Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Young boy dies after botched 'exorcism'

UM-Bot

The pain that poor boy must have gone through, and in the hands of someone that was supposed to protect and care for him. Makes my heart bleed. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

How sad. What a failure. This is horrible. 

This smells Evangelical  Missionary induced. 

I wonder if the Yaquis have the same tribal law we do about a situation like this? If they do it should be enforced.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

And this is why such nonsensical beliefs can be dangerous, especially in people who are no doubt deranged to begin with. I dread to think of how much the little one suffered, and at the hands of his father no less.

• Thanks 5

4 hours ago, Piney said:

This smells Evangelical  Missionary induced. 

Smells like mental illness. The dad's first instinct was to hold the boy's head under hot water for 10 mins? When has that technique ever been used to exorcise demons? I've seen Constantine like 5 times and that was never brought up. 

In all seriousness, this seems like a schizophrenic attack

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Smells like mental illness. The dad's first instinct was to hold the boy's head under hot water for 10 mins? When has that technique ever been used to exorcise demons? I've seen Constantine like 5 times and that was never brought up. 

In all seriousness, this seems like a schizophrenic attack

Traditional Yaqui don't believe in Demons and a priests don't teach about demons.

Evangelical missionaries do teach the Traditionalists are infected with demons and accuse the Traditionalists of being in cahoots with them.

Seen it myself on my grnadfather's reserve. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Hahaha that stuff isn't even real. The era of spacecraft flying to and by all the cosmic bodies in our solar system, and people still believe it, to the point of death hahaha

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Twisted_Caulk said:

Hahaha that stuff isn't even real. The era of spacecraft flying to and by all the cosmic bodies in our solar system, and people still believe it, to the point of death hahaha

People kill over imaginary characters.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Twisted_Caulk said:

I guess I missed the element of humor in the story...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Religion, everybody. :tu:

Mental illness, everybody.  Only a fool paints an entire class of millions as evil.  

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

Mental illness, everybody.  Only a fool paints an entire class of millions as evil.  

Like I said, religion. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Religion was only the vehicle through which this insanity played out.  Poor child.

The father deserves a short drop at the end of a rope, irrespective of his mental state.

• Like 2

Poor kid came home from school every day spouting teacher sourced liberal dogma interspersed with anti-American rhetoric...The father was convinced the boy had been possessed [brainwashed] by malevolent Spirits...

• Sad 1

I don't like that the word "botched" is being used here. It makes it sound like a mistake or that murdering this boy wasn't the expected outcome. Especially since there has never been a single case of a "successful exorcism". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:33 AM, Kittens Are Jerks said:

And this is why such nonsensical beliefs can be dangerous, especially in people who are no doubt deranged to begin with. I dread to think of how much the little one suffered, and at the hands of his father no less.

most people believing their delusions are harmless but sadly, very sadly some mentally ill end up harming others, and i bet the looney father still blames those "real" "demons"...very sad.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2019 at 7:12 AM, and then said:

Millions who follow morally bankrupt religions.