Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop

BrooklynGuy

Come with me on a journey through time as we take a closer look at what was happening in the Ukraine in 2016... 

On page 5(?) of this thread, I focused on section IV of the whistleblower's memoir/statement/whatever as it seemed to be the juiciest cut of this meat involving the former Prosecutor General of Ukraine, Mr. Lutsenko. He made several important allegations in 2016 to Washington based publication The Hill regarding corruption cases he was investigating. Conveniently, or perhaps suspiciously, Mr. Lutsenko then denied most of his earlier statements just two months after talking to The Hill.

In his original allegations, he claims he was given a list of "do not prosecute" individuals by the US Ambassador. In the section IV footnotes, it seems that Lutsenko told a different publication that he was actually the one who requested that list and it had nothing to do with any Ambassadors. I haven't found that particular article where he walked back his statements but I did find this one where Lutsenko confirms his original allegations to The Hill.

On Thursday morning Lutsenko's Spokeswoman Larysa Sarhan on Facebook released four fragments from Lutsenko's interview and confirmed to the Kyiv-based Interfax-Ukraine news agency that Lutsenko indeed gave an interview to the Hill and in one episode he talked about such a list.

"Unfortunately, from the first meeting with the U.S. ambassador in Kyiv, [Yovanovitch] gave me a list of people whom we should not prosecute," Lutsenko, who took his post in 2016, told Hill.TV last week," The Hill quoted Lutsenko as saying.

"My response of that is it is inadmissible. Nobody in this country, neither our president nor our parliament nor our ambassador, will stop me from prosecuting whether there is a crime," Lutsenko said, according to The Hill.

The Hill writes that the U.S. Department of State called Lutsenko's claim of receiving a do not prosecute list, "an outright fabrication."

We can see very clearly that Lustenko was telling the truth - he was bullied by the US to stop investigating certain individuals. I would assume then that's why he walked back all of his allegations (according to the whistleblower's footnotes.)

I really need to see that article referenced in the whistleblower's document. I need to see Lutsenko's refuting statement about that list. He seems very confident in the above interview that he did not request such a list though the whistleblower document seems to suggest he did. Interesting.

Edit to add-- 

Just found a more recent statement (April 2019,) by the former Pros General doubling down on the fact that he was GIVEN a list of untouchable people by the US Ambassador. 

As UNIAN reported, Lutsenko told Hill.TV early in March 2019 that when he first met with U.S. Ambassador Yovanovitch in Kyiv, she allegedly gave him a list of people who should not be prosecuted. In addition, Lutsenko complained that his office had not received $4 million, which the U.S. government should have provided as support.

It's Mr. Lutsenko's word against the whistleblower's. So far, it looks like the whistleblower may need to do a little more research. That, or the whistleblower's document was deliberately worded in a way that would absolve the Bidens.

temp.jpg

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

More on the Biden story:

Wherever Joe Biden went, son Hunter cashed in

In a now notorious July 25 conversation, President Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to “look into” Ukraine’s role in efforts to interfere in the 2016 election as well as the dealings of Joe ­Biden and his son Hunter with the notoriously corrupt country. Whether or not Trump’s ham-fisted conversation with Zelensky rises to an impeachable offense, the American people have legitimate reasons to be curious about both issues — and especially the Biden family’s blatant conflicts of interest abroad as Joe Biden seeks the presidency.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/wherever-joe-biden-went-son-hunter-cashed-in/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

More on the Biden story:

In a now notorious July 25 conversation, President Trump asked Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to “look into” Ukraine’s role in efforts to interfere in the 2016 election as well as the dealings of Joe ­Biden and his son Hunter with the notoriously corrupt country. Whether or not Trump’s ham-fisted conversation with Zelensky rises to an impeachable offense, the American people have legitimate reasons to be curious about both issues — and especially the Biden family’s blatant conflicts of interest abroad as Joe Biden seeks the presidency.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/26/wherever-joe-biden-went-son-hunter-cashed-in/

Hey Biden only reads about his son's career in magazines, remember? He doesn't know anything, your honor!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's too bad all these dopes are going on recess for two weeks they are always good for some laughs. Interesting that they call the Congress's break recess, where I have I heard that term before? ;)

Chris "Fredo" Cuomo and Adam "Quagmire" Schiff discussing Quagmire wanting the lead acting role in the DNI Hearing 

Trump calls on Adam Schiff to resign for allegedly lying to Congress :lol:

President Trump on Friday called on Rep. Adam Schiff to resign, accusing the Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee of “fraudulently” reading to Congress a nonexistent version of his call with the Ukrainian president. “Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist,” the president said in a tweet. “HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT,” Trump continued. “Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!”

