Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussing the mysteries of the ancient world

docyabut2

Plato wrote about  Atlantis at around 300bc,  300bc was 2316 years ago.

This asteroid hit in the Atlantic  ocean  2,300 years ago

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27827830/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-asteroid-cause-ancient-ny-tsunami/#.WP2Gtek2wzs

2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment may belong to lost civilization in Spain

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

it all so close to the guessing times .

• Haha 2

Damn that Plato. Couldn't he just used a parable using animals, or plants instead?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Piney said:

I told you this is a out of date article. The material is from around 34 Million years ago. :yes:

More than 2,300 years ago, a tsunami may have hit what is now New York City. The source of the giant wave, say geologists studying the sediments in nearby bodies of water, may have been a 330-foot-wide asteroid

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27827830/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-asteroid-cause-ancient-ny-tsunami/#.WP2Gtek2wzs

2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment may belong to lost civilization in Spain

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Atlantis according to Plato sunk 12000+ years ago. NOT 2300.................... So no this is a fantasy and no more. You only 10000 years out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

More than 2,300 years ago, a tsunami may have hit what is now New York City. The source of the giant wave, say geologists studying the sediments in nearby bodies of water, may have been a 330-foot-wide asteroid

And a new study showed the it never happened. It would of wiped out the cultures that resided there and the sites show it didn't. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

And a new study showed the it never happened. It would of wiped out the cultures that resided there and the sites show it didn't. 

Do you have a link to the study?

cormac

• Like 1

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Do you have a link to the study?

cormac

Nothing that isn't behind a paywall. But if you look at the Early Woodland transition there is no interruption. Nor is there a deposit over the habitation sites. 

I just don't feel like digging up all those papers and trying to explain it. It would be a waste of a lot of time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

Nothing that isn't behind a paywall. But if you look at the Early Woodland transition there is no interruption. Nor is there a deposit over the habitation sites. 

I just don't feel like digging up all those papers and trying to explain it. It would be a waste of a lot of time. 

Dissemination of information properly researched is never a waste of time. That it may prove incomprehensible to the intended recipient is irrelevant.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Jarocal said:

That it may prove incomprehensible to the intended recipient is irrelevant.

There's a lot of incomprehension here lately. It's getting hard.....just sooo hard. :o

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

I tend to agree with Jarocal on this one but ok. Maybe it could have been explained to docyabut2 since she's not exactly a great researcher. 

cormac

• Like 2

I tend to agree with Jarocal on this one but ok. Maybe it could have been explained to docyabut2 since she's not exactly a great researcher. 

I tried to explain before that "It did not wipe out any Indian camps" but it didn't sink in. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

I tried to explain before that "It did not wipe out any Indian camps" but it didn't sink in. 

Sometimes it takes explaining what the actual studies have concluded, which was why I was hoping there was a link specifically negating the 2300 BP New York tsunami claim

cormac

• Like 1

Sometimes it takes explaining what the actual studies have concluded, which was why I was hoping there was a link specifically negating the 2300 BP New York tsunami claim

cormac

Let me look. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Would you mind citing the publication? Paywalls are not a problem. 

Thank you in advance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

And is entirely irrelevant to Plato's Atlantis as he wrote that its destruction occurred some 9300 years PRIOR to that date. 

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Mellon Man said:

Would you mind citing the publication? Paywalls are not a problem. 

It is a counter argument to S. Goodbred, S Krentz and P. LoCicero's 2006 abstract

Evidence for a newly discovered 2300-year-old tsunami deposit from Long Island 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

It is a counter argument to S. Goodbred, S Krentz and P. LoCicero's 2006 abstract

Evidence for a newly discovered 2300-year-old tsunami deposit from Long Island 

@Doc Socks Junior   Can't find this paper. 

• Like 1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8028949.stm

gee all around the same time a  2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/8028949.stm

gee all around the same time a  2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment

Doc, no one denies that cities can be buried, or sink under the seas. What we deny is that Atlantis specifically does not exist. Did not exist. Never did exist. Never will exist (to cover the inevitable arrival of Pettytalk). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

@Saru Could we have a moratorium on Atlantis threads for a while? This is just a rehash of the same old damn assertions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

@Saru Could we have a moratorium on Atlantis threads for a while? This is just a rehash of the same old damn assertions.

Completely agree this move on to something other than Atlantis

• Like 4

One great mystery for me is why did the builders of Stonehenge use stone from Wales, so far away from Avebury, in their construction.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Doc, no one denies that cities can be buried, or sink under the seas. What we deny is that Atlantis specifically does not exist. Did not exist. Never did exist. Never will exist (to cover the inevitable arrival of Pettytalk). 

but to believe Atlantis did exist, I trying to find Atlantis did faced that small island , Gades, and what happened to them and  where Plato said it was and its history.

vxYQ7NLOjiwgYDGYyIDBNqDypafEQDChwKm9uYSlNJIk0w5i8nigoIdvFZU-LFc7dWHWqIz132-6n6xuDcoOhxebCntqzdGGMZkGpx-QAvpj6lGMGSmRKzgbGUtp3mTd-BXuH4Eh8NQ3ufldt5ipQn609dYrhj2jJo7G2sZLlp5O-PyWyFB2fQBTygLQwuyF2abDejdqbM4tOlwSkQLfybQUcrXQ87X6LyMHvH-5ZxsaCLYaslqWJfr4N6J1JkF7teutEoupr6ME_L3iISTvn6ZthPFUcIcHx9l_b7EtQTVPqMFtIn7lAEJ3RL67-pWhT6GQQnX1RAM2NOYwk-svE-PwYWzMifOcWFxw0CwNLeY-LOphwfOjQgbSWt0QvNzaz2rDYtlNoIQfgTkb-Mris0XC5Gjq4wqCOsp6rEIdvG-y4nuiQ5rAE46E7nlNaICdz_dqm5nk9so68S9NkP8GTD-IX5O9GcOZcjEIbnxKqIUhB59mG7lI3f_KZWL-aga9gnlRNyzK-wKSbT-JKjg6xBB4mdpP1b8xLHIahHZB7P3X3aRGwRR-oPs5tvIsjkQjwTbQGYSjKZu3U2M4lRnTNyXViCQ3DxTymXzPVAuKOiE4ppTAEPBpBQ=w400-no

Edited by docyabut2