Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Itfollowsmealways

They are always around

Itfollowsmealways

Ever since I was 16/17, there has been spirits around me. I'm not going to go into detail about every "weird" encounter I've ever had but they range from seeing a man in the back of a car, the sound of large objects falling and rolling across the floor but not being able to locate the object, shadows, my son seeing a "black man" in his room when he was 1 and a half (too young to make up something like that or even know TO make up something like that), etc.  Fast forward 10+ years, 4 different houses later and these incidents are getting more frequent.  They happen about every 2-3 months now.  When my husband and I first moved into the house we are in right now, he heard a child call his name from the basement (there weren't any children in the house at that time).  I have video of orbs whizzing around my laundry room, I have walked into a wall of black... There's dark because it's night time and then there's pitch black that you can't see through.. well that's what I have walked into.  I was laying in bed one night and something pushed my shoulder so hard it actually moved me.  It nudged me as if to say "Hey!  Hey you!  Wake up!".  I was walking down our hallway (it has a mirror at the end) and I saw a shadow right behind me and to the right a bit.  It was just a bit shortly than my 5'6".  One night, my husband and I were laying in bed watching tv and I heard children's footsteps running around in the house.  I wasn't sure if I actually heard it or not so I muted the tv and sure enough, my husband and I both heard it.  I have found my husband and son's shoes put in a pile on the floor when they weren't there seconds before.  And most recently, I was standing in the bathroom doing my make-up and some little boy said, clear as day, "hello?  helloooo!"

So... it's obviously not the location that is haunted because what is the chance that every place I've ever lived in has ghosts?  I don't think it's just 1 ghost because whatever nudged me would have had to been adult height and the footsteps I heard definitely were children's (I have 4 kids and I know what kids running around sound like).  The thing is, these ghosts don't seem to want to harm to or my family.  Anyone else have any experience where something has followed them around the majority of their life?  I haven't lost anyone tragically and this stuff happened well before any of my grandparents died so I don't think it's anyone from my family that's just saying "hello".  Why does it seem like there's multiple things that happen for a few days and then is calms down for months?

I guess I should say that my mother's side of the family is fairly sensitive.  My grandmother used to do automatic writing, my mother saw ghosts and angels when she was young and I tend to pick up on people's emotions... like if someone walks into the room, I instantly know what kind of mood they are in.  I also get strong vibes from places; strong enough that I have absolutely refused to go into a house/building.

I hope i'm not coming across as some psycho or something, i'm actually a really logical person.  I'm a 34 year old mother of 4 who has a normal job, a normal life, etc.  

Any explanation would be helpful. 

Cheers!

• Like 3

acute

I think you are right to suppose that 'gifts' run in the family. I am psychic, my sister is a medium, and my mother and grandmother were sentient.

Like you, I have often refused to stay for any length of time in places that I feel uncomfortable with. Sometimes, research explains the cause of my discomfort.

Regarding the 'ghosts'..... If they don't want to harm you, what's the problem?

There are two types of haunting:  Residual and Active.  'Residual' is like a replay of an event, and it never changes.  'Active' is a spirit or spirits that haven't passed over, or are visiting, and can potentially be communicated with.

• Like 6

openozy
1 hour ago, Itfollowsmealways said:

Any explanation would be helpful.

It's just that your open and sensitive,I believe spirits can be anywhere,even new homes and I've experienced them it many places.My family had no interest or insight in this except for my brother and myself.It may be the combination of genetics that makes you open and it has to start somewhere.My grandkids are also aware people.

• Like 2

Tia

Spirits will often be attracted to someone who is open, it's like we shine brighter for them to see us.

I'm not sure where you live but I know where I live we have a few psychic groups around where you can go to meetings and be with like minded people and learn a lot about the spirit world. Maybe it's a calling for you, I had one house that was like a half way house where spirits would always pop in and out of, even visitors who weren't believers would see and hear things. Unless I felt it was a negative energy and just let them be.

• Like 2

Melskaya
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, Tia said:

it's like we shine brighter for them to see us.

I like the way you put that.

• Like 1

BrooklynGuy
9 minutes ago, Melskaya said:

I like the way you put that.

I don't have anything to add just wanted to say that is probably the best avatar I have ever seen. Thanks for the chuckle

• Like 1