Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Caspian Hare

Woman bites camel at a truck stop

The Caspian Hare

https://www.wdsu.com/article/the-camel-did-nothing-wrong-woman-bites-creature-at-truck-stop-zoo-police-say/29192984

Iberville Parish Sheriff's officials told The Advocate on Sunday that the Florida woman's husband had been throwing treats to their dog under the camel's fence. Their dog went into the enclosure and the woman crawled under barbed wire to retrieve the pet.

“It was just crazy,” Pamela Bossier, manager of the Tiger Truck Stop, told The Washington Post on Monday, “to the point of, why would somebody do that?"

That's when the 600-pound camel sat on her. She told deputies she bit the camel to free herself.

"She said, ‘I bit his balls to get him off of me, I bit his testicles to get him off of me,'” Iberville Parish Deputy Louis Hamilton Jr. said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Stiff

That's her story and she's sticking to it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OverSword
48 minutes ago, The Caspian Hare said:

Florida woman

^_^

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Piney
17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

^_^

I was just about to say that! :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

lightly

Good thinking.   Whatever works ?   ..Not a lot of options when a camel is sitting on your face ?

Edited by lightly
  • Haha 1

freetoroam
9 hours ago, lightly said:

Good thinking.   Whatever works ?   ..Not a lot of options when a camel is sitting on your face ?

No, just plain stupid

Florida woman's husband had been throwing treats to their dog under the camel's fence. Their dog went into the enclosure and the woman crawled under barbed wire to retrieve the pet.

Hope she gets done for abusing the camel. Shame there is not a law against STUPID IDIOTS, there so needs to be one.

BUT talking about animal abuse

The Tiger Truck Stop has been holding exotic animals as roadside attractions for decades, and PETA has been working to free them for just as long. 

Tony the tiger spent 17 sad years confined to a cage at the truck stop while PETA, our friends at the Animal Legal Defense Fund, and many other animal advocates worked to get him transferred to a sanctuary. In 2017, the gas station’s owner had him euthanized as a result of his failing health

https://www.peta.org/blog/woman-bites-camel-testicles-tiger-truck-stop/

Two wrongs do not make a right.

The place shoud not be keeping these animals, what chance do the animals have when they are held like this and being visited by idiots? 

• Like 1

lightly
4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

No, just plain stupid

Hope she gets done for abusing the camel. Shame there is not a law against STUPID IDIOTS, there so needs to be one.

BUT talking about animal abuse

Two wrongs do not make a right.

The place shoud not be keeping these animals, what chance do the animals have when they are held like this and being visited by idiots? 

I completely agree free. the people were being stupid.   but..  The first thing I thought is.....{{{ What's with this truck stop keeping a camel ?}}}

roadside businesses sometimes used to keep some sort of "attraction".    [ See the Alligator!! ]  there is a tarantula in a small fish tank at this tiny store/cafe we visit in the desert.    Cruel.

• Thanks 1