Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Jesus so late?

Cake or Death

On 10/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, Cake or Death said:

Honestly curious, I don't know that much about religious texts (bible etc) but in reading a bit, it does seem apparent that Jesus indicated he would come back during his follower's life times.  But beyond that, what exactly do Christians think he is waiting for?  Like is there a specific reason he would just arbitrarily pick the "right" time?

I know there are the books of revelations or what have you, but those seem to be very different, like a really bad sequel to the bible lol.

Just my own personal thoughts and belief on your question / topic...

(timing is everything)

He isnt waiting for anything, he is already here.

On 10/4/2019 at 9:37 AM, Pettytalk said:

Yeah, hmmm.... But good for her and the goat! That's awsome! TY

3 hours ago, Debra F. II said:

Yeah, hmmm.... But good for her and the goat! That's awsome! TY

I know you are new here, but for gods sake don't respond to PettyTalks videos. He might come back. :cry: 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I know you are new here, but for gods sake don't respond to PettyTalks videos. He might come back. :cry: 

Not likely. :devil:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/7/2019 at 2:19 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I get what you are saying though, but most people think christianity is all about Jesus, which you are pointing out is not true.

Christianity evolved from Judaism, which evolved from  Egyptian and Sumerian theologies. However Christianity can ONLY be labelled as such AFTER the life of Christ  You cant call it, or have it as, Christian before the life of Christ  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Judaism, which evolved from Egyptian and Sumerian  theologies.

Canaanite. 

Edited by Piney
Urantia is Dreck
  • Like 5

I didn't read the thread, so excuse me if someone already mentioned this: 

"No one knows the day or the hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows." Matthew 24:36-42

Because of that, I keep being surprised when Christians are debating the exact date of the Second Coming. They're supposed to believe it will happen, but they're absolutely not supposed to know when, since it would mean they know more than Jesus and angels. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Christianity evolved from Judaism, which evolved from  Egyptian and Sumerian theologies. However Christianity can ONLY be labelled as such AFTER the life of Christ  You cant call it, or have it as, Christian before the life of Christ  

Right, so why did you say it wasn't about Jesus? 

On 10/18/2019 at 9:21 AM, Alchopwn said:

No, my intention is that other people will read the discussion and see my point, as they will be reading dispassionately and can be more objective as a result.

That should be the goal of all who take part in such discussions.  Let people come to their own conclusions about the topic and about the utility of faith in their own lives.  Every life has its various seasons and some are more fertile for searching in earnest while others are about standing against things that they find personally distasteful or even harmful.  No one remains the same throughout their whole lives.  They learn and evolve or they harden their attitudes, close their minds and devolve.  We each have a choice and it should be respected by others.  

As to the OP... I subscribe to the belief that the Christ is the Creator God of all.  To casually chat about His "faults" or shortcomings is comical at best.  When He returns, He will be here exactly when He needs to be.  He even said so, for those who are willing to take His word seriously.  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

6 hours ago, and then said:

As to the OP... I subscribe to the belief that the Christ is the Creator God of all.  To casually chat about His "faults" or shortcomings is comical at best.  When He returns, He will be here exactly when He needs to be.  He even said so, for those who are willing to take His word seriously.  And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

So... you are really so extremely naive that you will completely accept what is a hand-me-down religion made up of scraps and odds and ends from a multitude of other religions, many of them which your own religion totally demonizes, that is bundled up in a scripture so very full of faulty logic, shamefully poor science, political agenda masquerading as piety, and internal inconsistency that it cannot possibly have anything to do with a perfect being that knows everything, and is then sold by society's sleaziest hypocrites and pedophiles in dresses.  You go girl.

• Like 4

On 12/29/2019 at 2:16 PM, Mr Walker said:

On the contrary, if you went back to 300BC and asked about the Bishops of Christ, you would be sent straight to the temple of Serapis.  Serapis was "the Christ" (the anointed one), and his high priests were the first to bear the title of Episcopos (Bishop).  Also, the ongoing hostility of the Mandean movement towards Christianity speaks volumes to those who care to listen.  The soteriology of Christ was nothing new, only the blasphemy of Jesus was a novelty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

You go girl.

People who feel the need to attack the beliefs of others in such a personal way tend to show more of what's wrong with them than with the beliefs they mock.  Buddy, I couldn't possibly care less what you think of me or my beliefs.  I find it amusing that you'd take the time to behave like you're in a cat-fight.  You seem very impressed with yourself and your extensive knowledge of the world.  Why do you suppose you have a need to mock others?  It seems like a weakness to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, and then said:

People who feel the need to attack the beliefs of others in such a personal way tend to show more of what's wrong with them than with the beliefs they mock.  Buddy, I couldn't possibly care less what you think of me or my beliefs.  I find it amusing that you'd take the time to behave like you're in a cat-fight.  You seem very impressed with yourself and your extensive knowledge of the world.  Why do you suppose you have a need to mock others?  It seems like a weakness to me.

