Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Grammarly and the forum

TrumanB

Why my grammarly app installed on the browser doesn't work anymore on this forum? Don't you know that we are not all English natives with perfect knowledge of grammar and spelling? :rolleyes:

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Why my grammarly app installed on the browser doesn't work anymore on this forum? Don't you know that we are not all English natives with perfect knowledge of grammar and spelling? :rolleyes:

Judging by your grammar on this paragraph alone, you seem to have grasped it much more efficiently than most English and Americans.  I therefore determine that have no need for any app :D

• Haha 4

Thank you very much sir, but we learn each day and grammarly is a very helpful tool for that purpose. If it's possible dear admins please activate it or let me know how to do it myself.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stiff said:

Judging by your grammar on this paragraph alone, you seem to have grasped it much more efficiently than most English and Americans.  I therefore determine that have no need for any app :D

Now you put her on the spot.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Why my grammarly app installed on the browser doesn't work anymore on this forum? 

Nothing has changed this end, so if it's stopped working then it's likely going to be an issue with the browser extension itself.

If it's possible dear admins please activate it or let me know how to do it myself.

Grammarly is a third party browser extension that we have no control over, there's nothing I can do to change how it works on your computer.

I can try to help you troubleshoot the issue you are having:

1. When did the problem start ?
  2. In what specific way is the extension no longer working ?
  3. Did you change or update anything on your end just before it stopped working ?

1. It started about 2 weeks ago

2. It has no little green/red circle in the right bottom angle of the message box where I'm writing this message right now.

3. No, this is turned onr:

Check Grammar and Spelling
on unexplained-mysteries.com

• Thanks 1

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it at all so I can't really offer much in the way of technical support.

Have you checked the official support section ?

https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

language barriers.  my English grammar is absolutely horrible sometimes but atleast i can make myself understood and it's not as bad as this... :-P

Edited by Impedancer
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Saru said:

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the add-on.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about it at all so I can't really offer much in the way of technical support.

Have you checked the official support section ?

https://support.grammarly.com/hc/en-us

Did you mean to say that I should reinstall Grammarly?

Support doesn't provide direct contact.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Did you mean to say that I should reinstall Grammarly?

It's just a thought, might be worth a try.

Out of interest, when you say it stopped working two weeks ago, was it working immediately before that ?

From what I've read, Grammarly doesn't work well with Ckeditor (which is what the forum uses), however the last update was months ago.

There's word that Grammarly is working with the makers of Ckeditor for better compatibility in the future.

Well, maybe it was even a month. I don't know. I'm not every day on this forum. Before that it was fine. You may just solved this mystery. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Well, maybe it was even a month. I don't know. I'm not every day on this forum. Before that it was fine. You may just solved this mystery. :)

or "you may have just solved the mystery". Too bad that I can't use grammarly to find that out.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

On 9/25/2019 at 4:36 PM, TrumanB said:

or "you may have just solved the mystery". Too bad that I can't use grammarly to find that out.:rolleyes:

I've had the same problem.  I'll try reinstalling...

• Like 1

Let me know if it works.