Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Boxing legend claims that the Earth is flat

UM-Bot

5 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Thats what happens when you are punched in the head a gazillion times.

He had some sense knocked in to him. Long live the flat/frisbee/disc/donut shaped Earth

• Haha 4

I hope he does book a flight on Richard Branson's first tour.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

It's honestly hard for me to believe that anyone TRULY thinks the Earth is flat. I think most of the time they're just contrarians looking for attention. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

He is talking trash. He has been looking over too many landfilled sites. 

• Like 1

So I guess this person doesn't get as much attention as he'd like, so he says stupid things in hopes that it makes him more interesting.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2

I'm waiting to hear Audrey Harrison's views on the subject. 

So, I can be very aggressive but just a little confused right now, so I'll be gentle.

What is the deal with these "Flat-earther's"???

From what I've been able to ascertain, they are stuck in certain Old Testament verses in the Bible.

Would that be correct?

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

It's honestly hard for me to believe that anyone TRULY thinks the Earth is flat. I think most of the time they're just contrarians looking for attention. 

23 minutes ago, pallidin said:

So, I can be very aggressive but just a little confused right now, so I'll be gentle.

Start with the assumption that everything NASA says or has said is a lie. You are now half way to becoming a Flat Earther. Yes, people really, truly believe in the FE model. Some are trolling, some are curious, many  are die-hard believers.

• Like 2

cookies are round , and flat at the same time.    maybe that's how the earth is like.

There are flat Earthers all around the globe......

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, lightly said:

cookies are round , and flat at the same time.    maybe that's how the earth is like.

The earth is a cookie and mountains are chocolate chips. I bet the ocean is really made of milk and the moon is a cheese puff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, pallidin said:

From what I've been able to ascertain, they are stuck in certain Old Testament verses in the Bible.

Would that be correct?

Nah, from what I've seen it's not a religious thing. It seems to be people being under the delusion that there's some sort of Science Cabal that falsifies information in order to control the population or some nonsense (or at least they pretend to).

So they are like, if they (or their Youtuber of choice) hasn't seen something with their own eyes, they can't trust any information about it that comes from books or any other source, since all of it *could* be just a lie by "big science"

• Like 2

If you get hit in the head often enough you will get so you might believe in most anything. Repeated concussions are not good for cognitive thought.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, acute said:

Has anyone ever looked underneath our flat Earth? I bet it needs a bloody good clean on the bottom.

I would get one of those good oven cleaning companies in, they are very good... 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, lightly said:

Yes, sitting on a the back of a giant turtle out in space.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think it's just a matter of the cheesy cgi pictures nasa releases and calls photos of earth. Its true that they all vary greatly over the years and are incredibly corny. Its not hard to see fakeness... Guess the wondering why leads some to mistrust. It just takes a little leap of stupidity to guess that this is what the secret is, and maybe a little faith in the bible. Personally I do think its a shame that we can wholly photograph various other planets but not our own without heavily altered cartoonish results. Something is a bit off about that.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I think it's just a matter of the cheesy cgi pictures nasa releases and calls photos of earth. Its true that they all vary greatly over the years and are incredibly corny. Its not hard to see fakeness... Guess the wondering why leads some to mistrust. It just takes a little leap of stupidity to guess that this is what the secret is, and maybe a little faith in the bible. Personally I do think its a shame that we can wholly photograph various other planets but not our own without heavily altered cartoonish results. Something is a bit off about that.

Nonsense. The most photographed planet in the solar system is, and will be, the Earth. And I dont know what source you use but the images are far away from corny. As you are a beginner in the field and I`m a nice guy, I recommend you to follow ESA astronaut Paolo Nespoli (who is a nice guy as well, I met him 5 years ago) on flickr, where you will find hundreds of very sharp and detailed images of the Earth.

Edited by toast
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nnicolette said:

I think it's just a matter of the cheesy cgi pictures nasa releases and calls photos of earth. Its true that they all vary greatly over the years and are incredibly corny. Its not hard to see fakeness...

Prove just one of them is fake.. just one.You  won't manage it because they aren't. The fact that you are incapable of telling truth from lies does not make your drivel fact.

• Like 1

Some 100% real photos look 'CGI'. A fast shutter speed picture of a water droplet, for example. A time lapse of the Aurora Borealis. A bubble popping in an extreme slow motion video. A picture of a tardigrade. In fact, anything that isn't part of everyday experience or observation looks 'CGI' because we never see such things in our daily lives. Fact is, we have all sorts of cameras and instruments that can record images WAY beyond what the human eye can perceive. Just because it doesn't look like how you see things, doesn't mean it isn't real. Our eyes and brains work together to give us images of the world, and they are very, VERY flawed. Really, it's our raw perceptions that are 'fake', not scientific images.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 1