I am trying to wake you up to the fact that you have been lied to in the most egregious fashion possible, but you are taking it as a personal attack.  I always find the unwillingness of people to really look at the religion they claim they believe in with a close and critical eye somewhat amazing.  Why do you want con artists to take you for a fool?  Are you really so scared of there being nothing after death that you'd rather give your money to some lying scumbag every week to avoid facing the fact?  That seems like weakness to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

I suppose with the fossil trail of evolution, no one believes the story of Adam and Eve. However, nowhere did God state Adam and Eve were the first humans. On the contrary he said he created man in his image from the dust of the earth, and it has been found that human dust does indeed contain DNA. And Cain went and found a wife in the land of Nod, east of Eden. And did he not tell the Serpent that he would place enmity between his seed and her seed. The Serpent title was just symbolic. Let the blind lead the blind. All the "critical thinking" cannot undo that which is written. Keep believing.

47 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

I suppose with the fossil trail of evolution, no one believes the story of Adam and Eve. However, nowhere did God state Adam and Eve were the first humans. On the contrary he said he created man in his image from the dust of the earth, and it has been found that human dust does indeed contain DNA. And Cain went and found a wife in the land of Nod, east of Eden. And did he not tell the Serpent that he would place enmity between his seed and her seed. The Serpent title was just symbolic. Let the blind lead the blind. All the "critical thinking" cannot undo that which is written. Keep believing.

adam and eve was of the three rivers  that were cave men that supported the figs of the trees .

21 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Jesus is here al the time and is within everyone.

New King James Version
I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

https://www.biblehub.com/john/17-23.htm

You probably won't like me saying this, but that Bible quote just sounds WAY too sexual, and really rather creepy and non-consensual too.  You don't suppose it is reading passages like this that drives those priests to do all those bad things do you?

7 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

You probably won't like me saying this, but that Bible quote just sounds WAY too sexual, and really rather creepy and non-consensual too.  You don't suppose it is reading passages like this that drives those priests to do all those bad things do you?

Just before the part docyabut quoted we have this:

17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You

Not only is it sexual, but it also promotes homosexuality and incest. I mean he is talking about being inside his father. I wonder why she left out that part. :innocent:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Just before the part docyabut quoted we have this:

17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You

Not only is it sexual, but it also promotes homosexuality and incest. I mean he is talking about being inside his father. I wonder why she left out that part. :innocent:

Daddy Issues?  I guess I blew my chance at getting her number :whistle:

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2019 at 8:48 AM, XenoFish said:

5000 years from now people will still be waiting, in 5000 years from that they'll still be waiting. That's if we don't go extinct first or Christianity does within the next 10,000 years. 

OR 5000 years from now civilization will be rebuilding and no one will remember this civilization.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

OR 5000 years from now civilization will be rebuilding and no one will remember this civilization.

Will our myths and religions find root on other worlds that we might colonize? Will they adapt and change. The "promised land" might become the "promised world". Who truly knows? I don't. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Will our myths and religions find root on other worlds that we might colonize? Will they adapt and change. The "promised land" might become the "promised world". Who truly knows? I don't. 

Who knows.  In this I am pessimistic that we will not colonize any other worlds.  In order to do that successfully we would have to come together as a world community, but I don't see that happening.  I see scientists forming groups to do that, but I see too much politics defeating it.  Maybe the scientists will build a separate, underground community that includes all world scientists who want to be included and get off the planet, but we will not know about it or be allowed to participate.  In that case, the colonies will be founded on some completely different type of society.  And we will still be here fighting to the death of humanity.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 4:17 PM, Cake or Death said:

Honestly curious, I don't know that much about religious texts (bible etc) but in reading a bit, it does seem apparent that Jesus indicated he would come back during his follower's life times.  But beyond that, what exactly do Christians think he is waiting for?  Like is there a specific reason he would just arbitrarily pick the "right" time?

I know there are the books of revelations or what have you, but those seem to be very different, like a really bad sequel to the bible lol.

Is he actually late? His followers life times are still going on. If Christianity became a dead religion then would be the time to wonder about Jesus's timing.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rashore said:

Is he actually late? His followers life times are still going on. If Christianity became a dead religion then would be the time to wonder about Jesus's timing.

The myth that Jesus Christ will come back is linked to the judaic myth of the messiah showing up.  Some want Jesus to be that messiah. 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 1:17 PM, Cake or Death said:

Like is there a specific reason he would just arbitrarily pick the "right" time?

Yes, it's called 'Perfection'

• Haha 1