Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guernsey fisherman records footage of UFO

UM-Bot

Well his video gives no reference to how it’s actually moving. 

But my guess would be an aircraft flying towards him and then turning and flying more adjacent to him. 

The more solid light at the start and the apparent strobes at the end are suggestive of a regular aircraft.

Also, he doesn’t seem worried. I think he left because of no fish rather than really thinking he was witnessing a UFO. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hmmm.. don't know what to make of that. The video is very poor.. it's difficult to know what we are looking at. It's night-time, so there are no background objects to give any perspective. 

Very strange ! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Timothy said:

Well his video gives no reference to how it’s actually moving. 

But my guess would be an aircraft flying towards him and then turning and flying more adjacent to him. 

The more solid light at the start and the apparent strobes at the end are suggestive of a regular aircraft.

Also, he doesn’t seem worried. I think he left because of no fish rather than really thinking he was witnessing a UFO. 

Agreed there is b***** all to go on. We need to know the precise time and location to know what it is. Ie check civilian/military flight plans , satellite etc.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow, I'm not quite sure what that could be at all tbh. At first I thought it might've been an insect due to it's movement. As Timothy said, the guy didn't seem concerned at all. The other issue is, there's nothing else to see in the video to get an idea of how big the actual object is at all either, so that makes it rather difficult. :(

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Its plausible that it could be a star. The phone/camera isn't exactly still.

Good point T.W.A.T...omg I was typing your initials to shorten your name :o 

Gathers self....Yes, the phone/camera moves around far too much.   

• Haha 4

Just to add, the island has a relatively busy aerodrome with an east-west runway configuration. So aircraft flying in from the north and towards the bay the guy was fishing in would adjust heading at about the distance it seemed to be in the video. Turn east or west depending on the wind. 

F58AB908-72EE-4BE4-A44F-A64C0DC4C4BE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

Good point T.W.A.T...omg I was typing your initials to shorten your name :o 

Gathers self....Yes, the phone/camera moves around far too much.   

Theres a reason why I put capital letters at the beginning of each word. ^^

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anybody else disappointed but not surprised to hear no whirring noise and not see it fly away? Didn't see much in the way of spinning or rotating either come to think of it

I don't know how long he was watching for but I'm not sure I'd stop recording after just under a minute..

Considering the sighting has confirmed to him "it is obvious we are not alone in this universe" the guy is amazingly chill about the whole thing as people have already said

I'm generally a skeptic and even I got more excited than that when I briefly saw a UFO I couldn't immediately explain..

As for the footage it's way too poor to draw any conclusions (drink!).

It's allegedly moving fast but it's hard to say if that's true or if he's just shaking the camera around and failing to keep it in frame

In defense of the footage it doesn't look much like a plane to me but I'm only seeing it on a tiny screen right now so anything's possible, certainly the airport nearby lends credence to the possibility

He sure does like mentioning L'ancresse though - he won't attract many fishermen but I wonder if there'll be an uptick of ufologists to his hotel in the future!

Edited by Chewie1990
  • Like 2

I looks like them starlites that you snap and shake then attach to the end of a fishing rod when night fishing

• Like 2

it has basically zero worth as evidence of anything, UFO? sure why not, but not ET

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

"Fisherman too drunk to hold cell phone still while filming street light"

Haha you know what? I was going to say the bright line looked a bit like a street light earlier but I thought it and the distant speck were supposed to be zoomed in/out versions of the same object when i was watching on a small screen..

So it turns out the thing we're supposed to be looking at is the minuscule white dot?! I retract my "doesn't look like a plane" statement

Only spanner in the works is they dont appear to have street lights in that area, but given that we can see nothing but black sky who the hell knows where the footage was taken

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Matt221 said:

I looks like them starlites that you snap and shake then attach to the end of a fishing rod when night fishing

2 hours ago, Chewie1990 said:

Haha you know what? I was going to say the bright line looked a bit like a street light earlier but I thought it and the distant speck were supposed to be zoomed in/out versions of the same object when i was watching on a small screen..

So it turns out the thing we're supposed to be looking at is the minuscule white dot?! I retract my "doesn't look like a plane" statement

Only spanner in the works is they dont appear to have street lights in that area, but given that we can see nothing but black sky who the hell knows where the footage was taken

The thumbnail is of the glow in the dark tip of his rod. 

The video is of a distant (most likely) aircraft, and he also pans to the glowing tip of his rod too a couple of times. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...