Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oklahoma woman shot by dog

BrooklynGuy

Oklahoma woman apparently shot by dog, claims cops

See Spot shoot! An Oklahoma woman suffered a gunshot wound on Oct. 3 from an unlikely assailant — a Labrador retriever. Tina Springer purportedly was shot by the golden Lab when she and the older gentleman she serves as an aide to were waiting for a train to pass in Enid. Officials believe the dog bounded from the vehicle’s backseat onto the console, causing a gun to discharge. The bullet lodged into the victim’s left thigh, according to cops who believe cloth from the seat covers might have gotten wedged into the firearm’s trigger well, causing it to fire.

Read more: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-oklahoma-woman-apparently-shot-by-dog-20191006-h2licvg7avfjhc3muxpgwiu7ca-story.html

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Not a Lab! :P  A Chihuahua, sure... but a LAB?  Their like the friendliest and most docile critter on the planet.  

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Taun said:

Who the heck drives around with a loaded and un-safed rifle?...

A lot of people apparently.  My ex's nephew shot himself in the knee when he was in the car waiting for my ex and found the loaded weapon.  He was 14 and should have been taught about guns but apparently not.  And I think Virginia has stricter gun laws than Oklahoma.

Desertrat. The way you worded that makes it sound like her nephew is severely stupid. The wording you used made it seem as though he didn't know what it was, and after spinning it around and fiddling with it for awhile, he eventually shot himself by incident.

I'm sure it was an incident, but i don't think anyone who hasn't been living in an isolated tribe would be dumb enough to need to be taught on guns. Not even children. with their portrayal in toys, tv, ect.

Actually never-mind, I bet that even a 14-year-old who HAS been living in complete isolation in a tribe, if he saw a gun for the first time he would know what it's used for just from the poster of the guy holding it. This isn't because humans are intelligent either, it because of common sense.

like I said I'm sure it ~Was infact an incident, but not in the way your wording made it sound like. If so, there is no amount of teaching that would have helped him.

Ma'am I'm sorry to tell you this but he has contracted a fatal disease called "stupid" there is nothing we can do for him. Thankfully though it isn't genetic, or else natural selection would have eradicated this disease a long time ago. However, he might not make it to adulthood, since this disease has an infinite risk factor throughout the course of your life. Chances of him dying doing some stupid $h1t are infinite, We simply can't put warning signs of the obvious on everything.

XD jokes aside. Point is, guns are common sense. 

Edited by It's Just An Opinion
Always copy your posts this site's bug will delete parts of it.

5 hours ago, Taun said:

When you search for  it, you find it...people like that deserve the bullet in the thigh...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

When you search for  it, you find it...people like that deserve the bullet in the thigh...

I was going to say that "they should have had the Safety on" but I'm not sure if all modern guns are made with a safety feature, but I might be wrong. It seems like something that would be regulated into gun manufacturing. 

• Like 2

I don't own a gun but have heard owners state, once you're in possession of gun..it's your responsibility! Be careful (check chamber) and keep in safe location. Sounds like a careless owner. With that said, labs can be wild (great dogs but very..energetic) my family owned a lab for years. Assume dog was startled by train.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

Desertrat. The way you worded that makes it sound like her nephew is severely stupid. The wording you used made it seem as though he didn't know what it was, and after spinning it around and fiddling with it for awhile, he eventually shot himself by incident.

I'm sure it was an incident, but i don't think anyone who hasn't been living in an isolated tribe would be dumb enough to need to be taught on guns. Not even children. with their portrayal in toys, tv, ect.

Actually never-mind, I bet that even a 14-year-old who HAS been living in complete isolation in a tribe, if he saw a gun for the first time he would know what it's used for just from the poster of the guy holding it. This isn't because humans are intelligent either, it because of common sense.

like I said I'm sure it ~Was infact an incident, but not in the way your wording made it sound like. If so, there is no amount of teaching that would have helped him.

Ma'am I'm sorry to tell you this but he has contracted a fatal disease called "stupid" there is nothing we can do for him. Thankfully though it isn't genetic, or else natural selection would have eradicated this disease a long time ago. However, he might not make it to adulthood, since this disease has an infinite risk factor throughout the course of your life. Chances of him dying doing some stupid $h1t are infinite, We simply can't put warning signs of the obvious on everything.

XD jokes aside. Point is, guns are common sense. 

I agree in part with what you say.  The ex was a cop at the time and always had loaded guns where children could get to it. He actually got in trouble with his boss and was told he better keep his weapon locked up when not on duty, which he then did.   The 14 year old had grown up watching his uncle play quick draw with a gun, never being told it was loaded.  He found it in the glove box and messed with it and it went off accidentally (he didn't shoot himself on purpose, he was being stupid) he was not taught to treat any gun as if it is loaded, he was taught that guns are to play with and mess around with.  I did word it incorrectly, but I divorced that man for a lot of reasons including worrying about my kids or their cousins dying because the reprobate left his gun in the toybox, which actually happened at a family get together (that day it was a bag of toys we brought) and luckily when the four year old pulled it out of the toy bag his mother was sitting right there and told him to give it to her.  She was the only sister-in-law that actually taught her kids to behave.  If it had been one of the other boys there might have been a tragedy.  Some people are just stupid and you can't fix that, but you can walk away from it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

I was going to say that "they should have had the Safety on" but I'm not sure if all modern guns are made with a safety feature, but I might be wrong. It seems like something that would be regulated into gun manufacturing. 

