Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussing the mysteries of the ancient world

docyabut2

6 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Completely agree this move on to something other than Atlantis

Why a moratorium? Dont wish to discuss Atlantis simply dont participate in the thread.

• Like 4

Gee the same image you've shown us many times before - how exciting....lol

In three days she's posted the same link six times: HaW1G9S.jpg

I suspect she'll keep posting that same link until stopped.

Edited by Hanslune
  • Thanks 2

Critias

By Plato

Written 360 B.C.E

360 bc was  written  2,350 years ago.

facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world,

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/critias.html

2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment may belong to lost civilization in Spain

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

Edited by docyabut2

32 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

but to believe Atlantis did exist, I trying to find Atlantis did faced that small island , Gades, and what happened to them and  where Plato said it was and its history.

vxYQ7NLOjiwgYDGYyIDBNqDypafEQDChwKm9uYSlNJIk0w5i8nigoIdvFZU-LFc7dWHWqIz132-6n6xuDcoOhxebCntqzdGGMZkGpx-QAvpj6lGMGSmRKzgbGUtp3mTd-BXuH4Eh8NQ3ufldt5ipQn609dYrhj2jJo7G2sZLlp5O-PyWyFB2fQBTygLQwuyF2abDejdqbM4tOlwSkQLfybQUcrXQ87X6LyMHvH-5ZxsaCLYaslqWJfr4N6J1JkF7teutEoupr6ME_L3iISTvn6ZthPFUcIcHx9l_b7EtQTVPqMFtIn7lAEJ3RL67-pWhT6GQQnX1RAM2NOYwk-svE-PwYWzMifOcWFxw0CwNLeY-LOphwfOjQgbSWt0QvNzaz2rDYtlNoIQfgTkb-Mris0XC5Gjq4wqCOsp6rEIdvG-y4nuiQ5rAE46E7nlNaICdz_dqm5nk9so68S9NkP8GTD-IX5O9GcOZcjEIbnxKqIUhB59mG7lI3f_KZWL-aga9gnlRNyzK-wKSbT-JKjg6xBB4mdpP1b8xLHIahHZB7P3X3aRGwRR-oPs5tvIsjkQjwTbQGYSjKZu3U2M4lRnTNyXViCQ3DxTymXzPVAuKOiE4ppTAEPBpBQ=w400-no

Then you should find evidence of Atlantis. NOT Gades and NOT the Spanish mainland since that's NOT where Plato claimed Atlantis was. Otherwise you're just ignoring an entire culture in an attempt to force a non-existant connection. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Then you should find evidence of Atlantis. NOT Gades and NOT the Spanish mainland since that's NOT where Plato claimed Atlantis was. Otherwise you're just ignoring an entire culture in an attempt to force a non-existant connection. 

cormac

facing the country which is now called the region of Gades in that part of the world,

19 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

GADIZ%203.gif

the small island of Gadir of which Plato said it is now called Gades

He didn't say the island, he said "the region" of Gades. The island didn't even have that name before the Phoenicians. 

cormac

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I realize ignorance is bliss but ignoring what Plato said makes you WRONG.

cormac

4 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

I realize ignorance is bliss but ignoring what Plato said makes you WRONG.

cormac

gee cormac he did say  the region" of Gades, but Gades  was a small island

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

gee cormac he did say  the region" of Gades, but Gades  was a small island

Yes, but he said "Atlantis" faced the "region of Gades" which means Atlantis WAS NOT Gades and since he also said Atlantis was an island it was also NOT the mainland. 

cormac

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

One great mystery for me is why did the builders of Stonehenge use stone from Wales, so far away from Avebury, in their construction.

A good question, but one that is not easily answered, particularly given the cultural and temporal distance.

The history of lithic utilization extends back some 3.3 million years, predating the genus Homo. The import of a particular material to a particular culture/application can vary widely. Workability, cultural associations, colorations, etc.have all been noted to be influencing factors. Due to the deep-time significance of lithic materials, it is not uncommon for traditional cultures to view certain materials and their associated locations with more than passing spiritual/religious meaning.

