Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
ExpandMyMind

Bernie Sanders Has Heart Procedure

ExpandMyMind

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders is canceling presidential campaign events "until further" notice following a heart procedure, campaign senior adviser Jeff Weaver said Wednesday morning.

Weaver said in a brief written statement that Sanders "experienced some chest discomfort" during a Tuesday evening campaign event.

"Following medical evaluation and testing he was found to have a blockage in one artery and two stents were successfully inserted," Weaver said in the statement. "Sen. Sanders is conversing and in good spirits. He will be resting up over the next few days."

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/02/766402754/bernie-sanders-has-heart-procedure-cancels-events-until-further-notice

Glad that he's okay but this will probably end his chances for the nomination. A 'weak' candidate is an easy target.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OverSword

It was just a clogged artery, right?  You can go back to work in a few days from that.  

Dumbledore the Awesome
Posted (edited)

Fraid that probably puts the nail in his coffin (unfortunate choice of words) for his chances. Shafted by his own party first time round, now this must mean about the end of him (politically I mean.) :( 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

Farmer77
6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Fraid that probably puts the nail in his coffin (unfortunate choice of words) for his chances. Shafted by his own party first time round, now this must mean about the end of him (politically I mean.) :( 

He would be a great candidate to head up HUD or something similar in the next administration

• Like 1

OverSword
4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

He would be a great candidate to head up HUD or something similar in the next administration

You think trump will give him a job at HUD? :w00t:

• Haha 3

hatecraft

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

• Like 2

and then
15 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

Here's to a full and speedy recovery.

Angioplasty in the U.S. is practically an outpatient procedure.  Millions live with stents, just fine.  I'm not sure we've ever had a president with them though.

aztek

remember perfectly healthy but tired hillary? i would not believe for a second they would actually tell the truth 

• Like 1

hacktorp

No one is more relieved at this turn of events than Sanders himself.

This may also prove to be contagious, as "health problems" will be cited as reason for a number of Dems to drop out.

• Haha 1

acidhead

GO BERNIE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

skliss

I heard this morning he's doing well and all. That's good...any procedure can have problems.

My concern is seeing Hillary's mug out and about again.  With Biden's perception issues, whether true or not, and Bernies health a way to capitalize... I'm hoping she doesn't see an opportunity for herself. Though I did get a chuckle out of her saying the problem with her campaign was she wasn't fun enough. She'd come out in clownface if she thought it would give her a chance again. That ego knows no bounds!

• Like 1