Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Jesus so late?

Cake or Death

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Have you seen that television show Dig?  It uses that as the theme of the show.  Very creative the way they presented it.

I will check it out. Thanks for the heads-up!

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:37 PM, Cake or Death said:

Like I said, I am not saying that with certainty, it's just what I gleaned from reading some of the portions.  I am the farthest thing from a biblical scholar, or any kind of scholar lol.  I was merely asking what others thought.  It seemed like he was very assuring to them not to fret that he would be back.

And to my second point or inquiry, if he was being non-committal with a date/time would it make sense for him to wait thousands of years? 

Your guess is as good than the bible...

10 hours ago, magnum mysterium said:

You are thinking of one major version of Christianity, and not all Christians believe in some kind of "Second Coming." I, on the other hand, am waiting for the Jewish messiah, not because I follow the Ebionite's version of Christianity, but because a major event has started, which is the gathering of exiles. So, is the rebuilding of Israel the Third Temple...

The Israeli government has said, categorically that they have no plans whatsoever to dismantle the Dome of the Rock, so there will be no third temple; that boat has pretty much sailed.  Rick and Morty fans however want the mosque re-dedicated as the Dome of the Rick.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Jesus has really existed, and it is possible to reincarnate, then perhaps Jesus has already reincarnated. I don't think it would be possible for anybody to convince all the world's Christians that he is a reincarnation of Jesus, even if he really was. There are countless persons who have claimed to be reincarnations of Jesus during the last 2000 years. Here is for example one who I saw a documentary about on TV a number of years ago: 

9 hours ago, fred_mc said:

If Jesus has really existed, and it is possible to reincarnate, then perhaps Jesus has already reincarnated. I don't think it would be possible for anybody to convince all the world's Christians that he is a reincarnation of Jesus, even if he really was. There are countless persons who have claimed to be reincarnations of Jesus during the last 2000 years. Here is for example one who I saw a documentary about on TV a number of years ago: 

The Kabbalistic Jesus. Convince me.

On 12/20/2019 at 12:47 AM, Alchopwn said:

The Israeli government has said, categorically that they have no plans whatsoever to dismantle the Dome of the Rock, so there will be no third temple; that boat has pretty much sailed. 

The reality that Israel exists as a Jewish nation proves nothing's fixed.

"I will be with you til the end of the age"

The age of Pisces has already ended in 2000 and we are now in the Age of Aquarius (the water bearer).

There are a lot of references to fish and fishing in Jesus' time. Jesus is just the religious figure of the age and nothing more. To me, it's saying that the religion will become redundant and forgotten in the new age and that something else will take it's place.

That's just how I've heard others describe it. There'll be no rapture. No end of the world. No doomsday.

It's just the end of an era. Jesus won't return. A new belief or spirituality is already taking hold and Christianity is taking a back seat and will be widely forgotten in the next couple centuries.

Aries (the ram) predated Christianity. And before that, Taurus (the bull). Ever wondered why there was so many references to bull worship in the Old Testament? Because it was the age of the bull.

Who knows what this age holds - the age of the water bearer. Water is life. We are the only species intelligent enough to 'bear' it. Maybe spirituality and human divinity is next - without religion. I believe pure spirituality and enlightenment is next on the books as the most widely accepted belief. In just a few short years, I've personally seen a huge influx of people - men and women - waking up and realising their spiritual nature. People I'd never think would even consider it. They themselves are surprised.

It's just a theory based on my personal observations.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fred_mc said:

If Jesus has really existed, and it is possible to reincarnate, then perhaps Jesus has already reincarnated. I don't think it would be possible for anybody to convince all the world's Christians that he is a reincarnation of Jesus, even if he really was. 

Why bring reincarnation into the story?  It's ridiculous.

The story is...Jesus was Resurrected...He is alive!  The story is...he will return...and when he does...every eye shall see him, every knee shall bow...

that's the story

13 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

"I will be with you til the end of the age"

The age of Pisces has already ended in 2000 and we are now in the Age of Aquarius (the water bearer).

There are a lot of references to fish and fishing in Jesus' time. Jesus is just the religious figure of the age and nothing more. To me, it's saying that the religion will become redundant and forgotten in the new age and that something else will take it's place.

That's just how I've heard others describe it. There'll be no rapture. No end of the world. No doomsday.

It's just the end of an era. Jesus won't return. A new belief or spirituality is already taking hold and Christianity is taking a back seat and will be widely forgotten in the next couple centuries.

Aries (the ram) predated Christianity. And before that, Taurus (the bull). Ever wondered why there was so many references to bull worship in the Old Testament? Because it was the age of the bull.

Who knows what this age holds - the age of the water bearer. Water is life. We are the only species intelligent enough to 'bear' it. Maybe spirituality and human divinity is next - without religion. I believe pure spirituality and enlightenment is next on the books as the most widely accepted belief. In just a few short years, I've personally seen a huge influx of people - men and women - waking up and realising their spiritual nature. People I'd never think would even consider it. They themselves are surprised.

It's just a theory based on my personal observations.

Seriously ? Do you have the incense burning ?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Seriously ? Do you have the incense burning ?

I wish I could sage you out of these forums :lol:

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, jypsijemini said:

There is a queue for that !

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jypsijemini said:

You and me both, our version of sage is put him on ignore.

Abracadabra poof and he is gone....

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You and me both, our version of sage is put him on ignore.

Abracadabra poof and he is gone....

