Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

A haunting in Iowa

UM-Bot

By: Jack | Location: Central City, Iowa

When I was much younger than I am today my family and I would drive back to Iowa to visit and celebrate the 4th of July with my grandparents. This was an ongoing family tradition that lasted up until the year 2001 when my grandpa lost his battle to cancer. My grandparents had moved a lot while in Iowa eventually settling down in a small house that was built in 1900 and was located in the town of Central City. It was the first and last time that we would be visiting them at their new house.

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112291/a-haunting-in-iowa

Scholar4Truth

I'm going to guess this spirit that haunts this house is connected to a possible suicide. When we factor what they saw written on the wall with the 666 and the words want to kill myself. 

papageorge1

That attic writing might tie-in with the experiences you were having but the strange energies in the house could have caused that person to lose their mental stability too. So you can't tell if that person was the chicken or the egg.

SecretSanta

The child could have gotten up and opened the door and closed the door and went back to bed, they could have pretended to be sleep. Since no one was in the room with them there is no way to say for sure.

Dogs bark at stuff, sometimes at weird stuff like their own reflection in the tv (my dog River does this often) :rolleyes:.

Houses settle and sometimes critters get into attics, this could be the reason for the sounds.

Your mom more than likely experienced sleep paralysis and a hypnopompic hallucination.

A moody, emo teen could have used the attic as a hang out spot. 

Edited by SecretSanta

Ernest

Sounds quite scary

• Like 1