Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'UFO fleet' caught on camera off US coast

UM-Bot

3 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Chinese Lanterns

Yup.

• Like 3

They seem a bit bright for Chinese lanterns, I think they are more likely to be flares.

• Like 4

I wouldn't be surprised if it was drones of some sort... 

~

• Like 1

Obviously it is a formation of alien spacecraft. Why else would you pan your camera around and not focus on the actual spacecraft???? Also that explains the 30 second video. It is an unwritten rule that if you ever see a real swarm of alien craft you can only shoot a 30 second video, tops. Sort of like bigfoot prints, if you find them you NEVER actually try and follow them....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

The invasion has begun! :cry:

I'm burying my CDs, like Samuel Pepys did with his cheese.

• Haha 2

I think Chinese lanterns might be a contender actually. They are not all that far away I don't think, so if the are big, the would be of reasonable brightness, Chinese lanterns are often set of in groups and I thought maybe the intensity in brightness could be caused be the wind? 

Just a guess. 

• Like 3

This conversation was overheard on the ship to ship communicators of the alien fleet:

"You guys want to go down to Earth, light up our ships and fly over the ocean for a little bit?"

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

I think Chinese lanterns might be a contender actually. They are not all that far away I don't think, so if the are big, the would be of reasonable brightness, Chinese lanterns are often set of in groups and I thought maybe the intensity in brightness could be caused be the wind? 

Just a guess. 

I was thinking the brightness could be aided by the setting sun. The colors are similar enough to be a bit of reflection maybe?

• Like 1

The guy starving in the raft shot all his flares in despair looking at the ferry on the horizon. People on the ferry think they are UFO and let the guy starve to death. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

If aliens are supposed to be spying on us in secret, why are these alien spacecrafts always flying around with their lights on?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Military doing some sort of drill

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was drones of some sort... 

~

The thought has never occurred to me before. I think you just nailed about 90%+ of modern day sightings from now on. Makes me want to buy a drone & attach a series of lights so I can start messing with people. LOL

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

That video experience just makes me want to go back to bed and give this morning a redo in another couple hours...

• Like 1

In the middle of the ocean, no land, no nothing, nothing at all. 

There is the ferry they are on so highly posible another boat in the distance beyond the horizon or even to the right or left, but he does not give enough time to look and he does not have the equipment to see.

It is not always posible to see other vessels clearly on the seas surface, hence ships have radars and it is always a good idea to take a telescope with you when you are going on a cruise.  

Do look like sky lanterns. They would appear brighter because the sky is getting darker.

If the guy had contacted the coast guard, he would have likely been given the answer. The captain of the ship very likely knew the answer too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jowasmus said:

The thought has never occurred to me before. I think you just nailed about 90%+ of modern day sightings from now on. Makes me want to buy a drone & attach a series of lights so I can start messing with people. LOL

Look up recent videos of drone entertainment presentations on YouTube, there's a nice list of videos from China celebrating the recent moon cake festival... 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pettytalk said:

If aliens are supposed to be spying on us in secret, why are these alien spacecrafts always flying around with their lights on?

The art of blending in so they fly around being FAA compliant as to not arouse suspicion.

And that is the Gospel truth.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Saru said:

They seem a bit bright for Chinese lanterns, I think they are more likely to be flares.

They don't look like flares to me, but I have only seen military flares.  The fact that he starts with "Nothin' in the sky at all", then moves the camera  over and says "Bam..."  makes me think he knew the lights were there to begin with and probably knows what they are.

I used to live around CFB Comox. There were these style of flairs around there all the time.

6 hours ago, Pettytalk said:

Maybe it is only a small fraction of the aliens who are doing that, the ones who forgot to turn off the lights, or who have a malfunctioning cloaking field. In that case, the sky might actually be full of alien crafts of which we are only seeing a tiny fraction.

6 hours ago, jowasmus said:

One of my coworkers has done that and had a cop show up to watch him fly his RC helicopter, then tell him several of the neighbors called in a UFO sighting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Could it be chrome or silver colored balloons since the "fleet" is in no given formation?  At one point, it seems they are swaying also and since they are fairly close to the sunset (or sunrise, not sure which) could it also be that color reflecting off of them?

Based on what is on the article, I'd guess the guy was facing SW on route 4. See map. 

ferry-map_compress15.thumb.jpg.ba26445983fde1bd9e6fe4e8f863b268.jpg

So it's about 40 km to shore in that direction. Very easily could be civilian caused. Sky lanterns seems a very likely cause. Mylar balloons not so much, as they arent twinkling like balloons would, and the sun is generally behind them.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Based on what is on the article, I'd guess the guy was facing SW on route 4. See map. 

So it's about 40 km to shore in that direction. Very easily could be civilian caused. Sky lanterns seems a very likely cause. Mylar balloons not so much, as they arent twinkling like balloons would, and the sun is generally behind them.

we could sit here pontificating over data like this for the next 200 years:

it's only a <ufo> = zzzz because the person filming it says it is!

The usual boring crap IMO:sleepy:

• The topic was locked