Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sports fan asks for beer money raises $1m

Still Waters

When American football fan Carson King cheekily held up a sign on TV asking for people to send him money to buy beer, he didn't expect to receive a cent.

Now, just over a week on, he's raised more than a $1m (£800,000) and is donating the funds to a children's hospital.

"I was hoping to make a couple people laugh! I never expected to be on TV, and definitely did not except anyone to send any money," he told Sky News.

https://news.sky.com/story/sports-fan-asks-for-beer-money-and-ends-up-raising-1m-for-childrens-hospital-11817898

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Now that's what is called a beer evangelist 's calling... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Thanks for the link XF, very happy to see this pile of sh!t Aaron Calvin get a big dose of his own hypocritical medicine, props to Carson King for donating all that money to charity and great job by the Examiner.

25 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Thanks for the link XF, very happy to see this pile of sh!t Aaron Calvin get a big dose of his own hypocritical medicine, props to Carson King for donating all that money to charity and great job by the Examiner.

When I saw what he did I was like "That's awesome" then the smear campaign I was like "wtf seriously?". This cancel culture has to stop. 

• Like 2

So the sanctimonious reporter dug up some rude 8-year-old tweets to embarrass the guy, and then people on the net turned the tables and did the same to the reporter

Talk about being hoist by your own petard.

We fought in the comment section of Twitter. We fought in retweets and ratios. We fought because we bullied the bullies and we won.

"We will fight in the Twitter, we will fight on the message boards, we will fight in the comments sections! We will never surrender!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We all do stupid stuff in the past we regret, but this stupid reporter wanted to take it and use it for some SJW political crap to try and smear the good action Carson performed.

• Like 1