Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Princess Margaret's blessing through psychic

Still Waters

Some actors avoid excessive research, but for Helena Bonham Carter to play Princess Margaret in The Crown meant reading all the biographies, talking to friends, ladies-in-waiting and relatives, and consulting an astrologer, a graphologist and a psychic.

The last meeting meant she could talk to the princess herself, the actor told Cheltenham literature festival.

“She said, apparently, she was glad it was me. My main thing when you play someone who is real, you kind of want their blessing because you have a responsibility.

“So I asked her: ‘Are you OK with me playing you?’ and she said: ‘You’re better than the other actress’ … that they were thinking of. They will not admit who it was. It was me and somebody else.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/oct/06/helena-bonham-carter-sought-princess-margaret-blessing-through-psychic-the-crown

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This type of psychic reading sounds very much like what the Long Island Medium (yep, I'm a fan) does. 

Let's get a reading on this Princess Margret channeling claim.

Papameter: 75% Genuine  25% Honest Error or Hoax

Consideration: Helena Bonham Carter is a serious respected actress that isn't likely to intentionally engage in a phony media stunt.

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

This type of psychic reading sounds very much like what the Long Island Medium (yep, I'm a fan) does. 

Let's get a reading on this Princess Margret channeling claim.

Consideration: Helena Bonham Carter is a serious respected actress that isn't likely to intentionally engage in a phony media stunt.

Helena Bonham Carter may be a respected actress, but she's a known eccentric who has indeed engaged in weird media stunts. The possibility that a medium was able to channel Princess Margaret is non-existent. Mediums are the biggest scam artists going (and yes, that includes the fake Long Island Medium whose tactics were exposed a few years ago). I could have given HBC the same reading with just a minimal amount of research, that's how easy it is to fake a reading.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Helena Bonham Carter may be a respected actress, but she's a known eccentric who has indeed engaged in weird media stunts. The possibility that a medium was able to channel Princess Margaret is non-existent. Mediums are the biggest scam artists going (and yes, that includes the fake Long Island Medium whose tactics were exposed a few years ago). I could have given HBC the same reading with just a minimal amount of research, that's how easy it is to fake a reading.

I would expect that position from you. As for me, not leading with the 'cynic first' mentality, I'll stay with;

6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would expect that position from you. As for me, not leading with the 'cynic first' mentality, I'll stay with;

Not a cynical mentality, a rational one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Not a cynical mentality, a rational one.

To each his judgment. To me a cynic is too quick to call lying and scamming. And after we see it with about every claimant.....

2 hours ago, moonman said:

This one gets filed in the "who gives a ****" catagory.

Well I give a ****! The Koala Bear has filed this one in the 'quite interesting' file. It has even been Papametered putting the story on the map.

Edited by papageorge1

You seem to have a couple of dedicated stalkers here papa ! 

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

You seem to have a couple of dedicated stalkers here papa ! 

The Papa's mystique is now a force of nature on this forum. Look at it his way: If Papa could be easily dismissed as a quack, stalkers wouldn't be interested.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The Papa's mystique is now a force of nature on this forum. Look at it his way: If Papa could be easily dismissed as a quack, stalkers wouldn't be interested.

You are easily dismissed as a quack it's just entertaining following you around at times. :P

P.S Koalas are marsupials not bears so your other post was invalid. ^^

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

haha, I see your point. It is a matter of some interest, that those who are wont to assign nullity to such propositions, never appear to tire of the argument. You'd reckon they'd confine their interest to "real" phenomena !