Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"The Descent" species in caves?

acdrnx

Can it be that in the caves under wales (dan yr ogof cave nationalpark?) in wales live a unknown species? A crawler like species like in the movie the descent. There is a eyewitness:

“I had the house to myself for the weekend and had let the dog out the back to pee pretty late in the night. I’d gone out with her to have a look at the stars and moon seeing as it was clear for once, pretty rare in Wales. A few minutes later I hear low growling noise, it’s the dog. She was on the patio, with a defensive stance and growling up at the roof, which was strange enough seeing as I’d never heard her growl in years. 

I look up where she’s looking and the best way to describe it would be as a large but skinny creature. It looked like a human from the silhouette I could see, but hunched on all fours, a large bulbous head maybe twice the size of a man’s and limbs that seemed have an extra joint or very long hands. It walked from one end of the roof to the other and I got the distinct impression that it was looking at me. I pretty much shat myself, dragged the dog inside and locked the doors and windows. The dog insisted on staying in my room that night, and she would lift her head up anytime there was an odd scratching noise from the attic.

Never saw anything like that again after that night, dog went back to never staying in my room and all was well. It just creeped me out something fierce, especially since it looked so solid, like an actual thing and not a ghost or whatever.”

https://paranormal.blogberth.com/2018/02/05/regular-27/

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Wow wiki says it wasn't explored until 1912

Awesome-looking cave, regardless

Dan-Yr-Ogof-Cascade-Aven-Video.jpg&f=1&n

• Like 3

Not sure why the connection to the descent creatures who were cut like kmart models with primitive batish looking heads.

The story is just another ancedote with actually zero evidence, stories are not evidence, eyewitness accounts are notoriously unreliable, and this tale sounds a lot like the dover demon, perhaps it went to visit.

th(13).jpg.e459f02a11faf59d06d437f87b75a690.jpg

i thought DD came from something misidentified and embelished by existed young people loving the attention, however

for me when i weigh in this threads story as a whole its likely made up, because if real its cant hide for long  i know blind true believers are getting their tar and feathers ready for me for saying i dont believe stories, keep in mind i would love proof im wrong.

If a person knows of the made up creatures in the "descent" films and their behavior, they were real nasties then no, i doubt there are any creatures like that anywhere, but i do find the idea of smaller nasties living all down in caves intriguing,

in the 70s the orginal "Dont be affraid of the dark" really scared me with what i see now as comical creatures,

5d2e0a5a50afc_DontBeAfraidOfTheDark1973.jpg.a44470372e54870fac08c3d19abfa884.jpg

rasin heads with fur suits sold by the tailor who made pattys for patterson, look you can see muscle movements.

the remake of DBAOTD gave backstory to the creatures and while i found it odd they had a craving for human teeth it did open distrubing doors, and they were small and special powers aside not zoological impossible,

okay, coming back down to reality i guess the most new creatures found in caves will amount to small boring worm type things, anything living down in the dark wont need eyes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i know blind true believers are getting their tar and feathers ready for me for saying i dont believe stories

So you don't believe "stories". Fine.

54 minutes ago, the13bats said:

rasin heads with fur suits sold by the tailor who made pattys for patterson,

The only evidence that a tailor made patty's fur suit is the tailor's STORY.

Pfffft. :td:

• Like 1

When you are very tired and in bad light things can look monstrous.

I have driven home after work and seen strange creatures crouched by the road side that turned out to be a tree stump.

Unless she is lying for attention I am quite sure this person saw something.

Maybe a large cat or a deer...

