Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop

BrooklynGuy

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well the problem isn't that he called for an investigation. It's that he ordered aid stopped to the nation he wanted to start an investigation.

Whoa… I said specifically that I refer to the transcript evidence only.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here is what I see, Raymo. I see a good president watching out for America's best interests by routing out criminals from the American political process.

Well that proves it, alternative universes do exist!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

All the actors on both sides of this charade are scumbags, what a waste of tax dollars. 

Donald "The Deal Maker" Trump, Elijah "Boo Boo" Cummings and Adam "Poindexter" Schiff in the yard: :lol:

What would it take to impeach Donald Trump? Here's how the constitutional process works

President Donald Trump now faces a formal impeachment inquiry. But that doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll be removed from office. Impeachment, embedded in the constitution, is a lengthy, complicated process. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, under pressure from some Democrats to start impeachment proceedings, announced Tuesday the opening of an impeachment inquiry against Trump amid revelations he urged Ukraine to investigate his political rival, Joe Biden. Pelosi understands the challenges Democrats face in proceeding with impeachment proceedings and has spent months trying to swat away such talk whenever it comes up.

Read more: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/09/24/trump-congress-what-is-an-impeachment-inquiry/2430212001/

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

All the actors on both sides of this charade are scumbags, what a waste of tax dollars. 

Donald "The Deal Maker" Trump, Elijah "Boo Boo" Cummings and Adam "Poindexter" Schiff in the yard: :lol:

I did like that movie. It's on Prime, too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

for dirt on a political rival

So Hunter Biden has thrown his hat in the ring? Or do you think his Dad was involved?

• Like 2

Hope I didn't miss all the fun. (heard news late last nite) So Nancy needs a full house vote to start legitimate impeachment proceedings. Is she even close? Just came over from Yahoo news. Top story-celebs cheering. Not sure Hollywood understands this is an inquiry.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bed of chaos said:

Not sure Hollywood understands this is an inquiry

The things Hollywood doesn't understand are legion!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, skliss said:

The things Hollywood doesn't understand are legion!

Most actors are idiots without a script.  Many times I've been disappointed watching my favorites on a talk show and seeing how empty headed they are when forced to speak on their own.

• Like 6

Oops

The White House on Wednesday inadvertently sent out its GOP talking points on President Trump's Ukrainian phone call to House Democrats.

Aaron Fritschner, the communications director for Rep. Don Beyer (D-Va.), said that "numerous Dem colleagues" received the email at 11:22 a.m., followed by a White House request to recall the email at 12:02 p.m. Fritschner said Beyer's office doesn't do email recalls.

The administration's snafu on the talking points for Republicans, which were quickly shared online, was also confirmed by Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/463013-white-house-inadvertently-sends-ukraine-talking-points-to-democrats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Using an foreign intelligence service for private political ends?  Yes,it's quite illegal, and treasonous in certain circumstances in the USA.  There are in fact about 6 specific laws such an act is in breach of as far as I am aware.  That is why Pelosi is calling for an impeachment to begin, despite her previous reticence.

Umm.. foreign intelligence services ? What have I missed ? He phoned the president of the Ukraine ? 

• Like 1

OK folks, I'm obviously being VERY dense here. 

Despite all this "to and fro", I've yet to hear what US laws he has broken ? 

I mean, I can see that his actions might be regarded as immoral.. but... what actual LAW has he broken ? 

Incidently, are you all happy with the concept that - in future - all presidential discussions with foreign leaders can be revealed by a subpoena ? 

The Democrats have opened Pandora's box, in my opinion. 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm not convinced there is some "4D chess" going on but there is a possibility this list of talking points was sent to Dems deliberately. I'm trying to imagine how someone in the WH, presumably using Microsoft Outlook, could send an internal memo to "numerous Democrats" in error. It must have been sent to a previously created group of addresses by accident as adding Democrat email addresses individually before hitting "send" seems unlikely. Unless of course you wanted those people to see it. 

"Incompetence" is always the default answer when it comes to Government mistakes.

• Like 2

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

I'm not convinced there is some "4D chess" going on but there is a possibility this list of talking points was sent to Dems deliberately. I'm trying to imagine how someone in the WH, presumably using Microsoft Outlook, could send an internal memo to "numerous Democrats" in error. It must have been sent to a previously created group of addresses by accident as adding Democrat email addresses individually before hitting "send" seems unlikely. Unless of course you wanted those people to see it. 

"Incompetence" is always the default answer when it comes to Government mistakes.

I'm guessing it was a some default email group that it was sent to by mistake. WH is scrambling today. Probably won't be the last mistake.

