Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Fabula Omnium

Empirical evidence of Astral projection

59 posts in this topic

Desertrat56

I have evidence for myself.  None that anyone can consider empirical.  The document is intersting but I doubt it's veracity as the commander's name is not included as it should be in a proper military document.  It would be redacted in a public version of the document, not just left blank.  I assume the Gateway program was the fake remote viewer program that Ed Dames claims to have been involved with.

One evidence I have for remote viewing is that in the 70's, because I spent a lot of time astral traveling,  I was recruited by remote viewers to join the army and then was stationed in the unit they had in Germany at the time.  The stories about the military remote viewers is mostly made up to keep people from finding out about the real program.  The closest you will ever come to knowing anything about it is the book by Jon Ronson called Men who stare at goats.  But no real names are in that book.  I liked the goofy movie the Kohn brothers did, they are such weirdos.

• Like 3

ChrLzs
7 hours ago, Fabula Omnium said:

Anyone else out there have any evidence or testing to prove the validity of projecting or remote viewing curious to see what comes out of this.

Nope.  And there's none at your link.  If it was real, don't you think a few folks might be actually good at it, and thus prove it?  You can't hide these abilities.  You can however either convince yourself or others, be it because of coincidence or scamming or bad methodology.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pallidin

Fabula, welcome to UM!

Wear a seatbelt at all times...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fabula Omnium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, pallidin said:

Fabula, welcome to UM!

Wear a seatbelt at all times...

This account is over 10 years old i visited here as a kid and found my old account, but thanks!

Edited by Fabula Omnium
  • Like 2

GalacticWarrior

Hi! I've had a whole bunch of experiences with Astral Projection, and still having them. I never try remote viewing though.

• Like 1

Herr Falukorv
14 minutes ago, GalacticWarrior said:

Hi! I've had a whole bunch of experiences with Astral Projection, and still having them. I never try remote viewing though.

I have remote viewed a couple of times with my binoculars

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

White Crane Feather

I have had a few interesting personal results and a few amazing. I have sent letters to local universities and the aware study when it was just getting started. No one seems interested. I would like to try a few controlled experiments under scientific scrutiny.

Regardless. Some associated and universal phenomena phenomenon need to be studied. Vibrations in particular are a universal phenomenon people feel when learning the skill. It’s hard to get people to believe they exist until it happens again. I’d love to see what is happening to the body at this stage of transition. The other is the loud white noise. It sounds like walking under a waterfall or jet engine. These are common experiences that happen even when people have no idea of it happening to others. It would be fascinating to get a full understanding of what is going on physiologically. I had found some material over the years, but nothing addressing vibration or the white noises directly. 

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 3

ChrLzs
36 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

No one seems interested. I would like to try a few controlled experiments under scientific scrutiny.

The reason for that isn't that the evil government is suppressing it, it's just that many folks have tried to prove their abilities, and all have failed.  The only 'positive' results you will find out there are from people who set up their own pseudoscience journals (or those who go to them for 'publication'), and allow horribly flawed subjective testing.  And yes, I'm happy to elaborate if you have a 'study' to offer up..

Why not come up with a rough idea of what your own tests might entail, and ask someone here to help?  If you can tell me what it is that you claim, I'd be happy to be a sounding board.  The thing that is hardest is that you need to be able to somehow verify the results and fully document the process (maybe with the help of a video camera and a justice of the peace or whatever you call them over there), but it really depends on what you are trying to prove.

It's actually an interesting process, but be warned that you might become rather disappointed - sometimes the person themselves will suddenly realise where they are 'tricking themselves', as the power suddenly vanishes as soon as proper controls (like OBjective rather than SUBjective judging) are introduced.

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Thanks 1

White Crane Feather

I never said that anyone one was “suppressing it.” Did you come up with that all by yourself? I imagine the aware study was generating al kinds of kooky communications, and I didn’t expect anyone at my local universities to get back to me. I was simply gambling that someone in the psych departments might have an interest.

There are kinds of failures in research. Scientists still find new angles and new phenomenon all the time. 