I must be on the right track, when I see things like that ! :)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, joc said:

Why bring reincarnation into the story?  It's ridiculous.

The story is...Jesus was Resurrected...He is alive!  The story is...he will return...and when he does...every eye shall see him, every knee shall bow...

that's the story

That sounds at least as ridiculous as reincarnation. So you mean that Jesus would have survived his own death (something that wasn't a part of the original version of the oldest gospel, i.e. the gospel of Mark, but which has been added later). Then he would have been alive for 2000 years at some hidden place (alien planet?).

Edited by fred_mc
  • Sad 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:52 AM, fred_mc said:

He's not the only one.  How many do we need?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/07/jesus-messiah-faith-social-media/

The guy you posted about:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/photography/proof/2017/07/jesus-messiah-faith-social-media/

More:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_claimed_to_be_Jesus

https://www.christianpost.com/news/south-african-man-claims-he-is-jesus-christ-believes-he-is-immortal-97435/

https://www.religionnewsblog.com/15901/the-man-who-claims-to-be-jesus

I've heard he can't move until the cat wakes up.

10 hours ago, fred_mc said:

That sounds at least as ridiculous as reincarnation. So you mean that Jesus would have survived his own death (something that wasn't a part of the original version of the oldest gospel, i.e. the gospel of Mark, but which has been added later). Then he would have been alive for 2000 years at some hidden place (alien planet?).

I'm talking about the story of the Gospels in the New Testament.  Jesus: Crucified Dead and Buried...the 3rd day he rose again to sit at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.  That's the story.  The story isn't of Reincarnation or anything else...THAT is the story.

That's all I was saying.  The story is what the story is.  Not what anyone 'wants' it to be or believes it to be or imagines it to be.  The story is the story and that's how we get Christmas and Easter and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with reincarnation.  That's all I was saying...and that's all I'm saying...who believes it to be true or false or whatever is irrelevant.  The story is the story.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/23/2019 at 1:52 AM, fred_mc said:

I thought the entire reason that people who believe in reincarnation try to be spiritual was so that they didn't have to reincarnate anymore.  If Jesus was so very spiritual, why would he even want to reincarnate?  I mean, the Buddhas look on reincarnating as a very unpleasant business, and even compare it to rushing into a burning building to try to rescue stupid children playing inside.  Such acts are not without their risks for the enlightened, and are pretty onerous when you get down to it.  Next time I get enlightened, I think I will just tidy up and leave.  The Conservatives are deaf to wisdom, and the Left want to weaponize compassion, and things will have to get a damned sight worse before they get any better.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

I thought the entire reason that people who believe in reincarnation try to be spiritual was so that they didn't have to reincarnate anymore.  If Jesus was so very spiritual, why would he even want to reincarnate?  I mean, the Buddhas look on reincarnating as a very unpleasant business, and even compare it to rushing into a burning building to try to rescue stupid children playing inside.  Such acts are not without their risks for the enlightened, and are pretty onerous when you get down to it.  Next time I get enlightened, I think I will just tidy up and leave.  The Conservatives are deaf to wisdom, and the Left want to weaponize compassion, and things will have to get a damned sight worse before they get any better.

Maybe Jesus is so unselfish so he would want to reincarnate to help other people, even if he doesn't have to reincarnate, in the same way as people believing in Tibetan Buddhism believe that the current Dalai Lama is the 14th incarnation of the Dalai Lama.

Edited by fred_mc

On 10/4/2019 at 2:46 PM, Great Old Man said:

Even Anti Christ didn't appeared yet. But It seems we are moving to apocalyptic time.

You sure about that ? Tr__p...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You sure about that ? Tr__p...lol

indeed, at least he didn't revealed himself.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:27 PM, fred_mc said:

Maybe Jesus is so unselfish so he would want to reincarnate to help other people, even if he doesn't have to reincarnate, in the same way as people believing in Tibetan Buddhism believe that the current Dalai Lama is the 14th incarnation of the Dalai Lama.

How does reincarnating help anybody?  How many living things seriously devote their lives to anything but the problems that are in front of them?  In many ways you are better off getting out and staying out, as at least that represents actual progress.  As for the Dalai Lama, yeah, people believe a lot of things.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, joc said:

I'm talking about the story of the Gospels in the New Testament.  Jesus: Crucified Dead and Buried...the 3rd day he rose again to sit at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.  That's the story.  The story isn't of Reincarnation or anything else...THAT is the story.

That's all I was saying.  The story is what the story is.  Not what anyone 'wants' it to be or believes it to be or imagines it to be.  The story is the story and that's how we get Christmas and Easter and it doesn't have a damn thing to do with reincarnation.  That's all I was saying...and that's all I'm saying...who believes it to be true or false or whatever is irrelevant.  The story is the story.  

YHWH

Okay, a good 80% of what you said was correct - That was the story, according to Scripture.

Edited by larryp
the details

On 12/24/2019 at 5:27 AM, fred_mc said:

And Tendai Buddhists consider the Dalai Lama a dumbass. :lol:

On 12/26/2019 at 5:57 AM, Alchopwn said:

How does reincarnating help anybody?  How many living things seriously devote their lives to anything but the problems that are in front of them?  In many ways you are better off getting out and staying out, as at least that represents actual progress.  As for the Dalai Lama, yeah, people believe a lot of things.

Non-existence will be such a wonderful thing. :yes:

• Like 1