, petulant child demanding a new iPhone.  Whatever your other blathering was about, enjoy, fool.

Sure, my good believer in Christ... you may stop foaming in the mouth now and smell the peaches 

~

Screenshot_2019_0926_093208.thumb.png.f5886b3ef62754633c64a4cabc4374b2.png

~

"A very happy young girl looking forward to a bright and wonderful future,"

:rolleyes:

~

Edited by third_eye
Addendum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@third_eye come on man, I’m not fox news. We’ll just have to disagree about my comments, although mine were really only critical of Greta’s parents and handlers not of the child. I love you regardless my brother.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

@third_eye come on man, I’m not fox news. We’ll just have to disagree about my comments, although mine were really only critical of Greta’s parents and handlers not of the child. I love you regardless my brother.

I get where you're coming from bruh, it's where you were heading that I was concerned with... 

*man hug*

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I get where you're coming from bruh, it's where you were heading that I was concerned with... 

*man hug*

~

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing with me, I live in seattle, most of my friends are liberal scum  :tu:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing with me, I live in seattle, most of my friends are liberal scum  :tu:

Oh please, let's not politicize my natural scumminess... chum

~

Edited by third_eye
android keyboard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Sure, my good believer in Christ... you may stop foaming in the mouth now and smell the peaches 

A Peach Tree branch would be more appropriate with some of the Jesus folk..........

preferably with the Great Chariot carved on it.....:whistle:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, joc said:

He wasn't mocking her...he was mocking the Left.  Hey...it is the Left that put a ten year old girl full of venom and hate on a world stage...not Trump.

Who teaches their children to hate?   That is what is sickening...

I wouldn't call the Grimaldi's left-wing

• Thanks 1

I know she didn't look well when she held her speech (She's got Aspergers syndrom ).I think the reason why some people dont like her is that she's saying things that does have some truth behind it.

There is Scientific facts about climate change and we need to start to change things in order for others to have a better future.

The problem is that even if we would stop polluting the earth today it would take more than hundred years to see the effects. 

Edited by Impedancer
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Yes, funny that she said, "she was joking about climate change" (don't look for it, she pulled it) and now she is on side again? Maybe she is joking again.

Sorry but she isn't crying, can't take her seriously!

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well from us freezing pensioners, thanks a lot.  It would have been nice to be concerned when the oil companies were jacking up the prices or the pharmaceutical companies making us choose between heat and drugs.  But those are harder targets than a slightly unbalanced teenage girl.

Tmcom, it is not the environment that is making our life difficult, it is the greed and ingratitude of the parties in power that determine who gets heat and who doesn't.

l have been trying to do something, but it is pretty hard to develop a Fission reactor in your basement, (l live in AU, so we don't have those).

And in the US, currency watering, is cuasing suffering, but l was coming more from  AU, where morons are intentionally closing down coal plants, for dodgy wind/solar, and causing a dramatic increase in power costs.

Or freezing in a house in winter, and power blackouts in summer.

Well, so far two brats have spit the dummy, and demanded action on something that doesn't exist. But Greta cried, so...

The faithful are listening to the utter BS about the world ending in ten years time, and are cracking it.

What is next,.....l expect Greta to be on the UN floor, crying and having a tantrum, or walking through the UN crowd, pointing at some politicains, saying, "you are killing me, murderers, baa, haa".

You may think that l am joking, give it time, when a cult loses its power and money, it goes nuts.

B)

Is Greta planning on going back home any time, or is she going to stay in the New York/Washington Media Bubble as the World's Leading Expert on Climate Change? She ought to hurry up if she';s going to sail back across the Atlantic single-handed. Sailing across the Atlantic in winter in a small sailing dinghy is not very much of a pleasure cruise. She might have to be rescued by ships and helicopters that use fossil fuels :( 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Is Greta planning on going back home any time, or is she going to stay in the New York/Washington Media Bubble as the World's Leading Expert on Climate Change?

Are you proposing to take her out sightseeing while she's there? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

We'll need to add 180,000 wind turbines as an opener.  That is beyond our capacity at the moment (We have about 60,000 in operation.). 

The need for additional 180k turbines also means there are thousands of jobs in the pipeline. To focus on this target would do much more to the US GNP, and the environment as well, than to stick to retro rubbish like coal and fracked oil/gas.

This is America - innovation is what we do best.

I back that but the moron blocks it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

I wouldn't call the Grimaldi's left-wing

if the shoe fits....

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Royalty... pretty much the textbook right wing.

Thanks alot! :angry: Now I've got this stupid song stuck in my head...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Is Greta planning on going back home any time, or is she going to stay in the New York/Washington Media Bubble as the World's Leading Expert on Climate Change? She ought to hurry up if she';s going to sail back across the Atlantic single-handed. Sailing across the Atlantic in winter in a small sailing dinghy is not very much of a pleasure cruise. She might have to be rescued by ships and helicopters that use fossil fuels :( 

Lol, forget that, she will die in the ocean, than pollute the Earth, or tell the evil, navy to stick it. We can't have her contribute .000000000000001 CO2, to the Earth, (l just made that up) eventhough oceans emit about 90%, this crap....

I bet her film crew will take the plane, again, which l can agree with, somehow the thought of spending 2 weeks, on a boat without a kitchen or toilet, (buckets) instead of a few hours on a comfy plane and nice meal doesn't seem the same.

Our prime minister told her to calm down, and our columnists, told her, her parents need to grow up.

B)And Trump,.....probably wants to slap her, or her parents?

Edited by tmcom

1 hour ago, tmcom said:

on a boat without a kitchen or toilet, (buckets) 

:huh:

All boats that size have a head and a galley and that wonder toy has a full chefs galley and a full bath. 

• Like 2