I believe that most modern rifles have a safety feature of one sort or another - other than just unloading the darned thing... I've owned several rifles of different types and when I wasn't using them or planning on using them - I would store them with the bolt group removed (helps prevent rust, etc also) - when driving to a range to use them I would transport them bolt less and in a case... I've never owned many pistols but the few I have had were treated similar to rifles... I've never owned a vehicle "gun rack" nor would I EVER transport a firearm (rifle or pistol) on the car seat or on a "console"...  That just has "Bad idea" written all over it...

I've spent my entire life around firearms - having been an "Army brat" and then in the Infantry will do that to you - and firearm safety has always been stressed to me from about age 4 (my first BB gun - times were different back then)...

I was living for awhile with a woman who had a 10 year old boy who was a total self centered brat, and he kept trying to get at my rifles.. so, I sold them off, to prevent any chance of that little hellion doing something horrible... I did become more worried about home defense than I had been - but I was worried more about what that brat could have done... That was about 15ish years ago and the boy is in prison right now - so I think I made the right decision...

Edited by Taun
  • Thanks 1

Sheesh, I knew the Second Amendment was about arming bears, but dogs as well?

• Haha 3

On 10/6/2019 at 8:40 PM, Desertrat56 said:

(he didn't shoot himself on purpose, he was being stupid) he was not taught to treat any gun as if it is loaded

I think he "is" stupid, as in present tense, not "was" He shouldn't need to be taught on how to handle guns, he's a 14 year old living in modern society. He should've known better as in; had the common sense to not make that sort of mistake, Yes, ai'm aware that all people make mistakes, but my point here is that ~That is the kind of mistake that stupid people make.

I do wish him the best of luck- (not really that's just some conformative formality type of talk.) -I just hope he's never near me, cause he might do something stupid that might end up killing both of us. Intelligence is something that can be taught and learned with effort or ease, but common sense is something that you either have it or you don't, from birth; You could even call it instincts. 

but I divorced that man for a lot of reasons including

That was smart on your part. :)

and luckily when the four year old pulled it out of the toy bag his mother was sitting right there and told him to give it to her.

Now 4 year olds are the ones you need to keep away from the guns, I think until they reach the age of 10 they might not have the ability to understand how dangerous they are, and even at 10 they might still have the child's playfulness-(dangerous levels of stupidity XD) -to mess with things, combined with more movement AND intelligence of how to obtain them by climbing or opening drawers. so yeh 10 to 6 they should be warned and taught on guns, but by 14 years old I think that her nephew should've known better, and as for any younger than four there's no point of in even explaining it to them, Just keep the guns out of their reach. (not just high up but locked away) She did the right move, still... for him to leave a gun in a toy bag or box, that guy was dangerously stupid, or drunk. I'd consider that kind of stupidity attemptive murder. 

Some people are just stupid and you can't fix that, but you can walk away from it.

yup

On 10/7/2019 at 7:29 AM, Taun said:

I was living for awhile with a woman who had a 10 year old boy who was a total self centered brat, and he kept trying to get at my rifles.. so, I sold them off, to prevent any chance of that little hellion doing something horrible... I did become more worried about home defense than I had been - but I was worried more about what that brat could have done... That was about 15ish years ago and the boy is in prison right now - so I think I made the right decision...

For home safety, perhaps you could have picked up the habit of carrying a small one with you at all times. and i mean ~all times. straped while you're sleeping, on the floor next to the bathtub ect. (and I say strapped while you sleep because you did mention that he was a hellion brat) so who know he might have snuck into the room and taken it. but if you got rid of them, that was probably for the best, so good for you. Better safe than sorry. Can never be too safe around kids, or the crazy, or the mentally disabled. There's no knowing what they'll do, by incident or not. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aztek said:

it happens from time to time, iirc few years back a hunter in his boat was shot, when a dog stepped on a shotgun's trigger

he protect, he atac, but most importantly he shoot your back. 

DANGER DOGGO.

X'D HAHAAHAH

• Haha 1

btw desert, I'm actually ~trying to be rude. (I do think her 14year old is stupid) but I would never actually use the kind of wording I did  to express that, The reason I did here is because I was trying to be rude for the sake of humor. So I'm sorry if I offended you or maybe her, or her nephew, I never speak that rudely to people in person (not that i speak to people ever) but yeh, in person Id be way more shallow despite being just as blunt (can i use shallow like that? is that a right way to use shallow? IDK but it feels right with the sentence here)  

14 minutes ago, It's Just An Opinion said:

btw desert, I'm actually ~trying to be rude. (I do think her 14year old is stupid) but I would never actually use the kind of wording I did  to express that, The reason I did here is because I was trying to be rude for the sake of humor. So I'm sorry if I offended you or maybe her, or her nephew, I never speak that rudely to people in person (not that i speak to people ever) but yeh, in person Id be way more shallow despite being just as blunt (can i use shallow like that? is that a right way to use shallow? IDK but it feels right with the sentence here)  

Well, I did say he was being stupid.  Even watching a grown up play quick draw with a loaded gun should have been enough for him to think about the consequences but it didn't.  Kids do what they see the adults around them doing.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 4:23 PM, Taun said:

Someone who should not be allowed to own a gun, or a car. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As for this rather stupid woman who got shot, 

My sympathy

tiny-violin.jpg?resize=620,400

• Like 2

Sneaky lab to shoot his owner it's why i prefer cats :-D

Edited by Impedancer
  • Haha 1