Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why is Jesus so late?

Cake or Death

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Lets take a look at what you want:

The same divine guidance that condones child abuse and spouse abuse and the disfigurement of women for defending themselves. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Piney said:

The same divine guidance that condones child abuse and spouse abuse and the disfigurement of women for defending themselves. 

Apparently thats what larryp wants. :wacko:

Alternatively he didn't really think it through when he wrote it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

- the same divine guidance that condones slavery.

- the same divine guidance that punishes people for seeking knowledge.

- the same divine guidance that could prevent things like diseases and hunger, but chooses not to.

- the same divine guidance that tells women that they are worth less than men.

- the same divine guidance that is still punishing people for something that supposedly happened thousands of years ago.

I'll pass.

Some of the above are so absurd, I won't dignify it with a response. None of the above is true!! 

YHWH's theocracy is very inclusive. Jesus set the example when he talked to a woman at a well. What makes this more scandalous is that she was a samaritan, a culture whom the jews viewed as unclean.

Jesus was talking to her about God's theocracy and how it would bring about everlasting life. John 4:1-42

18 minutes ago, larryp said:

Some of the above are so absurd, I won't dignify it with a response. None of the above is true!! 

Have you ever actually read the bible ? It sure doesn't sound like it.

The examples I provided are to be found in Genesis and Exodus. 

You really should read the bible you might find a lot of things that you will find surprising. Things like talking donkeys, people living in fish and a zombie event in Jerusalem. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

You really should read the bible you might find a lot of things that you will find surprising. Things like talking donkeys, people living in fish and a zombie event in Jerusalem. 

. . . also, YHWH parted the Red Sea and saved good King Hezekiah from the Assyrians. All of which are true. The latter is supported by history. So, you see, you talk a lot, but you don't say much!!  

1 hour ago, larryp said:

. . . also, YHWH parted the Red Sea and saved good King Hezekiah from the Assyrians. All of which are true. The latter is supported by history. So, you see, you talk a lot, but you don't say much!!  

Any Rabbi or Israeli archaeologist will tell you Moses never existed and the Egyptian captivity never happened and history only shows Hezekiah buying off the Assyrians and remaining as a vassal to them. 

Edited by Piney
The Bible is poop
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, larryp said:

. . . also, YHWH parted the Red Sea

How do you know that the parting of the Red Sea happened ?

Please don't refer to Ron Wyatt as he is so fradulent that even Answers in Genesis don't accept his "findings".

and saved good King Hezekiah from the Assyrians. All of which are true. The latter is supported by history.

Why is it that there are some minor passages that deals with people who existed, but the major characters such as Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus are mentioned nowhere but the bible ?

Basically you are counting the small hits, while ignoring the massive misses. Just because a clock is right twice a day doesn't mean its working.

So, you see, you talk a lot, but you don't say much!!  

What have I said that isn't true ? Just bacause you don't want to hear it doesn't mean its wrong.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, larryp said:

YHWH's theocracy is very inclusive. Jesus set the example when he talked to a woman at a well. What makes this more scandalous is that she was a samaritan, a culture whom the jews viewed as unclean.

Jesus was talking to her about God's theocracy and how it would bring about everlasting life. John 4:1-42

IF she changed her ways!  That is the rub.  Jesus will talk to anyone (fictional character, you can say he did or said anything).  But that person only receives "salvation" if they follow Your Rules.  It has nothing to do with history or facts.  If it did more people would agree on what Jesus did and said AND there would be proof that he actually existed.  Another biggest problem I have is that humans make rules and claim God told them or that those rules were written in a book that God wrote.  Ignorant!  And even those who understand my gripe want to tell me that the book was written by people inspired by god, but the inspiration was theirs and they can claim the spaghetti monster or Chutlu for any other imaginary character told them to write that book.  it would be no different.

Now if you take the bible as a badly translated version of historical records and  made up letters from a misogynist roman character who changed his name when he was inspired by his version of god, then I would have no argument with you.  There is some history in the old and new testaments that are called "The Bible" but nothing else very useful.  And it is skewed depending on the translation.

P.S. in my opinion you insisting on using the name "YHWH" is just an affectation to make yourself seem more educated.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Please don't refer to Ron Wyatt as he is so fradulent that even Answers in Genesis don't accept his "findings".