• Like 6

Cormac wish I could go back to that great site Atlantis Rising  magazine, many many years ago when  there were all the past researchers members  of Atlantis  were on it and talked seriously about  Atlantis, and I know the only one left is here is  atlante  on this site kemt seens one and all its here is most  people  just want to pick on people for fun and don't want to talk really  about Atlantis  seriously 

37 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Yes, but he said "Atlantis" faced the "region of Gades" which means Atlantis WAS NOT Gades and since he also said Atlantis was an island it was also NOT the mainland. 

cormac

Plato said they ruled over Gades and the continent around them ,

and was the way to other islands, and from these you might pass to the whole of the opposite continent which surrounded the true ocean; for this sea which is within the Straits of Heracles is only a harbour, having a narrow entrance, but that other is a real sea, and the surrounding land may be most truly called a boundless continent

http://classics.mit.edu/Plato/timaeus.html

Edited by docyabut2

15 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Plato said they ruled over Gades and the continent around them ,

It doesn't matter where they ruled over. Spain isn't an island and no island, especially of Plato's Atlantis' claimed size, has ever faced Gades/Cadiz. 

cormac

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Why a moratorium? Dont wish to discuss Atlantis simply dont participate in the thread.

Because, as I said, it is the same old crappe, asserted again, and again, and again.

The OP of this thread continually posts the same ( literally, the exact same post! ) ad nauseum, as if countless repetitions of the same lame thought will somehow convince people of her viewpoint.

A simple google map search, or ANY oceanographic map of the Atlantic seafloor would put this fable to rest, yet countless people continue to state that an allegorical tale is "the real and true facts, for sure!", despite there being not one shred of evidentiary truth to the tale.

Not. One. Single. Fact.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Cormac wish I could go back to that great site Atlantis Rising  magazine, many many years ago when  there were all the past researchers members  of Atlantis  were on it and talked seriously about  Atlantis, and I know the only one left is here is  atlante  on this site kemt seens one and all its here is most  people  just want to pick on people for fun and don't want to talk really  about Atlantis  seriously 

Docy, factors to consider:

While a relative newcomer to these pages, my presence does date back to the era of Qoasis (sp?) and the early incarnations of Mario D. The course of the exchanges resulted in my exposure to the Atlantis Rising website. New Age fantasy drivel.

As you have experienced, the Atlantis myth has been quite well addressed in a "serious" manner. There is simply no credible real-world substantiation for Plato's allegory.

That you choose to believe in a fantasy is, of course, your own decision. Such personal decisions do not constitute reality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Because, as I said, it is the same old crappe, asserted again, and again, and again.

The OP of this thread continually posts the same ( literally, the exact same post! ) ad nauseum, as if countless repetitions of the same lame thought will somehow convince people of her viewpoint.

A simple google map search, or ANY oceanographic map of the Atlantic seafloor would put this fable to rest, yet countless people continue to state that an allegorical tale is "the real and true facts, for sure!", despite there being not one shred of evidentiary truth to the tale.

Not. One. Single. Fact.

why on picking on me if the true issue of Atlantis

3 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

why on picking on me if the true issue of Atlantis

Trust me hun, I have no desire to pick on you, but you cannot recognize fact from fiction.

THERE. IS. NO. ATLANTIS.

Never was, never will be.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Swede said:

While a relative newcomer to these pages, my presence does date back to the era of Qoasis (sp?) and the early incarnations of Mario D. The course of the exchanges resulted in my exposure to the Atlantis Rising website. New Age fantasy drivel.

As you have experienced, the Atlantis myth has been quite well addressed in a "serious" manner. There is simply no credible real-world substantiation for Plato's allegory.

That you choose to believe in a fantasy is, of course, your own decision. Such personal decisions do not constitute reality.

Yeah Qoais was a card but she grew a lot while here. 

cormac

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Swede said:

always respected Mario D  his theory of Green land, on  the Atlantis rising magazine .  but do you respect all those researchers members  of Atlantis, rising   I do , name them all  that I have talked with them  ")  

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, Jarocal said:

Sorry Jarocal I missed your post earlier - as Jodie said - it the boring game of endless repetition we saw with Cladking.

• Like 1

I suggest D that you go to http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/

See if you can find something different to post about Atlantis:

Atlantis-in-wisconsin-199x300.jpg

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/atlantis-in-wisconsin/

They used a LOT of cheese.

