Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gender-nuetral dolls celebrate inclusivity

Eldorado

"Even though Mattel has updated Barbie with STEM-inspired career choices and different body types, one thing Barbie has never been is gender neutral.

"Now Mattel is aiming to be more inclusive with a new line of gender-neutral dolls introduced Wednesday. They're geared toward kids who identify as gender fluid -- meaning they don't identify as having a fixed gender like male or female."

Full monty at cNet: https://www.cnet.com/news/new-mattel-gender-neutral-creatable-world-dolls-can-be-a-boy-girl-both-or-neither/

""Toys are a reflection of culture and as the world continues to celebrate the positive impact of inclusivity, we felt it was time to create a doll line free of labels," said a Mattel rep"

Full report at the Hollywood Reporter: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/mattel-releases-first-gender-neutral-doll-1243345

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe they could create dolls with interchangeable anatomy,because having none is labelling them :unsure2:

• Haha 5

I'm just gonna be honest and say that doll is ugly.  I miss the old fashioned beautiful Barbie, thank you very much.   :rolleyes:  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

the-hot-new-toy-this-christmas-is-divorc

Ken's Tip Rat friend is going to come unstuck because I really like that Barbie.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

And this why people that we cannot have nice things!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I played with cars and trucks (I'm female) and a little with dolls and played video games where most of the heroes were male and not once did I feel I was being slighted or discriminated against. For one thing I didn't give a rat's spleen whether heroes in games and movies were male and I never felt that there was this inference that females were incapable or some rot..I just played with whatever I wanted and to this day I do not feel minimized or less-than.

I would like to see society just grow up and stop forcing their twisted agendas on kids who just don't care.

• Like 1