What? You can't believe that a Ottoman Era outpost could of prevented the ancient Hebrews from taking a  safer alternative route? :o

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

What? You can't believe that a Ottoman Era outpost could of prevented the ancient Hebrews from taking a  safer alternative route? :o

I allways found it hilarious that they took 40 years to travel a distance that should only take a few weeks at most. Divine guidance I guess. :innocent:

• Like 2

On 3/29/2020 at 3:14 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The examples I provided are to be found in Genesis and Exodus. 

Genesis and Exodus are two lengthy books; care to provide a verse, since you read it. 

On 3/29/2020 at 9:39 PM, Piney said:

Any Rabbi or Israeli archaeologist will tell you Moses never existed and the Egyptian captivity never happened and history only shows Hezekiah buying off the Assyrians and remaining as a vassal to them. 

HI Piney, just because there haven't been any archeological artifacts found, regarding the mass exodus, doesn't mean it didn't happen. That's ok because there are so many more archaeology artifacts that testify to the authenticity of the Scriptures. 

Just now, larryp said:

HI Piney, just because there haven't been any archeological artifacts found, regarding the mass exodus, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Are you saying Jewish scholars and archaeologists are wrong and you, a American Christian who's not a academic is right?

That is called "Anti-Semitism".

2 minutes ago, larryp said:

That's ok because there are so many more archaeology artifacts that testify to the authenticity of the Scriptures. 

Where? 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2020 at 5:39 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

- the same divine guidance that condones slavery.

- the same divine guidance that punishes people for seeking knowledge.

- the same divine guidance that could prevent things like diseases and hunger, but chooses not to.

- the same divine guidance that tells women that they are worth less than men.

- the same divine guidance that is still punishing people for something that supposedly happened thousands of years ago.

I'll pass.

Let's not forget the divine guidance that allows incest and various forms of rape. Oh, forced marriage too. And plundering and spoils of war....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rashore said:

Let's not forget the divine guidance that allows incest and various forms of rape. Oh, forced marriage too. And plundering and spoils of war....

I just took the first that came to mind, if I had to make a complete list of gods "divine guidance" it would have been too long for a single post. :innocent:

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Haha 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

Christianity is just another cult of ego. 

Which is attractive to people with insecurity issues.

20 minutes ago, rashore said:

Or killing and burning everybody and everything then leaving it lay after a war like El told Saul to do....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, larryp said:

Genesis and Exodus are two lengthy books; care to provide a verse, since you read it. 

I wont do the work for you and the reason is that I don't believe you are acting in good faith here. In fact I'm sure you are just waiting to hit me with some old apologetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

Which is attractive to people with insecurity issues.

That's how religions work. Give people an imaginary problem and an imaginary solution. Toss in some hellfire consequences for disobedience. Boom, shake and bake religion.

• Like 2

Jesus, if he existed as a mortal man, was killed. That's why he's "late." He ain't coming back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Jesus, if he existed as a mortal man, was killed. That's why he's "late." He ain't coming back.

If he existed he was a human sacrifice and following him is basically idolatry. Which is supposedly a no no.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Christianity is just another cult of ego. 

Oh, I dunno. Christianity can have it's good points and followers too, just like most faiths and religions. Some folks just get weird about it, which can turn out to be unfortunate.

I know some Christians that accept the good and bad in their bible, and do try to be a follower of Christ instead of a cherry-picker of the bible. Good folks that don't just love the light, but can keep faith despite the dark. It's not my faith, but it works for them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

Oh, I dunno. Christianity can have it's good points and followers too, just like most faiths and religions. Some folks just get weird about it, which can turn out to be unfortunate.

I know some Christians that accept the good and bad in their bible, and do try to be a follower of Christ instead of a cherry-picker of the bible. Good folks that don't just love the light, but can keep faith despite the dark. It's not my faith, but it works for them.

While this is true that there are those of faith who aren't crazy with it. I get the feeling that this idea of one's own self-importance plays a heavy part. That whole "I am chosen", "God loves me." "If I pray......" etc. There is a bit of self centeredness in that. I can't say that all Christians are bad, I've got respect for at least 3 on the forum. Most of the time it seem that the fringe element is around. Those who take it way too seriously. 

Edited by XenoFish
ugh need sleep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rashore said:

Except that form of Christianity is dying out and the Evangelical lunacy is showing a growth spurt. 

• Like 2