Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Are conspiracy theories on the rise ?

26 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

sci-nerd

There are far too many people who'll believe the most far fetched, logically defiant, crazy ideas imaginably, if the video is good enough!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200

Have I misunderstood this article? It's supposed to be about conspiracy theories, implying they are false, then it features a whole list of facts.
The only slightly dodgy one is the one about vapour trails: there's NOTHING clandestine about it. It's a massive government programme that's been running since Elvis took over running NASA in 1985. NASA now stands for Neurotoxin And Soporific Administering Agency. Actually that's NASAA, but you get the idea. 'S true - Piney told me.

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
56 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

Have I misunderstood this article? It's supposed to be about conspiracy theories, implying they are false, then it features a whole list of facts.
The only slightly dodgy one is the one about vapour trails: there's NOTHING clandestine about it. It's a massive government programme that's been running since Elvis took over running NASA in 1985. NASA now stands for Neurotoxin And Soporific Administering Agency. Actually that's NASAA, but you get the idea. 'S true - Piney told me.

See! Your twisting the story. Bigfoot runs NASA and uses his pet Greys to make the Neurotoxins which are sprayed by the Russian Aircorp in disguised DC-10s. 

Edited by Piney
**** Atlantis
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I find people who don't want a debit card because the government will know how you spend your money really out there, the same as cell phones...you a drug dealer?  Terrorist?  Then they don't care!  BUT, there have been a few that have made me think they could be possible.  Could be, not full blown believe.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tom1200
5 minutes ago, Piney said:

See! Your twisting the story. Bigfoot runs NASA and uses his pet Greys to make the Neurotoxins which are sprayed by the Russian Aircorp in disguised DC-10S. 

but... but... I thought Bigfoot was Elvis?  That's why you never see them together in the same room, like Superman and Bruce Wayne.  

Image result for bigfoot and elvis

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
38 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I am not a conspiracy theorist. I find people who don't want a debit card because the government will know how you spend your money really out there, the same as cell phones...you a drug dealer?  Terrorist?  Then they don't care!  BUT, there have been a few that have made me think they could be possible.  Could be, not full blown believe.

When police switched from the NCIC to the Homeland Security database if I ran your DL on the CopTop it would tell me everything including your credit history. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
1 hour ago, sci-nerd said:

There are far too many people who'll believe the most far fetched, logically defiant, crazy ideas imaginably, if the video is good enough!

Considering how good CGI is getting, a thinking person won't be able to simply accept video evidence soon.  The same with audible recordings.  Ironic that our technology has made us less able to discern truth from lies.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
8 minutes ago, Piney said:

When police switched from the NCIC to the Homeland Security database if I ran your DL on the CopTop it would tell me everything including your credit history. 

I got stopped for speeding a couple of days ago and the young officer ran my license and insurance.  It took him a little while but when he came back he just told me to watch my speed and as a parting word he mentioned how clean my record was so he didn't figured I was problem child (my words).  I left relieved to have dodged the ticket but slightly offended that I might have just had my first encounter with being seen as "seasoned citizen" :P

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
5 minutes ago, and then said:

I got stopped for speeding a couple of days ago and the young officer ran my license and insurance.  It took him a little while but when he came back he just told me to watch my speed and as a parting word he mentioned how clean my record was so he didn't figured I was problem child (my words).  I left relieved to have dodged the ticket but slightly offended that I might have just had my first encounter with being seen as "seasoned citizen" :P

It use to be cops couldn't use the NCIC unless it was part of a criminal investigation. They only ran the DMV record during a stop. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
glorybebe
3 hours ago, Piney said:

When police switched from the NCIC to the Homeland Security database if I ran your DL on the CopTop it would tell me everything including your credit history. 

I have been told, eventhough I am Canadian,  the US will have all my info.  Nowadays, not worried about 'being out there' nothing exciting to know about me, damn it!

Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Golden Duck
5 hours ago, and then said:

Considering how good CGI is getting, a thinking person won't be able to simply accept video evidence soon.  The same with audible recordings.  Ironic that our technology has made us less able to discern truth from lies.

Deepfake is getting better

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim

The article examines belief in CTs, not the CTs themselves.  I would imagine that belief in anything would stay relatively constant over the years, as their polls show.  Belief resides in the people, not in reality.  What people believe or don't believe has no bearing on the truth.  The movie Conspiracy Theory demonstrates this well.  Mel Gibson's character is a kook who believes in a lot of CTs.  But it turns out that one of them is true.  The people behind that one think he's onto them and try to eliminate him.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that any of the CTs could be true or not, but we'll never know by judging what people believe.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Big Jim
8 hours ago, and then said:

and the young officer

This is what gives you away as a seasoned citizen.  As soon as we start recognizing others as young we admit we are getting old.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hazzard

Distrust in the government is natural, but from there to throw out logic and critical thinking is never a good idea.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth

Conspiracies do happen. The question should be asked on what basis are they credible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bed of chaos

Isnt a conspiracy defined as agreement/plot among conspirators (different people). Does anyone actually think something like Epstein murder wasn't a conspiracy? ..or the actions of one rogue individual?

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth
12 hours ago, Bed of chaos said:

Isnt a conspiracy defined as agreement/plot among conspirators (different people). Does anyone actually think something like Epstein murder wasn't a conspiracy? ..or the actions of one rogue individual?

There is also the Manhattan Project.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener

I find it interesting that peoples beliefs in conspiracy theories has been relatively stable over the course of the last 60 years. The arrival of the internet hasn't really increased - or decreased - them. 

Personally, I find that DEEPLY suspicious ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jon the frog

Are conspiracy theories on the rise ? Nope insanity is greatly on the rise !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
On 9/25/2019 at 5:49 AM, sci-nerd said:

There are far too many people who'll believe the most far fetched, logically defiant, crazy ideas imaginably, if the video is good enough!

When I see people post with terms like I can just imagine such and such... or.... it looks like so and so is probably Behind everything. And I bet (or guess) it’s because of such and such, without providing any working evidence to back that assumption which then goes on to be treated as gospel by some, that is a common issue with the new conspiracy theorists.

or people link all stories to one story line without properly understanding the many different stories involved. No in-depth study of any piece of evidence, just superficial glance connections, which are treated as truth, instead of stories connected by a name. Conspiracy theories are the new seven degrees of Kevin Bacon game.Who knows, maybe good old Kev is a globalist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew

I think they are. But only because idiocy is ALSO on the rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Obviousman
On 9/27/2019 at 4:38 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

There is also the Manhattan Project.

Hmm - if you include that we start to introduce a really grey area: national security. At what point does keeping an activity secret become a 'conspiracy'? I should state that I define a conspiracy as being something nefarious.

After all, there are numerous government / military activities that I fully support being 'black' or having knowledge of strictly limited and compartmentalised.

 

Edited by Obviousman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
On 9/24/2019 at 9:07 PM, Golden Duck said:

Deepfake is getting better

 

Certainly. I've seen some really good ones recently....:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth
On 11/4/2019 at 12:06 PM, Robotic Jew said:

Certainly. I've seen some really good ones recently....:ph34r:

We all know the Queen is a shape Shifting Reptilian along with George Bush. Didn't you know that?!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.