Edited by Hanslune

Locations for Atlantis proposed this century

Alberto Arecchi

Tunisia

2001 John Cogan Azores
2001 Christiane Dittmann Malta
2001 Jörg Dendl Atlantic
2001 Geryl & Ratinckx Antarctica
2001 Jacques Collina-Girard Gibraltar
2001 Peter Jakubowski Sicily
2001 Gene Matlock Mexico
2001 Anton Mifsud Malta
2001 Paulino Zamarro Cyclades
2001 Hubert Zeitlmair Malta
2001 Radek Brychta Dholavira
2001 David Calvert-Orange Malta
2002 Roger Coghill Faro
2002 Zia Abbas Sth China Sea
2002 Dean Clarke Atlantic
2002 Sergio Frau Sardinia
2002 Andi Zinelli Albania
2002 Jonas Bergman Morocco
2002 Francis Galea Malta
2002 Rainer W. Kühne Andalusia
2002 Mario Tozzi Sardinia
2003 Dennis Brooks Florida
2003 Jeff Allan Danelek The Tropics
2003 Jacques Hébert Socotra
2003 Georg Lohle North Sea
2003 Graham Phillips Thera
2003 Carla Sage ? Libya
2003 Robert Sarmast Cyprus
2003 Alfred E. Schmeck Sicily
2003 Werner Wickboldt Andalusia
2003 Paulo Riven Josephine Seamount
2004 Ulf Erlingsson Ireland
2004 Karl Jürgen Hepke Andalusia
2004 Ulrich Hofmann Algeria
2004 N. R. James Egypt
2004 Guy Gervis North Sea
2004 Andis Kaulins Mediterranean
2004 Jacques Lebeau Minoan
2004 Christian & Siegfried Schoppe Black Sea
2004 Flying Eagle & Whispering Wind Sea of Azov
2004 Alexander Chechelnitsky Alaska
2004 Sunil Prasannan Sundaland
2005 Greg Alexander Mt. Kilimanjaro
2005 Carlos Barceló Atlantic
2005 Thomas K. Dietrich America
2005 Philip Gardiner America
2005 Kurt L. Lambeck Aegean
2005 Jaime Manuschevich Israel/Sinai
2005 Stavros Papamarinopoulos Iberia
2005 M. Petersen N. America
2005 Clyde A. Winters Mexico
2005 Colin Wilson Cyprus
2005 Rosario Vieni Mediterranean
2006 ‘Anonymous’ Libya
2006 Bill Hanson Bahamas
2006 Ashok Malhotra Indus Culture
2006 Yashwant Koak Indus Culture
2006 Werner E. Friedrich Black Sea
2006 Hossam Aboulfotouh Nile Delta
2007 Marcello Cosci Sherbro Island
2007 Mario Dantas Greenland
2007 Peter Jakubowski Sicily/Malta
2007 Dominique Jongbloed Bahamas
2007 Albert Spyro Nikas Malta
2007 Kurt Bangert Black Sea
2007 R. McQuillen Pharos
2007 Steven Sora Iberia
2007 John Michael Greer Bahamas?
2007 Carl Festin Eastern Mediterranean
2008 Fatih Hodži? Adriatic
2008 Ticleanu, Constantin & Nicolescu Pannonian Plain
2008 Therese Ghembaza Meroë
2008 Ellis Peterson North Atlantic
2008 M. Rapisarda Sicily
2008 Michael Hübner Sth. Morocco
2008 August Hunt Persia
2008 Walter Baucum North Sea
2008 Carl Martin Azores
2008 Gerald Wells W. Algeria
2008 Antonio Usai Sardinia
2008 Amy Smith Caribbean
2009 Doug Fisher Argentina
2009 Harry Dale Huffman Greenland
2009 Edward Alexander South America
2009 Riaan Booysen Australia
2009 Joseph Robert Jochmans Atlantic
2009 J. D. Brady Bay of Troy
2009 Richard W. Welch Atlantic
2009 Norman Frey Cuba
2009 Jesse Neel Yucatan Peninsula
2010 Emmet Sweeney Azores
2010 Fianchy Torres Dominican Republic
2010 Walter Schilling S. W. Europe
2010 Marco Francesco Bulloni North-West Russia
2010 Gavin Menzies Crete?
2010 Eckart Kahlhofer North-West Europe
2011 Walter Parks Azores
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry more  crap:)

So, in other words, you see the facts, but choose to discard them in favour of fable?

That is so sad. 

• Thanks 1