Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

1963 Beatles signatures to be auctioned

Still Waters

Autographs of The Beatles from a time before the Fab Four took the world by storm are coming up for auction.

John, Paul, George and Ringo signed their monikers on a scrap of paper at a small gig in Whitchurch, Shropshire, on 19 January 1963.

The 16-year-old who got the autographs had gone along because she knew other singers performing that night.

The Wrexham woman left the piece of paper in a cupboard for decades. It is expected to sell for up to £3,000.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49837785

• Like 2

HandsomeGorilla

Likely a forgery. Complete signatures of any of these guys are extremely rare. Even Paul McCartney is outrageously expensive and he's still alive. He almost never signs autographs, none of these guys ever did, so 99% of what's on the market is fake. 

Still Waters

I was given a scrap of paper once with what I was told were the Beatles autographs. A family friend lived near Liverpool at the time and supposedly got them while the Beatles were playing at the Cavern.

I used to keep it folded up inside my autograph book, but a lot of years have passed since then and I don't even know where my book is now.