Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
The Caspian Hare

Woman afraid of Wi-fi sleeps in a copper bag

Recommended Posts

The Caspian Hare

https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/woman-with-wi-fi-allergy-sleeps-in-500-copper-sleeping-bag/

A woman who claims to be allergic to Wi-Fi is asking her hometown to discontinue their wireless internet to ease her condition

Rosi Gladwell, 70, currently spends much of her time tucked inside a copper and silver thread sleeping bag, which cost her $500, to avoid electromagnetic fields (EMF) emitted by modern technology such as Wi-Fi and cellphones. She’s worried that the rollout of 5G in her current residence in the UK may cause irreversible damage to her health.

“I’m actually quite frightened about the future,” says Gladwell, who is self-diagnosed with EMF sensitivity. “At the moment, I’ve managed to make myself safe by being fortunate enough to live in a house in the countryside where there are no measured electromagnetic frequencies.”

She says, “But if they introduce 5G then I don’t know what the future will bring. It’s a really scary issue.”

  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Desertrat56

I have considered building a faraday cage to put my bed in but not because I am afraid of EMF, I just want some quiet, the wifi an other electronic noise really bothers me.  During the day when I am busy I can ignore it for the most part.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orphalesion

Wait, so she claims to have a made up disease (as far as I could find out, there's no scientific proof for EMF sensitivity) and the mayor of her town seriously considers listening to her?

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

i an other electronic noise really bothers me. 

Yeah noise pollution can be taxing, especially in a big city :(

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
30 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have considered building a faraday cage to put my bed in but not because I am afraid of EMF, I just want some quiet, the wifi an other electronic noise really bothers me.  During the day when I am busy I can ignore it for the most part.

You should look into sleep pods. They can be fairly easy to construct if you know someone with a bit of construction know-how. 

This is just fear. The big give away was 'self-diagnosed'.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

Do you recall on season one of Downton Abbey that the Dowager Dutchess was concerned about the electric wiring they had installed because of vapors?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You should look into sleep pods. They can be fairly easy to construct if you know someone with a bit of construction know-how. 

This is just fear. The big give away was 'self-diagnosed'.

Yeah, the lady in the story is in great fear.  I just have a noise issue.   I will check out the sleep pods.  If it blocks EMF/wifi noise that is good.  The farraday cage idea is very complicated and I would have to have a quick release so that I could get out of it in a hurry if I needed to.  The other thing I thought about was putting the faraday cage around the back part of the house where the bedroom is but that is impractical as well.  I know, most people can't understand but I can hear dog whistles too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, the lady in the story is in great fear.  I just have a noise issue.   I will check out the sleep pods.  If it blocks EMF/wifi noise that is good.  The farraday cage idea is very complicated and I would have to have a quick release so that I could get out of it in a hurry if I needed to.  The other thing I thought about was putting the faraday cage around the back part of the house where the bedroom is but that is impractical as well.  I know, most people can't understand but I can hear dog whistles too.

A basic sleep pod is just a box with a bed in it. Bottom would be open and two vents installed, one at the foot and the other at the head. 

Well, unless you got money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A basic sleep pod is just a box with a bed in it. Bottom would be open and two vents installed, one at the foot and the other at the head. 

Well, unless you got money.

 

Well I could see that as being useful, but it not only does not block wifi, it uses it and gives you a place to charge your phone.  Maybe my grandson could use a modified version of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

  I know, most people can't understand but I can hear dog whistles too.

i do, and so much other noise its horrid at times, my wife blames my racy brain.

The OP, this isnt like saying shes being harassed by a demon or aliens come to see her with bigfoot, we know EMFs are real and somewhere there could be a person whose brain wiring is sensitive to them.

however, her self diagnosis doesnt prove to me that is her issue or only issue.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Quote

She says, “But if they introduce 5G then I don’t know what the future will bring. It’s a really scary issue.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/27/woman-with-wi-fi-allergy-sleeps-in-500-copper-sleeping-bag/

It would bring her faster broadband so she can get herself some new trousers online.

wifi-allergy2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam

I am (sensitive) to noise. I can not have the tv in the bedroom on standby because the faint hum gets on my nerves. 

