Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pelosi’s impeachment flip-flop

BrooklynGuy

5 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Umm.. foreign intelligence services ? What have I missed ? He phoned the president of the Ukraine ? 

Did you think the Ukranian President was going to put on his Sherlock Holmes hat and pull out his magnifying glass?  Who exactly do you think would do the investigating for the President of the country?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Here is what I see, Raymo. I see a good president watching out for America's best interests by routing out criminals from the American political process.

Are you suggesting that he is going to take himself out?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, skliss said:

So Hunter Biden has thrown his hat in the ring? Or do you think his Dad was involved?

To be fair, if you get dirt on a candidates kid, you have leverage on the candidate.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

The Democrats have opened Pandora's box, in my opinion. 

President Trump has also forged into unknown territory.  The next Democratic President can totally ignore any demands from Congress and tell all of his aids not to testify.  Then he can reverse all of the executive orders and put us back where we were before Trump tool office.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, skliss said:

I have to say, I'm reminded sometimes of a story I was told about a Japanese warrior battle.  I'll call the 1st warrior A....A was the champion of the land, beat all comers and a source of pride and reputation for him was that he used a sword as long as his own body to vanquish challengers. Warrior B claimed he could best Warrior A easily. Challenge used and accepted. On the day of the fight,  Warrior A and his precious sword waited over an hour for Warrior B to show up. To add injury to insult, Warrior B didn't bring a sword, he brought a boat oar he had widdled into the shape of a sword and it was 2 to 3 feet longer than Warror A's famous sword. A was so completely aggitated that B was able to cut him down and gut him in 3 moves.

That was Miyamoto Musashi, who wrote a strategy book called The Book of Five Rings.  He was considered by many to be the one of the best swordsman in Japanese history.  The guy he beat was Sasaki Kojiro.

• Thanks 1

I don’t know why he is just starting to look into Biden and his so.. hellloooo, Hillary has been right here , corrupted as all hell and wiggling out of everything thrown at her.... Should have started with her first.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm not defending a ****ing thesis here. Ypu know damn well his feversnt base will not stray. Just look at the mouth breathers here who shoot and holler anytime gomer acts like a buffoon. 

I know no such thing.  I tend to shy away from predictions, it's the surest way to be wrong.  This little group can hardly be used to draw conclusions on a national scale.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ya, she thinks impeachment will go nowhere and I think she is right. And I think she perceives it will help Trump in 2002. Maybe

More than that I think she realizes how much more this will fracture the country.

I think she wanted to beat Trump in an election, not tear everything apart.    Maybe I am just a sad sack, but I can't see a benefit for the country in this. A simple recession would have been a lot easier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LucidElement said:

I don’t know why he is just starting to look into Biden and his so.. hellloooo, Hillary has been right here , corrupted as all hell and wiggling out of everything thrown at her.... Should have started with her first.

That is the first symptom of trump derangement. The inability to let go of a 25 year obsession with Hillary.  The fact that she made the Republican investigators look like fools still galls you. This is a unhealthy obsession. She lost, trump won. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Well, he wouldn't need a foreign country to do that for him.  He has his own DOJ and white house staff to investigate anything or anybody he wants.

In 2.5 a half years, that hasn't happened. Is it because she was unethical but not illegal?  I wonder about that myself.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

What is impeachable is using aid to pressure a leader to start an investigation of a U.S politician.

I believe the Ukraine prez has already said he was not pressured. the transcript appears to back up that contention.

Asking for an investigation is in itself not illegal. (Immoral? Yes)

under certain circumstances asking for an investigation is quite proper.

If the aid being used as a tool can be proven then Trump will be impeached. If the aid being used can not be proven then Trump will not be impeached.

Time will tell.

Well, I disagree but at this point, there appears to be no quid pro quo

39 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, he wouldn't need a foreign country to do that for him.  He has his own DOJ and white house staff to investigate anything or anybody he wants.

In 2.5 a half years, that hasn't happened. Is it because she was unethical but not illegal?  I wonder about that myself.

I would have no idea how DoJ could investigate anything in Ukraine. they can't lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

More than that I think she realizes how much more this will fracture the country.

I think she wanted to beat Trump in an election, not tear everything apart.    Maybe I am just a sad sack, but I can't see a benefit for the country in this. A simple recession would have been a lot easier.

Nothing's really changed. She given formal recognition of what was already occurring and that's all. There won't be a vote to impeach until she's absolutely certain she has enough Democrats on board. A failed vote would a humiliating PR disaster. Three things are holding her back: Not enough votes, the majority of the American people are against it and absolute certainty of failure in the Senate. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Are you suggesting that he is going to take himself out?

Dutch, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I would have no idea how DoJ could investigate anything in Ukraine. they can't lol

fbi is under doj,  right?

The FBI operates in over 65 countries and its mission is to lead FBI global operations to identify and eliminate threats to the US. Through Legal Attaché offices, or Legats, FBI personnel work with host country agencies to jointly investigate crimes affecting US citizens and interests.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well thats kind of the point with Hillary, investigations could be in the US with plenty of staff.  No need to send Rudy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Well, I disagree but at this point, there appears to be no quid pro quo

Ukrainian president: “about the military aid...”

Trump: “I’m gonna need you to do a favor for me, though

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Trump: "I'll sweeten you a deal, Ivanka, my lovely daughter who I'm sure you know will be over for a weekend, and go over the minor details with you, she's a terrific girl... She's very smart too, did I mention that she'll do anything, I mean anything, to make this work "

~

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Ukrainian president: "Let me guess; you want us to give your son a job, too."

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Joseph Maguire to be grilled on Capitol Hill in next step of impeachment inquiry

The next phase of the impeachment inquiry into President Trump will take place Thursday when the embattled acting director of National Intelligence testifies on Capitol Hill. Lawmakers will grill spymaster Joseph Maguire over his weeks-long delay in turning over a whistleblower complaint to Congress, leading once-cautious House Democrats to launch an impeachment inquiry and igniting a political firestorm. Rep. Jim Himes (D-Conn.) predicted the open hearing “will probably be waste of time,” since the sensitive substance of the complaint can’t be discussed in public.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/joseph-maguire-to-be-grilled-on-capitol-hill-in-next-step-of-impeachment-inquiry/

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

President Trump has also forged into unknown territory.  The next Democratic President can totally ignore any demands from Congress and tell all of his aids not to testify.  Then he can reverse all of the executive orders and put us back where we were before Trump tool office.

This is going to be a fun yo yo process every time the office changes parties....

• Like 2

New protocol for new presidents. 

1. Monday morning: Give oath of office
  2. Monday afternoon: Acceptance Speech
  3. Tuesday morning: Face impeachment proceedings. 
11 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Did you think the Ukranian President was going to put on his Sherlock Holmes hat and pull out his magnifying glass?  Who exactly do you think would do the investigating for the President of the country?

I've submitted the above post - and it's predecessor - to extensive mineralogical, chemical, and syntactical analysis, including use of a Mass Spectrometer and an MRI scanner. 

The scientific conclusion of this is that it contains no sense whatsoever ! 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Show me in the transcript where this is implied. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

New protocol for new presidents. 

1. Monday morning: Give oath of office
  2. Monday afternoon: Acceptance Speech
  3. Tuesday morning: Face impeachment proceedings. 

I've submitted the above post - and it's predecessor - to extensive mineralogical, chemical, and syntactical analysis, including use of a Mass Spectrometer and an MRI scanner. 

The scientific conclusion of this is that it contains no sense whatsoever ! 

That is priceless and so true. :lol:;)

Edited by BrooklynGuy