• Like 4

I have to say, I'm reminded sometimes of a story I was told about a Japanese warrior battle.  I'll call the 1st warrior A....A was the champion of the land, beat all comers and a source of pride and reputation for him was that he used a sword as long as his own body to vanquish challengers. Warrior B claimed he could best Warrior A easily. Challenge used and accepted. On the day of the fight,  Warrior A and his precious sword waited over an hour for Warrior B to show up. To add injury to insult, Warrior B didn't bring a sword, he brought a boat oar he had widdled into the shape of a sword and it was 2 to 3 feet longer than Warror A's famous sword. A was so completely aggitated that B was able to cut him down and gut him in 3 moves.

Trump has them so agitated and discombobulated they've been making mistake after mistake for 3 years. I cant see it ending any time soon. 

Edited by skliss
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, skliss said:

I have to say, I'm reminded sometimes of a story I was told about a Japanese warrior battle.  I'll call the 1st warrior A....A was the champion of the land, beat all comers and a source of pride and reputation for him was that he used a sword as long as his own body to vanquish challengers. Warrior B claimed he could best Warrior A easily. Challenge used and accepted. On the day of the fight,  Warrior A and his precious sword waited over an hour for Warrior B to show up. To add injury to insult, Warrior B didn't bring a sword, he brought a boat oar he had widdled into the shape of a sword and it was 2 to 3 feet longer than Warror A's famous sword. A was so completely aggitated that B was able to cut him down and gut him in 3 moves.

Trump has them so agitated and discombobulated they've been making mistake after mistake for 3 years. I cant see it ending any time soon. 

You give trump WAAAAY too much credit

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You give trump WAAAAY too much credit

Maybe you don't give him enough. I see a lot of chickens-running-around-with-their-heads-cut-off type behaviour but I see Trump still in office and working away. I also saw a Nancy Pelosi who looks sick to her stomach as she was speaking. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, skliss said:

Maybe you don't give him enough. I see a lot of chickens-running-around-with-their-heads-cut-off type behaviour but I see Trump still in office and working away. I also saw a Nancy Pelosi who looks sick to her stomach as she was speaking. 

Ya, she thinks impeachment will go nowhere and I think she is right. And I think she perceives it will help Trump in 2002. Maybe

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, skliss said:

He's not some master strategist. He just has the unyielding support of his base of yokels who will stand by him no matter what. He has no carefully crafted plan. He just spouts **** out of his twitter feed whenever he desires. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

He just has the unyielding support of his base of yokels who will stand by him no matter what.

Why is that?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Ignorance? Pure idiocy? Idolatry l, even?

You tell me.

I didn't make the claim.

Your question marks imply that you don't know but your original statement showed no such doubt.  You stated flatly that "he has the unyielding support of his base of yokels who will stand by him no matter what. "  If you're so sure then can you please explain what makes them so loyal?  "no matter what" is pretty absolute and no one has a way of knowing if it's true.   Perhaps he just hasn't done the thing that will push them away. 

Edited by Big Jim
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Using an foreign intelligence service for private political ends?  Yes,it's quite illegal, and treasonous in certain circumstances in the USA.  There are in fact about 6 specific laws such an act is in breach of as far as I am aware.  That is why Pelosi is calling for an impeachment to begin, despite her previous reticence.

What is impeachable is using aid to pressure a leader to start an investigation of a U.S politician.

Asking for an investigation is in itself not illegal. (Immoral? Yes)

If the aid being used as a tool can be proven then Trump will be impeached. If the aid being used can not be proven then Trump will not be impeached.

Time will tell.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

OK folks, I'm obviously being VERY dense here. 

Despite all this "to and fro", I've yet to hear what US laws he has broken ? 

I mean, I can see that his actions might be regarded as immoral.. but... what actual LAW has he broken ? 

Incidently, are you all happy with the concept that - in future - all presidential discussions with foreign leaders can be revealed by a subpoena ? 

The Democrats have opened Pandora's box, in my opinion. 

If it can be proven that Trump witheld aid to pressure Ukraine to investigate then that would be impeachable. 

It counts a bribery. (One of the three in the Constitution?

Everything else you hear are just people talking. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

I didn't make the claim.

Your question marks imply that you don't know but your original statement showed no such doubt.  You stated flatly that "he has the unyielding support of his base of yokels who will stand by him no matter what. "  If you're so sure then can you please explain what makes them so loyal?  "no matter what" is pretty absolute and no one has a way of knowing if it's true.   Perhaps he just hasn't done the thing that will push them away. 

I'm not defending a ****ing thesis here. Ypu know damn well his feversnt base will not stray. Just look at the mouth breathers here who shoot and holler anytime gomer acts like a buffoon. 

• Like 1