Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Lady who cries crystal tears a fraud?

Eldorado

"A woman who claimed she was in agony as a result of 'crying crystal tears' is now believed to have been faking the condition.

"Satenik Kazaryan, from Spandaryan in Armenia, made international headlines after puzzling doctors, claiming she cried up to 50 of the painful jagged-edged tears a day.

"It was initially thought she may have been suffering from a rare medical condition, however, the mother-of-one is now suspected to have put glass particles in her own eyes."

Full monty at the LAD Bible: https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-medical-mystery-who-cries-crystal-tears-believed-to-have-been-faking-20191001

And the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7520521/Woman-cried-crystal-tears-suspected-faking-condition-inserting-glass-eyes.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Does not say much for the doctors.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

42 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

Does not say much for the doctors.

If only doctors had crystal balls.

• Haha 9

On 10/1/2019 at 11:35 PM, Eldorado said:

If only doctors had crystal balls.

On 10/1/2019 at 11:45 PM, freetoroam said:

It would make them walk funny. 

And you'd be able to see them coming a mile off.

• Haha 4

Heh, a week or two ago a story like this floated across an old episode of Unsolved Mysteries? I think. I've been using some Pluto TV recently and just kind of playing in the background a couple different true crime/weird channels.

Anywho, the story was a gal was able to "sweat" gold foil and weep gemstones. It was an old episode, and she was middle aged... and very nice, there was even a mythbusters kind of debunking to go along with it. Kind of funny to see this type of thing pop up as a newer article so many years later.

• Like 4

There is, to me, so much "psychic fraud" in India that I don't trust anything they say.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, pallidin said:

There is, to me, so much "psychic fraud" in India that I don't trust anything they say.

In India? Try on Earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I rekon I'd cry if I stuck glass in my eyes and I'm sure doctors didn't have anything else to do .... stupid bloody woman 

Edited by Matt221
Clock up
  • Like 1

''Cry me a river........... of crystals''

• Like 1

If she could cry diamonds I'd ask for her hand in marriage,after a year married to me I'd be rich B)

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Now there's a shocker. Lol.

• Haha 1

She's lucky she didn't go blind, she has to be nuts.

• Like 1

So she saw that Simpson Episode where Lady Gaga claims to cry tiny diamonds that "hurt like hell" and created a hoax from that?