Hahahah you are not a good sounding board Charlz Hahahah. I have watch over the years you ridicule people including teenagers that could be dangerously depressed and suffering actual psychotic episodes. You clearly are neither qualified, prepared, compassionate, nor of benevolent intent enough to be a “sounding board” for anyone. Maybe you are unaware of the malice in your words. I’ll give you that, but the mind is tricky that way isn’t it? ;) 

Yes documentation, and proper and clean research methods would be ideal wouldn’t it? Thus contacting a university and a study that was already looking into Out of Body experiences at the time rather than folks on the good ole internet seemed far more prudent. Wouldn’t you agree? I understand how proper research needs to be done as well as the pitfalls of confirmation and selection bias yadda yadda yadda. Having tutored econometrics and soon to be pursuing advanced degrees in mathematics, I’m also aware of the proper significance that would need to be obtained. :) I won’t be disappointed. I’m rather curious about the power of the mind, and there are areas surrounding these altered states that are really unexplored, and I’d love to see properly gathered physiological data from someone who is capable of producing them regularly and that I can trust 100% that they were actually in them. An empirical base line if you will. 

Fortunately after 20 years I’ll be transitioning back into acadamia soon. Who knows. Once I jump through all the hoops, I may have access to people who wouldn’t mind indulging my curiosity. 

And don’t get to excited, I’m also planning on demonstrating mathematically the extreme likely hood of intelligence underlining the base of our reality. It’s already been done a bit, but I think it can be done better. ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

joc
On 10/2/2019 at 10:12 AM, Desertrat56 said:

I was recruited by remote viewers to join the army and then was stationed in the unit they had in Germany at the time. 

Did they give you Purple Haze or Orange Sunshine?  Just curious.

I'm messin' with you Girl! 

• Like 1

Desertrat56
3 hours ago, joc said:

Did they give you Purple Haze or Orange Sunshine?  Just curious.

I'm messin' with you Girl! 

No, it was more subtle than that.  I don't know why I even brought it up because it is an unbelievable story and though it happened there is no reason anyone but another army remote viewer would even take it seriously.

• Like 4

Desertrat56
4 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

I never said that anyone one was “suppressing it.” Did you come up with that all by yourself? I imagine the aware study was generating al kinds of kooky communications, and I didn’t expect anyone at my local universities to get back to me. I was simply gambling that someone in the psych departments might have an interest.

There are kinds of failures in research. Scientists still find new angles and new phenomenon all the time. 

Hahahah you are not a good sounding board Charlz Hahahah. I have watch over the years you ridicule people including teenagers that could be dangerously depressed and suffering actual psychotic episodes. You clearly are neither qualified, prepared, compassionate, nor of benevolent intent enough to be a “sounding board” for anyone. Maybe you are unaware of the malice in your words. I’ll give you that, but the mind is tricky that way isn’t it? ;) 

Yes documentation, and proper and clean research methods would be ideal wouldn’t it? Thus contacting a university and a study that was already looking into Out of Body experiences at the time rather than folks on the good ole internet seemed far more prudent. Wouldn’t you agree? I understand how proper research needs to be done as well as the pitfalls of confirmation and selection bias yadda yadda yadda. Having tutored econometrics and soon to be pursuing advanced degrees in mathematics, I’m also aware of the proper significance that would need to be obtained. :) I won’t be disappointed. I’m rather curious about the power of the mind, and there are areas surrounding these altered states that are really unexplored, and I’d love to see properly gathered physiological data from someone who is capable of producing them regularly and that I can trust 100% that they were actually in them. An empirical base line if you will. 

Fortunately after 20 years I’ll be transitioning back into acadamia soon. Who knows. Once I jump through all the hoops, I may have access to people who wouldn’t mind indulging my curiosity. 

And don’t get to excited, I’m also planning on demonstrating mathematically the extreme likely hood of intelligence underlining the base of our reality. It’s already been done a bit, but I think it can be done better. ;) 

It is kind of sad that the U.S. Army has the data you are looking for but will deny it.  That is the reason they hired Ed Dames to spread lies about the military remote viewer project.   You might be able to get information at The Monroe Institute and you might find Ingo Swan's writings interesting.

• Like 3

Desertrat56

@Fabula Omnium & @White Crane Feather  Here is one link I found about Ingo Swan.  He is the main person who helped create the protocols that were used in the Maryland experiments.  The U.S. Army was using remote viewers before that, but there is no history on it and you won't find anything.  Even Lt. Col. John Alexander lies about his part in it.

http://www.remoteviewed.com/ingo-swann/

He had his own website years ago but I can't find it now.