Who knows eh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I love it when those that have nothing but pathetic stories discount stories. That's just an epic failure on your part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

No, im not a gullible, naive blind faither who believes every "story" tossed at them, no rational people do, great we agree seems it didnt stump you like lenes flares do, good for you...:tu:

And to just prove why people shouldnt jump that things typed are facts to be believed,

When i wrote that the suits were made by the same taitailor who made Pattersons suit, that was my sarcastic poke that the patterson suit looks just as crappy as those creatures suits i assumed obviously very wrongly no one would be so dense as to not grasp my lame attempts at humor,  you proved me wrong, ill be more careful in the future to dim it down for you.

as far as i know the person who made the creatures for DBAOTD never claimed to have made the patrerson suit.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

No, im not a gullible, naive blind faither who believes every "story" tossed at them,

The best story book ever written has sucked in more people in than any other... THE BIBLE. 

Back on topic... If I thought I witnessed that creature on my roof, the house would be on the market the very next day.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

The best story book ever written has sucked in more people in than any other... THE BIBLE. 

Back on topic... If I thought I witnessed that creature on my roof, the house would be on the market the very next day.

really?!

not me, i would drive myself batpoop crazy trying to figure out what the devil it was,

like here, the joint has the typical "haunted" reputation,  many things i debunked the first week or two we were here,

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

not me, i would drive myself batpoop crazy trying to figure out what the devil it was,

I didn't say I wouldn't investigate it, I just wouldn't want to be within distance of its its menu.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I didn't say I wouldn't investigate it, I just wouldn't want to be within distance of its its menu.

besides unexplained disappearances we really do not have that i know of unknown creature attacks on humans, no bodies all mangled up,

because of the heat here indexing over 100 a lot i work on many projects after dark, sometimes into late hours, my lighting gives eerily ground up lumination to the side of the house and a big tree, so many times all tired and very still and dead out ill look up, expecting to see some creature on the house or in the tree, i never do, bummer,

Dan yr Ogof are absolutely beautiful caves with fantastic dinosaur fossils. Situated about 20miles north of me. Haven't been there in years!

Anyway back on topic. The creatures are probably just the locals scavenging for food. We still have our fair share of troglodytes in sunny Wales.:yes:

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Dan yr Ogof are absolutely beautiful caves with fantastic dinosaur fossils. Situated about 20miles north of me. Haven't been there in years!

Anyway back on topic. The creatures are probably just the locals scavenging for food. We still have our fair share of troglodytes in sunny Wales.:yes:

Are you sure they have dinosaur fossils? The only Welsh dinosaurs I know of come from Pant-y-ffynnon quarry.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Are you sure they have dinosaur fossils? The only Welsh dinosaurs I know of come from Pant-y-ffynnon quarry.

Hmm I may have been mistaken. Been about 16 years since I been there. I remember massive dinosaurs around the park. So I probably imagined the fossils part, even though I bet there are some in the area!

Well at least I admit I'm wrong and may have imagined something. That's a rarity on this site.:P

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

We still have our fair share of troglodytes in sunny Wales.:yes:

Head up to Bronte Country. But make sure you had your shots. :o

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Head up to Bronte Country. But make sure you had your shots. :o

Holy **** fella! I just google it looks really nice! Gotta say Yorkshire is a stunning county....give or take the locals.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

Holy **** fella! I just google it looks really nice! Gotta say Yorkshire is a stunning county....give or take the locals.:D

I miss it......

But since 90 percent of the SAS is recruited from there. That's saying something........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Piney said:

I miss it......

But since 90 percent of the SAS is recruited from there. That's saying something........

Always thought most of the SAS were Scots and Gurkhas? 

4 hours ago, stereologist said:

I love it when those that have nothing but pathetic stories discount stories. That's just an epic failure on your part.

How could I forget. You would have said "anecdotal evidence".

And this -->  "epic failure"   lolololol   

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

13 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Always thought most of the SAS were Scots and Gurkhas? 

Borderers, both Scot and English, and Gurkha. Then many wealthier former SAS members employed Gurkha vets so they wouldn't be deported under Tory policy.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

How could I forget. You would have said "anecdotal evidence".

And this -->  "epic failure"   lolololol   

I rarely if ever say anecdotal evidence. It really is not evidence.

• Like 1