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/trump-calls-on-adam-schiff-to-resign-for-allegedly-lying-to-congress/

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

President Trump on Friday called on Rep. Adam Schiff to resign, accusing the Democratic chairman of the House Intelligence Committee of “fraudulently” reading to Congress a nonexistent version of his call with the Ukrainian president. “Rep. Adam Schiff fraudulently read to Congress, with millions of people watching, a version of my conversation with the President of Ukraine that doesn’t exist,” the president said in a tweet. “HE WAS DESPERATE AND HE GOT CAUGHT,” Trump continued. “Adam Schiff therefore lied to Congress and attempted to defraud the American Public. He has been doing this for two years. I am calling for him to immediately resign from Congress based on this fraud!”

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/trump-calls-on-adam-schiff-to-resign-for-allegedly-lying-to-congress/

Trump bringing the heat - this will be a fun one to watch.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

It's too bad all these dopes are going on recess for two weeks they are always good for some laughs.

Yep.  Nancy left a flaming bag of dog sh!t on Trump's doorstep, rang the bell and then ran off for a two-week vacation.

What a bunch of toothless cowards.  She will probably manage to "miss" her flight back home, too.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Yep.  Nancy left a flaming bag of dog sh!t on Trump's doorstep, rang the bell and then ran off for a two-week vacation.

What a bunch of toothless cowards.  She will probably manage to "miss" her flight back home, too.

Yep.  It is just part of the liberal stable genius 4D chess plan to get to conservatives.  Trump will get tired of tweeting, go out and play golf and think it is all over.  Meanwhile, they are having  secret meetings and phone conversations and emails on private servers  all over the country.  Under cover of a recess they have sent key members of their staff to various Trump properties across the globe searching out corruption.  The deep state is  having secret summits deep in the heart of Cheyenne Mountain.  The MSM has been given their marching orders.  It is all lining up.

It is a famous gamer strategy:  playing the toothless coward counter move is the best way to ambush and entrap a player using the belligerent deflection attack.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump bringing the heat - this will be a fun one to watch.

Be a lot more fun if it wasn't my country that will lose no matter which side wins now.

• Like 3

Just now, Tatetopa said:

Be a lot more fun if it wasn't my country that will lose no matter which side wins now.

Almost all countries are losing now. Grab a seat and watch the fireworks with us

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

It is a famous gamer strategy:  playing the toothless coward counter move is the best way to ambush and entrap a player using the belligerent deflection attack.

Sounds brilliant.

That Trump would stand back and allow these clowns to keep trying to take him out with their silly coup schemes is both maddening and fascinating at the same time.

At the end of the day, though, Trump is being smart because the American public is seeing these idiots for the craven lunatics they truly are.

By Halloween, they will be ratting on each other and begging Trump for mercy.  Some will claim they were working for Trump the entire time by gathering evidence.

This will be Theatre of the Absurd for the ages.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Sounds brilliant.

That Trump would stand back and allow these clowns to keep trying to take him out with their silly coup schemes is both maddening and fascinating at the same time.

At the end of the day, though, Trump is being smart because the American public is seeing these idiots for the craven lunatics they truly are.

By Halloween, they will be ratting on each other and begging Trump for mercy.  Some will claim they were working for Trump the entire time by gathering evidence.

This will be Theatre of the Absurd for the ages.

It seems to me that Trump is his own worst enemy. He's impulsive and passionate about doing things his way. Never listening to anyone but the yes men he has surrounded himself with. He really didn't need to have made that call to the Ukraine president. He could have sent an emissary instead. Thats what smart crooked politicians do. 

