Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop

BrooklynGuy

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

This 

I think I'm in love.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

No it wouldn’t be illegal but rather a fishing expedition. Ukraine has already said there was not a case for the Bidens to answer before Trump threatened to hold back aid and made his private attorney the defacto U.S. ambassador.

Show me where Trump "threatened" anybody?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

She's a democrat.

That's the kind of democrat that warms the cockles of my heart :)  Of course, she does need a little counseling lol 

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Okay link something to this 17 senators. Probably a crapshoot but let’s have a look at it.

There is no "link".  It's the simple math of removing him in the Senate trial that would follow the impeachment.  Removal requires a "guilty" vote by a 2/3 majority.  There are 49 Dems, and an Independent that always votes with them, that's 50.  To reach 67 they'd need 17 R's to go against their own voters who support the president.  It might not mean career suicide for every one of them but it certainly would be a roll of the dice.  As I said, we aren't talking about courageous, honorable people here.  We're talking about politicians. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

... I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... ... I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to ·get to the bottom of it. ...

The other thing, There's a lot of. talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. ...

[emphasis mine]

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Unclassified09.2019.pdf

It look's like those who want impeachment blinked too soon; and, a defence will be easy to construct.

31 minutes ago, and then said:

There is no "link".  It's the simple math of removing him in the Senate trial that would follow the impeachment.  Removal requires a "guilty" vote by a 2/3 majority.  There are 49 Dems, and an Independent that always votes with them, that's 50.  To reach 67 they'd need 17 R's to go against their own voters who support the president.  It might not mean career suicide for every one of them but it certainly would be a roll of the dice.  As I said, we aren't talking about courageous, honorable people here.  We're talking about politicians. 

Bit confused on where you are getting the 49 democrats and the 1 independent that votes with them. 

Maybe I'm missing something  by just jumping in at page 10 but there are only 45 Democrats in the senate and 2 independents.  The independents do tend to vote with the democrats so that would be 47 meaning they would need 20 Republicans or I'm really missing out on something.

• Like 1

This is just the Ukrainians getting miffed and petty because they wanted ivanka but got Rudi instead... 

~

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Show me where Trump "threatened" anybody?

Quid pro quo is as good of a threat.

55 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

[emphasis mine]

It look's like those who want impeachment blinked too soon; and, a defence will be easy to construct.

I was making breakfast and had the tv playing in the background but I’m pretty sure the intelligence chief stated that trump never followed up on this with the attorney general. Like I said in another thread it is my instinct that trump baited a trap for the democrats. He went to the very edge of violating the law with his words and didn’t follow through with any actions. The result will probably be the democrats will come up empty again and look like fools.

The saddest part of all the drama going on in our government is that the democrats have focused so much attention on foiling the evil of trump that they accomplished zero. Nothing on healthcare, nothing on infrastructure, nothing on immigration reform, nothing on environment. Nothing.

They have demonstrated that they care more about wielding power than their duty to the American people.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Bit confused on where you are getting the 49 democrats and the 1 independent that votes with them. 

Maybe I'm missing something  by just jumping in at page 10 but there are only 45 Democrats in the senate and 2 independents.  The independents do tend to vote with the democrats so that would be 47 meaning they would need 20 Republicans or I'm really missing out on something.

My mistake.  I guess that puts the number up to 20 R's needed ;)   Considering the two RINOs in  Maine and Alaska, though, the number is probably still at least 49 for the D's.  

• Like 1

Here is an idea about how the Democrats can play good old hard knuckle politics as some people are saying the president is doing.  It is not threatening the president, just looking after the country..

After returning from the UN, the president said that the Democrats don't want to discuss infrastructure, reducing the price of prescription medicine or background checks.

Well maybe Nancy could make a counter proposal. 

For every week that the President can get his buddy Mitch to pass a piece of legislation on  infrastructure, immigration reform, drug costs, back ground checks, red flag laws and other pieces of the nation's business and the president signs the bill into law, the impeachment committees will be too busy doing the nations business to meet on impeachment.

When nothing gets signed, with all of the free time they have,  the impeachment meetings move forward.

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The saddest part of all the drama going on in our government is that the democrats have focused so much attention on foiling the evil of trump that they accomplished zero. Nothing on healthcare, nothing on infrastructure, nothing on immigration reform, nothing on environment. Nothing.

You know that quite a few bills are tabled on Moscow Mitch's desk.  The Republicans have a big share in the do nothing bit, because they don't want to do anything.   It was Mitch's favorite trick for Obama and now it seems to stand him in good stead with the Democratic house,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

[emphasis mine]

Very easy to construct, since no law was broken. Hell, I could defend him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Quid pro quo is as good of a threat.

there was no quid pro quo

• Like 4

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

She's a democrat.

I'm not prejudiced.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

If this is as bad as I think then there’s only so much cover the republicans will afford Trump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I was making breakfast and had the tv playing in the background but I’m pretty sure the intelligence chief stated that trump never followed up on this with the attorney general. Like I said in another thread it is my instinct that trump baited a trap for the democrats. He went to the very edge of violating the law with his words and didn’t follow through with any actions. The result will probably be the democrats will come up empty again and look like fools. ...

It looks like Barr has known of The Conversation for over a month now.

Maybe they were looking for leaks.

This game has to be distracting for everyone. 

• Like 2

This just in from Chris "Fredo" Cuomo at CNN Fake News. Made up anonymous sources tell us that the CIA agent whistle blowers identity has been revealed:

• Haha 1

Even Fox is beginning to slowly turn on Trump.

In short, the whistleblower alleges that Trump offered a bribe to his Ukrainian counterpart: Go after my likely opponent's son and you will get the $390 million in goods and cash that we are holding up.

If demonstrable, this behavior is far worse than anything alleged or uncovered by Mueller. The acts of obstruction that Mueller found arguably constitute impeachable offenses. That's because the constitutional language of "high crimes and misdemeanors" as one of the three bases for impeachment has been found by the House of Representatives, in three different generations, to include obstruction. Yet there is still wiggle room as to how much personal presidential obstruction and underlying criminality is needed to constitute an impeachable offense.

There is no such wiggle room for bribery. The Constitution is quite clear that "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors" shall constitute a basis for impeachment.

Was Trump offering to bribe the Ukrainian president? The circumstantial evidence is: Yes. The transcript of Trump's critical conversation with the Ukrainian president shows he asked his counterpart to coordinate with American authorities to prosecute the son of his likely political opponent in 2020. That is the solicitation of something of value from a foreign government -- a felony.

Within a week of that conversation, Trump put his hold on the $390 million in aid. That's when the Ukrainian president got the message.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-brazen-acts-of-corruption

Shep has also been debunking many of the Trump camp claims.

• Like 1

DECONSTRUCTING THE DEEP STATE

In July, Breitbart News—where Bannon presided before joining the Trump presidential campaign in August 2016, and to which he immediately returned after his departure from the White House a year later—publicized a report from the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee saying Trump faced seven times more leaks during the first 126 days of his administration than the previous two administrations. “How many foreign allies are pulling back?” asked the Wall Street Journal’s Kimberley Strassel in a column titled “Washington’s Leak Mob.” “How many will work with a U.S. government that has disclosed so many military plans, weapons systems and cybersecurity tactics?”

Read more: https://www.govexec.com/feature/gov-exec-deconstructing-deep-state/

FOX NEWS ALERT!!! Shepard Smith is reporting that the whistle blowers legal team is being headed up by this man:

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Try this one, from Fox News ? https://www.foxnews.com/politics/phil-scott-impeachment-trump

Here's the thing though: State Governors don't get to vote in the Senate ? :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1