Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Empirical evidence of Astral projection

Fabula Omnium

Empirical evidence of Astral projection

I believe remote viewing to have produced convincing odds against chance in controlled experiments. Something objective and not part of science's current understanding is indeed occurring beyond reasonable doubt.

I feel the quantity, quality and consistency of the testing and the quality and intelligence of the people conducting and analyzing the evidence to be convincing. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I consider supposed astral projection to be nothing more than intentional lucid dreaming. 

You may be right Xeno. The practice of astral projection is indeed an induced hypnagogic state. In fact the techniques for inducing a WILD (Wake Induced Lucid Dream) are indeed the same techniques for astral projection. The altered states of consciousness wether it’s from shamanic traditions or a modern practice all revolve around theses deep places of the mind. Once there it then is a matter of cultural interpretation. If you believe you are just meat sack, then I suppose you can chalk it all up as meaningless.  since it’s an obvious apart of our evolution and human experience, I wouldn’t be so quick to be so dismissive. 

3 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Given the title and subject of the thread, and given that the two sentences above seem somewhat contradictory, may I politely ask how exactly did you rule out a 'hallucination'?  FTR, I've had vivid dreams that were easily equivalent to reality...  But on checking my surroundings when I awoke, it was clear that in actuality nothing had happened except in my sleeping but overactive mind.

As mentioned it’s a very common experience. Usually miss diagnosed as some sort of anxiety issue because it does indeed cause anxiety for obvious reasons. However, it’s possible to let go of that anxiety and learn how to control the sensation and move it throughout the body. 

42980576-17F0-448D-A4D8-476DCB330E7D.png

On 11/5/2019 at 7:33 AM, White Unicorn said:

You might look into some neurogical research with fMRI technology. They are looking into the study of thoughts to transfer images etc. though neuron activities in different sections of the brain. Images language and sound responses. They aren't looking for AP but I think that would lead to another related study if they saw something in unusual happening? 

You might be able to to blow their minds, if you did the vibration meditation, if you got into one of their research groups!

Here is something really interesting. I remember years ago when I looked into Some of the very minimal study that had been done, that there were some conductivity changes in people they were testing. Check this one out. It’s old as dirt, but there didn’t seem to be a lot of new stuff.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1084490/pdf/pnas01840-0080.pdf

Edited by White Crane Feather

16 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

Vibrations are a body sensation that happens just prior to entering into an in between state of body asleep and mind awake. It can start anywhere in the body, but typically it starts from the core. It feels something like a mild to fairly intense electric shock but it can be localized or spread through out the entire body. With experience it can be controllable with a lot of practice. People that experience them for the first time typically are extremely startled by them.

There is a more to them once the sensation becomes part of a life and practice.

Based on my experience it doesn't happen for everyone moving from one state to another.  Thank you for the explanation.

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Based on my experience it doesn't happen for everyone moving from one state to another.  Thank you for the explanation.

Yes I know what you mean. I think what ever is happening is still there, but some people just can’t get to the right spot to be aware of them.

Just now, White Crane Feather said:

Yes I know what you mean. I think what ever is happening is still there, but some people just can’t get to the right spot to be aware of them.

Or maybe skip over that spot.  I have had experienced similar when I am talking to someone and there is something they are conveying that is unbelievable but based on where I feel the vibrations in my body I know whether it is true/real or not. 

8 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Or maybe skip over that spot.  I have had experienced similar when I am talking to someone and there is something they are conveying that is unbelievable but based on where I feel the vibrations in my body I know whether it is true/real or not. 

I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing. I don’t think vibrations can be “skipped.” I only think they can be skipped because of what actually is recorded into memory accessible by the ego. It’s really hard to explain, but when you know how to drop the ego and surrender to the sinking it becomes apparent that they are always there. 

13 hours ago, White Crane Feather said:

I’m not sure we are talking about the same thing. I don’t think vibrations can be “skipped.” I only think they can be skipped because of what actually is recorded into memory accessible by the ego. It’s really hard to explain, but when you know how to drop the ego and surrender to the sinking it becomes apparent that they are always there. 

Yes, maybe the vibrations I have experienced are completely different from what you are talking about. 

And you know everything for everybody?  We are all experiencing being human on planet earth for different reasons and have different perceptions and come to different conclusions about the  unexplainable that happens to us.  I am thinking the vibrations experienced before astral travel or OBE are personal and probably involve fear or attachment to staying in the physical body.  I never experienced those vibrations when leaving my body.