• Like 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

It seems to me that Trump is his own worst enemy. He's impulsive and passionate about doing things his way. Never listening to anyone but the yes men he has surrounded himself with. He really didn't need to have made that call to the Ukraine president. He could have sent an emissary instead. Thats what smart crooked politicians do. 

Alternate theory: Trump knew of Biden's shady dealings in the Ukraine. Maybe through the grapevine, maybe he read an article in 2016, who knows. Trump wants to draw attention to this scandal as Biden could be a threat in 2020, so he makes a phone call to the President of the Ukraine with the intent of having the media (and the internet,) focus on it. Now here we are, all educated on what Biden and his son and the US Ambassador were doing in 2016. Had Trump not made that phone call, we would have no reason to investigate any of this. It may be 4D chess in retrospect only or Trump knows how to play the media and the DNC's insatiable appetite for controversy against them.

Just spit balling here.

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Alternate theory: Trump knew of Biden's shady dealings in the Ukraine. Maybe through the grapevine, maybe he read an article in 2016, who knows. Trump wants to draw attention to this scandal as Biden could be a threat in 2020, so he makes a phone call to the President of the Ukraine with the intent of having the media (and the internet,) focus on it. Now here we are, all educated on what Biden and his son and the US Ambassador were doing in 2016. Had Trump not made that phone call, we would have no reason to investigate any of this. It may be 4D chess in retrospect only or Trump knows how to play the media and the DNC's insatiable appetite for controversy against them.

Just spit balling here.

Here's a news flash. There are NO shady dealings concerning Biden in Ukraine. And if Trump can't discern truth from fiction then the U.S. is in for a rough ride. Biden pressed for the sacking of a corrupt pro Putin official, Viktor Shokin. Even the EU wanted Shokin sacked. This is classic Trump/Trumpter talk. Play poor me. Take an existing fact and twist it. Play the media. 

Trump abused the power of the presidency. Accepting that he did act dishonestly in his dealings with Ukraine will not turn you into a democrat. At least i think not.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Beats the hell outta any soap opera or reality TV show. HBO must be crawling outta their skins waiting for a crack at the rights for the TV series. 

5 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

More on the Biden story:

What i find scary for Trump isn't exactly this Ukraine business or if he'll be impeached for it. Trump has put himself on a precarious limb, swinging in the wind, allowing his enemies to raid the White House looking for any other phone conversations and paperwork. They pretty much have a mandate to do so. So even though the republican controlled senate might save his bacon they won't be able to save opening up new enquiries. and i bet Trump being Trump this is just the tip of the ice berg. 

At some point Trumps position will be untenable and the GOP will have to cut his ass loose and embrace Pence. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump abused the power of the presidency. Accepting that he did act dishonestly in his dealings with Ukraine will not turn you into a democrat. At least i think not.

No, but it will turn you into a story teller, a fibber

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No, but it will turn you into a story teller, a fibber

Ya think?  But then Don Corleone was just a simple olive oil importer, an honest businessman.  

It is a clown circus on both sides.  

• Like 3

The former Ukrainian prosecutor who first investigated corruption claims against a company with ties to Hunter Biden said he met with Rudy Giuliani, the president’s personal layer, “maybe 10 times”. He added that he has seen no evidence that the Bidens broke Ukrainian law.

10 times - seems he wouldn't take no for an answer!

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/26/2019 at 4:56 PM, Davros of Skaro said:

2020 winner.

52m.gif

Boston Dynamics prototype #§@$ MK1. Project launched in 2016, cancelled in 2019 because of MTBF <4hrs.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Why should she, she's the biggest abuser of that perk....wonder why no one calls her on her carbon footprint. I remember it being reported during the Obama years that even though she could, she refuses to use fly commercial.

'Air Pelosi': Watchdog revisits House speaker's hefty travel expenses on military aircraft

President Trump’s recent decision to deny House Speaker Nancy Pelosi use of a military aircraft prompted Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton to revisit her longstanding travel habits. Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton to revisit Mrs. Pelosi’s travel habits; the watchdog organization has tracked her use of military jets for more than a decade through Defense Department documents obtained through Freedom of Information requests.