• Like 2

joc
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, it was more subtle than that.  I don't know why I even brought it up because it is an unbelievable story and though it happened there is no reason anyone but another army remote viewer would even take it seriously.

I think it is very interesting!  :)

• Thanks 1

White Crane Feather
5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It is kind of sad that the U.S. Army has the data you are looking for but will deny it.  That is the reason they hired Ed Dames to spread lies about the military remote viewer project.   You might be able to get information at The Monroe Institute and you might find Ingo Swan's writings interesting.

I’m aware of the Monroe institute. His experiences where the first I read about after it started happening to me. I was describing what was happening to me and someone overheard and gave me one of his books the next day. I’m also aware of the experiments and the data. Unfortunately it’s all far to weak to take seriously from a critical thinking perspective. The rigors of real science require much more. I’m also less interested in the seemingly magical consequences of what we are talking about and more interested in the human potential that is associated with the altered states of consciousness and how they can be applied for everyone.

Desertrat56
20 minutes ago, White Crane Feather said:

I’m aware of the Monroe institute. His experiences where the first I read about after it started happening to me. I was describing what was happening to me and someone overheard and gave me one of his books the next day. I’m also aware of the experiments and the data. Unfortunately it’s all far to weak to take seriously from a critical thinking perspective. The rigors of real science require much more. I’m also less interested in the seemingly magical consequences of what we are talking about and more interested in the human potential that is associated with the altered states of consciousness and how they can be applied for everyone.

The U.S. Army was also only interested in the human potential and that is why they even explored it, but they did it in a scientific manner in order to replicate the outcomes they wanted.  They must have been successful because that program existed several decades (or may still be in existence).

• Like 1

ChrLzs

WCF, you could have just said no.  Or offered up your thoughts to the other, much nicer people on the forum.  But instead, you took the coward's route of angrily refusing my offer on the basis that I'm horrible, and then completely avoiding what I suggested.

Perhaps next time address what I say, rather than go on the attack and run from the actual content posted..

• Thanks 2

White Crane Feather
1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

WCF, you could have just said no.  Or offered up your thoughts to the other, much nicer people on the forum.  But instead, you took the coward's route of angrily refusing my offer on the basis that I'm horrible, and then completely avoiding what I suggested.

Perhaps next time address what I say, rather than go on the attack and run from the actual content posted..

I didn’t take any route, and I did address what you said. I told you the truth. Your immature  and constant attempts at baiting people and ridicule are old and tired. I did say “no” with a good explanation because we have seen a thousand times what comes next. 

XenoFish

Hmm, a thread about false awakenings and imaginary target location (guess work). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

joc
On 10/2/2019 at 10:12 AM, Desertrat56 said:

The stories about the military remote viewers is mostly made up to keep people from finding out about the real program.  The closest you will ever come to knowing anything about it is the book by Jon Ronson called Men who stare at goats.  But no real names are in that book.  

I found this video of Russel Targ very informative and very interesting.

• Thanks 1

Desertrat56

@Fabula Omnium  I think the video Joc posted answers some of your questions.  There is a lot of research that you can investigate, scientific research done by trained scientists.

Desertrat56
1 hour ago, joc said:

I found this video of Russel Targ very informative and very interesting.

Thanks for posting this.  I really like Russel Targ and Joseph McMoneagle.  I have some of their books.  It is interesting to me though, that the Maryland project started in 1978 and in January of 1978 I was transferred to an existing army remote viewing unit.  It was well established and very active and used enlisted as viewers, not officers.  I have been trying to trace when that project was initiated but it is so secret that even people who were involved will not talk about it, except to others who they know were involved.  I think I can understand the idea that they needed to train officers or at least see if they could. 

Because people may be interested in learning this I would suggest ignoring anything Ed Dames says and that Courtney Brown is not solid.  He may know some stuff but he is too insecure to be trusted.  David Moorehouse works for the Monroe institute and I think he is trustworthy.  He was an army remote viewer and found himself in a difficult position when he wanted to quit the army. 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

The things people will believe.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

White Unicorn
On 10/29/2019 at 5:38 AM, White Crane Feather said:

You might look into some neurogical research with fMRI technology. They are looking into the study of thoughts to transfer images etc. though neuron activities in different sections of the brain. Images language and sound responses. They aren't looking for AP but I think that would lead to another related study if they saw something in unusual happening? 

You might be able to to blow their minds, if you did the vibration meditation, if you got into one of their research groups!

• Like 1