I have a mild case of Hyperacusis

Quote

Hyperacusis is a hearing disorder that makes it hard to deal with everyday sounds. If you have it, certain sounds may seem unbearably loud even though people around you don't seem to notice them.

https://www.webmd.com/brain/sound-sensitivity-hyperacusis

I do not get stressed anymore, but certain noises, especially electrical humming is annoying. During the day I can cope fine, but at night it gets on my nerves.

shame I am not a believer in ghosts, they would not need any EVP devices with me around, I could pick up exactly where the mouse, sorry, ghost is at.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
the13bats

hum, what a mind engaging thread,

i never thought of it as an actual "disorder" or affliction,

like rat i do hear stuff that many people do not hear or tune out ignore and some is rather annoying reminds me of when i first heard of the Taos hum phenomonon, which i now believe isnt just one thing fits all, in my case i dont rule out "ear" issues but its not all thats going on with me,

of the flip side i have to have a background sound like TV  which is playing old recorded shows, docs or movies or in the basement i turn on an old small boombox to classic rock, which is annoying in a different way they play the same songs same artists over and over ad Nauseam,  but i need that stuff on to then tune it out to do whatever im trying to do, i used to sleep with a TV and CB both on low volume but on.

EMFs excite the brain it then tries to compensate, i would believe this can effect some people more than others.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the13bats
10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

She says, “But if they introduce 5G then I don’t know what the future will bring. It’s a really scary issue.”

that stood out to me, that unjustified fear of the unknown, it might make her life horrorble or might have no effect, or just the suggestion might do a psychosomatic type thing, which in her case i believe the latter will happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
10 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I am (sensitive) to noise. I can not have the tv in the bedroom on standby because the faint hum gets on my nerves. 

I have a mild case of Hyperacusis

https://www.webmd.com/brain/sound-sensitivity-hyperacusis

I do not get stressed anymore, but certain noises, especially electrical humming is annoying. During the day I can cope fine, but at night it gets on my nerves.

shame I am not a believer in ghosts, they would not need any EVP devices with me around, I could pick up exactly where the mouse, sorry, ghost is at.

I think most people in our family have this, but it is not sensitivity, it is above average hearing, and an inability to filter out certain types of noise (high pitched hums of electrical equipment and EMF types like wifi).  My grandson has been diagnosed as autistic because it is now considered a cognitive disorder.  I am not sure I believe EVP is ghosts, but some people think so.  All that I have heard are subjective translations of electronic noise, like hearing music in the fan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

hum, what a mind engaging thread,

i never thought of it as an actual "disorder" or affliction,

like rat i do hear stuff that many people do not hear or tune out ignore and some is rather annoying reminds me of when i first heard of the Taos hum phenomonon, which i now believe isnt just one thing fits all, in my case i dont rule out "ear" issues but its not all thats going on with me,

of the flip side i have to have a background sound like TV  which is playing old recorded shows, docs or movies or in the basement i turn on an old small boombox to classic rock, which is annoying in a different way they play the same songs same artists over and over ad Nauseam,  but i need that stuff on to then tune it out to do whatever im trying to do, i used to sleep with a TV and CB both on low volume but on.

EMFs excite the brain it then tries to compensate, i would believe this can effect some people more than others.

Wow, like you, I don't think it is a disorder or affliction, but I like quiet when I sleep.  The best sleep I get is in the mountains where there is no signals.  Once I camped at Chaco with my friend for a weekend. We had no phone service and there was no radio waves in that area.  I slept really well.  I remember we were both so tired we went to sleep just after dark, then I was awakened by the emf noise about 30 seconds before my friend's phone pinged.  The satellite was in the right position for about 5 minutes for us to get our texts that had backed up over the previous 24 hours.  Then it was out of range and we went back to sleep.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth
11 hours ago, freetoroam said:

It would bring her faster broadband so she can get herself some new trousers online.

wifi-allergy2.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w

 

She looks like she is still stuck in the 1960's with that sort of Hippy look.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
53 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

She looks like she is still stuck in the 1960's with that sort of Hippy look.

She looks like she is wasting away and wearing extra clothes to cover up the fact that she is bone thin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
13 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

She looks like she is still stuck in the 1960's with that sort of Hippy look.

I believe her problems go far deeper than her dress sense and hearing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.