Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Discussing the mysteries of the ancient world

docyabut2

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8381219/Lost-city-of-Atlantis-buried-in-Spanish-wetlands.html

all I went through in all  my readings that Atlantis did exist  that a city close to Gades that went under water

Plato wrote about  Atlantis at around 300bc,  300bc was 2316 years ago.

This asteroid hit in the Atlantic  ocean  2,300 years ago

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27827830/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-asteroid-cause-ancient-ny-tsunami/#.WP2Gtek2wzs

2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment may belong to lost civilization in Spain

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

it all so close to the guessing times .

Edited by docyabut2

4 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/spain/8381219/Lost-city-of-Atlantis-buried-in-Spanish-wetlands.html

all I went through in all  my readings that Atlantis did exist : 

Plato wrote about  Atlantis at around 300bc,  300bc was 2316 years ago.

This asteroid hit in the Atlantic  ocean  2,300 years ago

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27827830/ns/technology_and_science-science/t/did-asteroid-cause-ancient-ny-tsunami/#.WP2Gtek2wzs

2,500-year-old city buried under flood sediment may belong to lost civilization in Spain

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/2500-year-old-city-buried-under-flood-sediment-may-belong-lost-civilization-020521

it all so close to the guessing times .

Repeating yourself doesn’t make it true. That’s NOT what Plato said. 

cormac

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

@Saru Could we have a moratorium on Atlantis threads for a while? This is just a rehash of the same old damn assertions.

That’s not true. Every new Atlantis thread brings us one step closer to the truth.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Repeating yourself doesn’t make it true. That’s NOT what Plato said. 

cormac

Well dang she used the same link 7 times now in 3 days.....

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Piney said:

I told you this is a out of date article. The material is from around 34 Million years ago. :yes:

The sites he linked have dates on them. 15 years old.

Harte

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

One great mystery for me is why did the builders of Stonehenge use stone from Wales, so far away from Avebury, in their construction.

Sounds like a lot of change orders.

Probably started out to build them in Wales, then got an order to move it 10 miles south, then another, then another, next thing you know they're building it in Wiltshire.

Harte

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The AMV features the End of Tartessos, as describes tn Blue Water

always going along with the  Atlantis song and its pain,  was a city of Tartessos

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Cormac wish I could go back to that great site Atlantis Rising  magazine, many many years ago when  there were all the past researchers members  of Atlantis  were on it and talked seriously about  Atlantis, and I know the only one left is here is  atlante  on this site kemt seens one and all its here is most  people  just want to pick on people for fun and don't want to talk really  about Atlantis  seriously 

I was unaware they had folded.

Glad to hear it, to tell you the truth.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

sorry all trying to prove  that Tartessos was  Atlantis and was the only empire Plato described of the west .  

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

I suggest D that you go to http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/

See if you can find something different to post about Atlantis:

Atlantis-in-wisconsin-199x300.jpg

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples/atlantis-in-wisconsin/

They used a LOT of cheese.

Frank, formerly Collin. A former Nazi until they found out he was a pedo and his father a Jewish Holocaust survivor. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Collin

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Piney said:

Frank, formerly Collin. A former Nazi until they found out he was a pedo and his father a Jewish Holocaust survivor. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Collin

oh god get over that ****: on Atlantis ( gee I know Hitler claimed they were the only race of Atlantis and in finding it   

Edited by docyabut2

46 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

sorry all trying to prove  that Tartessos was  Atlantis and was the only empire Plato described of the west .  

And you’re failing because you continue to ignore Plato. 

cormac

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

And you’re failing because you continue to ignore Plato. 

cormac

Plato claimed  it was a empire of the west

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Plato DID NOT say it was Spain. 

cormac

18 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Plato DID NOT say it was Spain. 

cormac

on gee facing a small county of Gades 

8 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Facing a location is not the same as being there.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

1)  Gades/Cadiz was NEVER a country. 

2)  Since Atlantis wasn’t Spain nor Cadiz then it would have to face “the region of Gades” by being further offshore from there. 

3)  There has NEVER been an island WHERE Plato claimed Atlantis was. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 1

Just had a theory. What if he was just describing an underwater volcano? Underwater volcanoes can produce islands which don't last long an disappear rather quickly.

Maybe he just overly glorified something which  some sailors maybe spotted but didn't understand what was going  on. 

Either that or it's just a myth.:P

3 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

always respected Mario D  his theory of Green land, on  the Atlantis rising magazine .  but do you respect all those researchers members  of Atlantis, rising   I do , name them all  that I have talked with them  ")  

Please don’t mistake dawdling aimlessly on the internet as “research.”

Research has a directed goal, timeframe, and methodology. It means confronting and assessing viewpoints you disagree with. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph

3 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Just had a theory. What if he was just describing an underwater volcano? Underwater volcanoes can produce islands which don't last long an disappear rather quickly.

Maybe he just overly glorified something which  some sailors maybe spotted but didn't understand what was going  on. 

A volcanic island 3000 X 2000 stadia in size with a 10,000 stadia long ditch surrounding it?  There’s no Supervolcano anywhere close by. 

cormac

6 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

I believe Will Due was using volcanism as a crude metaphor for bi-curiosity recently. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

The Critias dialogue says the Great Plain of Atlantis was surrounded by a "huge trench", which drained water from the mountains, and emptied into the sea. 

By this definition, the Great Plain of Atlantis was surrounded by water.  And this explains why Plato/Critias considered the Great Plain to be an island.   The "empire" included a bunch of places that were associated with the Great Plain of Atlantis.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atalante said:

The Critias dialogue says the Great Plain of Atlantis was surrounded by a "huge trench", which drained water from the mountains, and emptied into the sea. 

By this definition, the Great Plain of Atlantis was surrounded by water.  And this explains why Plato/Critias considered the Great Plain to be an island.   The "empire" included a bunch of places that were associated with the Great Plain of Atlantis.  

Again, you don’t speak Greek, so your opinion on how Plato used his language is of virtually no value. It just makes your conclusion that much more obviously self-serving. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Harte said:

I was unaware they had folded.

Glad to hear it, to tell you the truth.

Harte

Taking Atlantis seriously is like taking the flat earth seriously, or bigfoot, the hollow earth, chemtrails, YEC, Harte is the Prince of Wales, Swede is Thor Heyerdahl's love child and a whole bunch of other stuff that has no basis in reality.

I had not realized Atlantis Rising has fallen, lots of magazine have gone under but one would have thought they'd have gone to a web based business.

• Like 1