“For years we have been exposing the lucrative travel our leaders enjoy at taxpayer expense. We have long noted Pelosi’s abuse of the perks of public office that granted her access to luxury military travel,” Mr. Fitton wrote in an “We reported in 2010 that Pelosi’s jet travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol,” Mr. Fitton said, noting that the average cost on an international congressional delegation trip was $228,563.33.

Of the 103 trips that Mrs. Pelosi led, 31 of them included members of the House speaker’s family, said Mr. Fitton, citing one trip to the Middle East for lawmakers and their spouses in 2008 that cost $17,931 per hour for the aircraft alone.

His investigation revealed other expenses.

“Purchases include Johnny Walker Red scotch, Grey Goose vodka, E&J brandy, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Maker’s Mark whiskey, Courvoisier cognac, Bacardi Light rum, Jim Beam whiskey, Beefeater gin, Dewar’s scotch, Bombay Sapphire gin, Jack Daniels whiskey, Corona beer and several bottles of wine,” Mr. Fitton noted.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/25/air-pelosi-watchdog-revisits-house-speakers-hefty-/

• Like 3

The claims:

4 hours ago, skliss said:

'“We reported in 2010 that Pelosi’s jet travel cost the Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses, including food and alcohol,” Mr. Fitton said, noting that the average cost on an international congressional delegation trip was $228,563.33.

The facts.

Did Watchdog an expenses analysis for #45 already? No? Too much work? I mean, they try to put a blame on Pelosi because of 2.1M over a 2-year period, well, that's quite ridiculous. A quick check for some of #45`s fun travel expenses will give the real picture.

Example:

GAO estimated that federal agencies incurred costs of about $13.6 million for the President's four trips to Mar-a-Lago from February 3 through March 5, 2017. This estimate consisted of approximately $10.6 million for operating costs of government aircraft and boats and $3 million for temporary duty costs of government personnel supporting the President's travel, including transportation, lodging, and meals and incidental expenses.

US Government Accountability Office

Thats 13.6M in one month.

• Like 3

Three House committees subpoena Mike Pompeo on Ukraine

Three Democratic-led House Committees issued subpoenas on Friday for Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, seeking to compel him to hand over documents concerning contact with the government of Ukraine. The House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight Committees also scheduled depositions for five State Department officials over the next two weeks. They include former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who was fired by Team Trump earlier this year; Ambassador Kurt Volker, the special representative for Ukraine; and European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/three-house-committees-subpoena-mike-pompeo-on-ukraine/

4 hours ago, toast said:

The claims:

The facts.

Did Watchdog an expenses analysis for #45 already? No? Too much work? I mean, they try to put a blame on Pelosi because of 2.1M over a 2-year period, well, that's quite ridiculous. A quick check for some of #45`s fun travel expenses will give the real picture.

Example:

Thats 13.6M in one month.

A....i don't  click on links that don't show where they came from 

B....Whether you like it or not Trump is the POTUS and can't travel commercially or even regular private aircraft. But Pelosi can, she could even pay herself for private transport. She just chooses not to. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Trump blasts ‘Democrat savages’ after launch of impeachment inquiry :lol:

President Trump laced into Democratic lawmakers Saturday, ripping them as  “do nothings” and “savages.” “Can you imagine if these Do Nothing Democrat Savages, people like Nadler, Schiff, AOC Plus 3, and many more, had a Republican Party who would have done to Obama what the Do Nothings are doing to me,” he said. “Oh well, maybe next time!” “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!” he added in a follow up tweet, that comes days after Dem leaders announced an impeachment inquiry.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/28/trump-blasts-democrat-savages-after-launch-of-impeachment-inquiry/

Trump raises nearly $15M since launch of impeachment probe

President Trump has raised nearly $15 million since House Democratic leaders announced their intention to impeach him, according to son Eric Trump. “We have now raised almost $15 million in small dollar donations (including 50,000 NEW donors) since @SpeakerPelosi started this impeachment charade 72 hrs ago!” he tweeted Friday evening. “Unbelievable numbers!! Keep it going — you and the dems are handing @realDonaldTrump the win in 2020!”

Read more: https://nypost.com/2019/09/28/eric-trump-claims-dad-raised-nearly-15m-since-launch-of-impeachment-probe/

• Like 2