Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I accidentally called myself ?

UM-Bot

Well, there could be a technical reason for what happened like a recorded playback or something.

On another forum I hear plenty of 'glitch in the matrix' stories where the universe does things that do not fit into our normal linear understanding of time and action. Could your anxiety over waiting for the call prompted something like that?

I am one that thinks reality is consciousness created (as opposed to physically created) so my theory opens a universe of possibilities for the unexpected. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like a recording got played back. I�ve had this happen to me before on older land lines, multiple times actually.

• Like 2

I can remember dialing my own number intentionally, back in the day.  It actually went through and made the phone ring.  That was in the 60s though...

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, and then said:

I can remember dialing my own number intentionally, back in the day.  It actually went through and made the phone ring.  That was in the 60s though...

You must have had a party line. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, when gadgets like phones are involved i expect all kinds of odd things are possible, weird, odd, not paranormal,

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 12:58 PM, the13bats said:

Sorry, when gadgets like phones are involved i expect all kinds of odd things are possible, weird, odd, not paranormal,

Well, that was a local phone line. There shouldn't be anything more complex behind than a mini-PBX system, like Panasonic KX-TEB (which I have in my house). The communication unit of these is always analogue, just a bunch of relays, and call recording is usually an optional add-on. I don't imagine anything more complex in a high school 8 years ago. So, frankly I don't know. Sounds more like a prank to me. Or indeed a call from the minute ago.

Edited by Chaldon