Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pastor keeps texting while speaking tongues

Aquila King

13 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Televangelist Perry Stone can't stop texting while speaking in tongues. 

Schmuck......

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Televangelist Perry Stone can't stop texting while speaking in tongues. 

When you're leading service and get the "I want a divorce" text ^ :lol:

It's just yet more evidence of how it's all a total act.

It looks like he is tongue tided

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why is there someone wiping the table, is he spitting as he is blabbing a load of nonsense? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

How few brain cells does a person have to have to watch this guy texting and still think his speaking in tongues are legit.

• Thanks 4

My interpretation of the pastor and his holy rolling nonsense

Ooogity bai boogity (checks phone)

“I want a divorce, I am taking everything!”

ooobamba dajimbaba... “aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh” (a crap, ho gonna be smooth rolling my butt.”

Edited by newbloodmoon

He needs to apologize, make a huge donation to charity and retire.  He's done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Why is there someone wiping the table, is he spitting as he is blabbing a load of nonsense? 

Knocked over his beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, newbloodmoon said:

My interpretation of the pastor and his holy rolling nonsense

Tell you what,a generation past  I did have snake handling, glossolalia  spouting in-laws.  Nice people, though as a kid you wouldn't want to stay at their house over the weekend.,  

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Tell you what,a generation past  I did have snake handling, glossolalia  spouting in-laws.  Nice people, though as a kid you wouldn't want to stay at their house over the weekend.,  

Now the prospect of a weekend at their place, is a true halloween horror story...

What's the novelty here? It's been going on for ages. Some are easy to spot, and some are more elusive. And more importantly, religion is not the only bait.

Human nature and the striving for survival of the fittest, at its best. It's best for some to take advantage of those they believe are the weaker. There are those that believe they can survive better by having more material wealth than others. 

For certain, those of like nature, these that are caught red-handed, must be atheists, otherwise they would not use that very religion as their tool for their "crimes." If they actually believed it, they could not possibly be foolish enough to risk damnation, or could they? 

But I'm thinking that there is a good chance that they too are being used by the Big Fisherman, as bait, for those who foolishly follow the baited hook, one baited with the material wealth preached by these prosperity preachers, who are the worms on the hook. After all they preach that money seeded to them will yield a larger crop for those seeding the ministries.

You shall know the tree by its fruit. And what will a man gain if it gains the whole world and lose his soul?, etc.... Apparently the faithful flock of these prosperity ministries never consider certain passages in the book they are said to follow. But, these wiggly worms can be very deceptive even to those that bother reading, as they are very good at twisting and stretching the words which they gladly interpret for the readers, as well as for the listeners.

Bottom line.....these preachers (legal thieves) get what they ask, because those that give want more of what they give......material wealth. Apparently the faithful flock are not concerned with such words as these: Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.…

There is an old saying, "a man warned is half saved", and the rest is up for grabs!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

It looks like he is tongue tided

Perhaps he's using google translate to read God's text to him. Even God must be hooked on the use of smart phones these days. Apple Iphone, no doubt!

His wife is texting him to pick up eggs and milk on the way home. And keeps adding to the list.:lol:

• Haha 5

• 2 months later...

Speaking in Tongues means speaking fluently in other languages--not gibbering like a loon.

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Speaking in Tongues means speaking fluently in other languages--not gibbering like a loon.

Depends on the denomination I think.  He's doing the glossolalia version of speaking in tongues, which essentially may as well be gibberish.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Depends on the denomination I think.  He's doing the glossolalia version of speaking in tongues, which essentially may as well be gibberish.

The Biblical account was that which I referred to, which was understandable utterances. Charismatics rave on, incoherently, in one of their Apostolic seizures and call that "speaking in tongues". 

26 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

The Biblical account was that which I referred to, which was understandable utterances. Charismatics rave on, incoherently, in one of their Apostolic seizures and call that "speaking in tongues". 

Corinthians 1 implies that the glossolalia version was also around:  "For anyone who speaks in a tongue[a] does not speak to people but to God. Indeed, no one understands them; they utter mysteries by the Spirit."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

A revisionist interpolation, directly contradicting the original event in Acts.

Acts was written decades after 1 Corinthians. Peter Kirby's widely admired estimates (reflecting moderate mainstream scholars) are 50-60 for Paul's letter versus 80-130 for Acts.

http://earlychristianwritings.com/

In neither work was Paul present for the Pentecost event; in his letter, he's describing what was going on in Corinth, not what may or may not have happened years before in Jerusalem. Even if something like that really had happened, Paul's letters never refer to it in any recognizable way.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, eight bits said:

Acts was written decades after 1 Corinthians. Peter Kirby's widely admired estimates (reflecting moderate mainstream scholars) are 50-60 for Paul's letter versus 80-130 for Acts.

http://earlychristianwritings.com/

In neither work was Paul present for the Pentecost event; in his letter, he's describing what was going on in Corinth, not what may or may not have happened years before in Jerusalem. Even if something like that really had happened, Paul's letters never refer to it in any recognizable way.

I prefer the estimates of conservative scholars which narrows the gap, considerably, between the two. In any event, there's no certainty of authorship or date written of much of the canonical scriptures and apocrypha, so it boils down to what one chooses to believe. 

Edited by Hammerclaw

Oh, the doubters!

He was obviously texting in tongues, for those that couldn't make it to the service. 

What a great preacher.

• Haha 5

38 minutes ago, SoWhatNow said:

Oh, the doubters!

He was obviously texting in tongues, for those that couldn't make it to the service. 

What a great preacher.

Oh here we go, someone who got 'saved '? :D

What did he do,

Grew back a leg you lost?

Mend your broken back so now you can walk?

Fixed your blindness so now you can see?

Maybe he gave you special feet flippers so now you can walk on water? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Glossolalia is a topic that interests me. I speak in tongues and am not religious, although I am spiritual. I am looking for the true origin of this phenomenon. I know the Biblical version although I tend to think glossolalia precedes Acts.  It happened to me decades ago when I was halfheartedly praying for someone I didn't know and wasn't interested in. I was far from any kind of religious fervor, in fact I was tired and wanted to go home. I was with a group of people, mostly friends that had been meditating and praying for some time. I felt like we had  prayed for half the town and had lost interest by the time we got to this prayer request. I resigned myself to praying for the other half of the town when a  strange electrical sensation started at the top of my head and swept down my body causing every hair to stand on end. Not unpleasant but certainly startling, and then out of my mouth came words I didn't know. I was astounded. It was an amazing feeling of POWER. I cannot describe nor understand it, except that it felt like pure energy, electrical energy. Those powerful feelings abated over time although the ability to speak at will has not.

Some studies have shown that when a person is speaking like this our own language center in the brain is bypassed. As far as the preacher texting and speaking in tongues at the same time - I don't think it's possible because he'd have to engage his own language center overriding whatever/whoever is speaking. My theory anyway.