Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
BrooklynGuy

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop

345 posts in this topic

BrooklynGuy

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop changes everything

"Pelosi caved in because of the mounting pressure within her party and because the New York Times, the Washington Post and a handful of television gasbags demanded that she act over what the president reportedly said in the July conversation with Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky. Trump admits he asked Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, over whether the then-vice president took any action to protect his son from a corruption probe."

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/24/goodwin-pelosis-impeachment-flip-flop-changes-everything/

• Like 5

Hankenhunter

Good. About time she did her job. Now if she can just see it through. Telling trump no when he asked for a deal was a good start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

BrooklynGuy

Trump team brushes off impeachment inquiry, raises cash

Trump’s re-election campaign raised a quarter of a million dollars in just 15 minutes on Tuesday in the immediate aftermath of House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s announcement about the probe. “We had a lot of things prepared just in case the Democrats were, in fact, that stupid. And in fact, they were,” said Tim Murtaugh, the Trump campaign’s communications director, reacting to the impeachment process and disclosing the campaign’s early cash haul.

Read more: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-whistleblower-response/trump-team-brushes-off-impeachment-inquiry-raises-cash-idUSKBN1WA07I

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

BrooklynGuy

The latest Trump scandal is more likely to eliminate Joe Biden than the president.

Here’s a case of political spin that could only have been delivered tongue in cheek: “Reputable news organizations have concluded there’s nothing here,” a Joe Biden aide explained to Politico amid this week’s bizarre Ukraine eruption. Except it was two news organizations liberals revere, the New York Times and the New Yorker magazine, that did the most to expose the Biden-Ukraine imbroglio. Joe Biden was an Obama point man on Ukraine and may have had perfectly legitimate reasons for demanding Kiev sack an allegedly corrupt prosecutor who was threatening to investigate an allegedly corrupt Ukrainian gas company. But the fact that his son Hunter Biden, with no visible qualification, was quickly hired to sit on the company’s board was obviously a straight-up cronyism play to encourage the desired outcome. 

Read more: https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraine-goes-for-elizabeth-warren-11569366746

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gwynbleidd

The whole thing will go nowhere - we should take bets on it actually.  :P :lol:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

BrooklynGuy
Just now, Gwynbleidd said:

The whole thing will go nowhere - we should take bets on it actually.  :P :lol:

Yes we would make a fortune. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gwynbleidd
3 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Trump admits he asked Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, over whether the then-vice president took any action to protect his son from a corruption probe."

I don't see anything wrong with a leader asking that.  If you had suspicions, why wouldn't you ask?  It would be silly not to.   Talk about unnecessary outrage...as usual. :rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Alchopwn
3 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

"Pelosi caved in because of the mounting pressure within her party and because the New York Times, the Washington Post and a handful of television gasbags demanded that she act over what the president reportedly said in the July conversation with Ukraine’s new president, Volodymyr Zelensky. Trump admits he asked Zelensky to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter, over whether the then-vice president took any action to protect his son from a corruption probe."

Swamp is simply not allowed to ask leaders of foreign countries to spy for him except about issues of either established criminal cases, or military matters.  He may certainly not ask them to spy for dirt on a political rival he may well face in an election.  Pelosi is in a tricky situation, in that, as the Dems don't control the Senate they are unlikely to get an impeachment to stick.  Most people also think that an impeachment means that a sitting President must leave office, when it doesn't mean that at all, hence Pelosi is correct in thinking that it may well be a waste of time.  On the other hand, firing up impeachment hearings before an election is a good idea, and charging a no-longer-sitting-president for crimes discovered from before, during and potentially after his presidency seems a decent strategy.

• Like 2

RoofGardener
14 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Swamp is simply not allowed to ask leaders of foreign countries to spy for him except about issues of either established criminal cases, or military matters.  He may certainly not ask them to spy for dirt on a political rival he may well face in an election. 

Says who ? 

I mean, I think his actions - as described - are immoral. But are they actually illegal ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Alchopwn
Just now, RoofGardener said:

Says who ? 

I mean, I think his actions - as described - are immoral. But are they actually illegal ? 

Using an foreign intelligence service for private political ends?  Yes,it's quite illegal, and treasonous in certain circumstances in the USA.  There are in fact about 6 specific laws such an act is in breach of as far as I am aware.  That is why Pelosi is calling for an impeachment to begin, despite her previous reticence.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

aztek

lol good luck with that

• Like 4

Bella-Angelique

Asking a government to investigate international corruption is not spying on the Democrat party or politically targeting them unless that is all the entire Democratic party actually is, an international crime ring, in which case it could be seen as targeting them.

:w00t:

Edited by Bella-Angelique
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Earl.Of.Trumps
1 hour ago, Bella-Angelique said:

Asking a government to investigate international corruption is not spying on the Democrat party or politically targeting them unless that is all the entire Democratic party actually is, an international crime ring, in which case it could be seen as targeting them.

:w00t:

Yup, the Democrat party and DNC. Rolling criminal organizations.  You got it.

The little d dems don't care. All they know is "go team".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BrooklynGuy

Trump 42 Dems 0 :w00t:

Ukraine call transcript shows Trump sought Biden probe, asked about DNC server – but made no mention of US aid

The White House on Wednesday released a transcript of President Trump’s July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky showing he sought a review of Biden family dealings in the country – but the document does not show Trump explicitly leveraging military aid as part of a quid pro quo, as Democrats have suggested in pressing forward with impeachment. 

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ukraine-call-transcript-shows-trump-sought-biden-probe-but-made-no-mention-of-us-aid

• Thanks 3

Earl.Of.Trumps

IMO, this particular transcript is a case  of, "Nothing to be seen here, folks. Keep moving."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

BrooklynGuy

Related image

• Haha 3

RAyMO
17 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

IMO, this particular transcript is a case  of, "Nothing to be seen here, folks. Keep moving."

well no surprise there.

But what actually happens is

1. trump says how great a friend the US has been to Ukraine

2. He states that Ukraine does not reciprocate sufficiently

3. He call for investigation into what happened around Biden's son and anything else on Biden the Ukraine President could dig up

The implication is quite clear. But even clearer: Trump is using the Office of President of US to influence the leader of another country to dig up dirt on a political opponent, for no other reason than personal politics.  Even goes as far as to say this will managed in part by his personal attorney.

If people in the US can't see anything wrong in this - well then your country's corruption score needs to be revised up significantly.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Farmer77
34 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Trump 42 Dems 0 :w00t:

Ukraine call transcript shows Trump sought Biden probe, asked about DNC server – but made no mention of US aid

The White House on Wednesday released a transcript of President Trump’s July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky showing he sought a review of Biden family dealings in the country – but the document does not show Trump explicitly leveraging military aid as part of a quid pro quo, as Democrats have suggested in pressing forward with impeachment. 

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ukraine-call-transcript-shows-trump-sought-biden-probe-but-made-no-mention-of-us-aid

Yeahs some next level misinformation BG

Zilinsky said he wants to buy missiles. Trump then said "I need a favor though"

How do you think Zelensky was going to pay for said missiles?

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1
22 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

well no surprise there.

3. He call for investigation into what happened around Biden's son and anything else on Biden the Ukraine President could dig up

The implication is quite clear. But even clearer: Trump is using the Office of President of US to influence the leader of another country to dig up dirt on a political opponent, for no other reason than personal politics.  Even goes as far as to say this will managed in part by his personal attorney.

If people in the US can't see anything wrong in this - well then your country's corruption score needs to be revised up significantly.

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeahs some next level misinformation BG

Zilinsky said he wants to buy missiles. Trump then said "I need a favor though"

How do you think Zelensky was going to pay for said missiles?

It doesn't matter. They will see nothing wrong and it will just be more "ZOMG! TruMp oWEd tHe LibS!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
32 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

well no surprise there.

Here is what I see, Raymo. I see a good president watching out for America's best interests by routing out criminals from the American political process.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Farmer77
1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here is what I see, Raymo. I see a good president watching out for America's best interests by routing out criminals from the American political process.

And you're ok with him breaking the law to do so?

• Like 1

Imaginarynumber1
14 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Hahahahaha! Hahahahaha! HAhahaha HAHAHAHA!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh wait... you weren't serious, were you?

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Earl.Of.Trumps
10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

And you're ok with him breaking the law to do so?

Farmer, that was tame LOL. You can get harsher, man.

Now, I am talking about the transcript *only* - not on future evidences. All I see is Trump calling for an investigation. What is illegal about a legal investigation?

Democrats were not breaking the law when they called for an investigation into political enemy, Donald Trump. So let us not be hypocritical here.

• Like 4

Earl.Of.Trumps

Farmer77
Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Farmer, that was tame LOL. You can get harsher, man.

Now, I am talking about the transcript *only* - not on future evidences. All I see is Trump calling for an investigation. What is illegal about a legal investigation?

Democrats were not breaking the law when they called for an investigation into political enemy, Donald Trump. So let us not be hypocritical here.

Well the problem isn't that he called for an investigation. It's that he ordered aid stopped to the nation he wanted to start an investigation.

Then he explicitly asked for help in uncovering dirt on a political opponent in response to Zelinsky saying he wants to purchase missiles from us. Then the DOJ broke the law on his behalf by hiding the whistleblower report from congress. Trying to stick to the memo of the call but it's kinda hard since I consider that last part to be as important if not more than the call itself. 

Throw in the fact that he ordered his staff to lie to congress about why the funds were withheld, and his own changing narrative as to why he did it and the inquiry is clearly appropriate.

• Like 2